Miata Vacation 2005

Old July 10th 05, 04:56 PM
wla2000

Default Miata Vacation 2005

Hello.

My wife and I recently took a 3000 mile trip in Juliette, my 1993
red-and-tan Miata. We went from Detroit to Mississippi, via Ontario,
New York, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and North Carolina, and returned
straight north via Ohio.

Pictures are available at
http://www.asherfamily.info/Vacation...ion/index.html.

We had great weather for the most part and enjoyed having the top down.
We had the tires replaced just before the trip with Nitto NT 460's,
and were pleased with the handling on slippery roads, and with the
reduction in road noise.

William Asher

Old July 10th 05, 11:56 PM
Chris D'Agnolo

Nicely done!

My wife and I will be doing about 2500 miles in just over a week for the
Miatas at the Gap affair but don't tell her it's that far, she'll freak out!

I'll let you know how it goes!
Chris
92BB&T

oups.com...

Old July 11th 05, 01:02 AM
Lanny Chambers

In article .com>,
"wla2000" > wrote:

> My wife and I recently took a 3000 mile trip in Juliette, my 1993
> red-and-tan Miata. We went from Detroit to Mississippi, via Ontario,
> New York, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and North Carolina, and returned
> straight north via Ohio.

We're heading to San Angelo, TX (ugh) around Labor Day, for a
hummingbird banding conference. I don't expect it to be pleasant,
scenic, or anything but a long, hot, boring drive through hostile
territory. We may not have the top down much. Maybe we'll take the
beater Accord instead of the Miata.

---
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis
Old July 11th 05, 03:42 AM
pws

Lanny Chambers wrote:

> We're heading to San Angelo, TX (ugh) around Labor Day, for a
> hummingbird banding conference. I don't expect it to be pleasant,
> scenic, or anything but a long, hot, boring drive through hostile
> territory. We may not have the top down much. Maybe we'll take the
> beater Accord instead of the Miata.
>
> ---
> Lanny Chambers
> '94C, St. Louis
> http://www.hummingbirds.net/alignment.html

Oh, come on. We only hit 104 degrees a couple of days ago and the
humidity isn't any higher than 100%, perfect top-down weather.

I also can't believe that you are not excited about visiting San Angelo,
we are talking party central there. Be sure to check out the nearby
towns of Negro Crossing and Knickerbocker while you are in the area. :-)

Pat
Old July 11th 05, 03:57 AM
pws

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Nicely done!
>
> My wife and I will be doing about 2500 miles in just over a week for the
> Miatas at the Gap affair but don't tell her it's that far, she'll freak out!
>
> I'll let you know how it goes!
> Chris
> 92BB&T

Take some pics that you can post if you get a chance.

Maybe next year......

Pat
Old July 11th 05, 10:01 PM
BK

We didn't take the Miata, but we did just get back from a 4000 mile trip to
Grand Canyon and other parts west. They're on our website at
www.billandcarol.jetsue.com under the "Family Adventures" link. There are
some Miata trips there, too.
.. .

Old July 12th 05, 01:04 AM
pws

BK wrote:
> We didn't take the Miata, but we did just get back from a 4000 mile trip to
> Grand Canyon and other parts west. They're on our website at
> www.billandcarol.jetsue.com under the "Family Adventures" link. There are
> some Miata trips there, too.

Great pics, it looks like you have a lot of fun. I really like this one.

http://www.billandcarol.jetsue.com/Mip18.jpg

I have a picture of two 1996 M Edition miatas parked in front of the
same sign at Deals Gap. Unfortunately, both of them are now totaled.

Pat
Old July 15th 05, 05:01 PM
Lisa

Alright!
Nothing like a summer road trip in the Miata! My pug and I just got back
from our "Midwestern Tour", going from NC to Cleveland, Oh and many, many
opints in between. It was great.... I know I'm a dork, but I had a little
dog seat for the pug so she could see out. I'm sure we amused many other
people on the road.

oups.com...

Old July 26th 05, 01:34 AM
Leon van Dommelen

"wla2000" > wrote:

>Hello.
>
>My wife and I recently took a 3000 mile trip in Juliette,

Good thinking!

> my 1993
>red-and-tan Miata.

Excellent. Though a white Miata would have been really ideal.

> We went from Detroit to Mississippi, via Ontario,
>New York, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and North Carolina, and returned
>straight north via Ohio.

I think you should have had pretty nice weather for it, too.

>Pictures are available at
>http://www.asherfamily.info/Vacation...ion/index.html.

Interesting method to select the pictures.

>We had great weather for the most part and enjoyed having the top down.
> We had the tires replaced just before the trip with Nitto NT 460's,
>and were pleased with the handling on slippery roads, and with the
>reduction in road noise.
>
>William Asher

Leon

http://www.dommelen.net/miata