Location of ground lugs on 69 T3 FI ?

Old July 29th 05, 10:47 AM
CROQ

Default Location of ground lugs on 69 T3 FI ?

Hi Folks,

Somehow, while the car was in pieces for the past 12 years, I have forgotten
where the ground lugs near the injectors go. Do they go under the fuel
injector retainer nuts, the intake manifold to head nuts, or under sheet
metal screws? I did remember the lug at the breather.

Thanks,

Old July 30th 05, 05:52 AM
Jim Adney

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 09:47:53 GMT "CROQ" > wrote:

>Somehow, while the car was in pieces for the past 12 years, I have forgotten
>where the ground lugs near the injectors go. Do they go under the fuel
>injector retainer nuts, the intake manifold to head nuts, or under sheet
>metal screws? I did remember the lug at the breather.

They originally went under the forward 6mm screws that screw
vertically down thru the cooling tin and into the heads. Those screws
had continuing trouble with losing good ground contact, however,
because of the extreme hot/cool cycling of the heads. I recommend that
you eliminate them and make extensions that bring a ground wire out
from the center of the case to each side for the injectors.

Starting in '70 VW ran the injector grounds to the case center. These
were much more reliable.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA
Old August 1st 05, 05:14 AM
CROQ

"Jim Adney" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 09:47:53 GMT "CROQ" > wrote:
>

> >Somehow, while the car was in pieces for the past 12 years, I have

forgotten
> >where the ground lugs near the injectors go. Do they go under the fuel
> >injector retainer nuts, the intake manifold to head nuts, or under sheet
> >metal screws? I did remember the lug at the breather.

> They originally went under the forward 6mm screws that screw
> vertically down thru the cooling tin and into the heads. Those screws
> had continuing trouble with losing good ground contact, however,
> because of the extreme hot/cool cycling of the heads. I recommend that
> you eliminate them and make extensions that bring a ground wire out
> from the center of the case to each side for the injectors.
>
> Starting in '70 VW ran the injector grounds to the case center. These
> were much more reliable.

Sounds good to me.
Thanks Jim.

Positive ground or Negative ground 2.3Sleeper Dodge 27 February 28th 05 05:23 AM
electrically stupid BDragon Corvette 32 February 6th 05 09:14 AM
How ground is ground? Thomas G. Marshall Honda 53 December 8th 04 12:31 AM
Help with Positive Ground issues thunderbeast Antique cars 5 March 28th 04 07:51 AM