Vista license agreement is a joke

Old October 13th 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Garrot

Default Vista license agreement is a joke

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/index.php?p=116p://
Old October 14th 06, 09:50 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Garrot wrote:
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/index.php?p=116p://

I will suggest they will have to change that as vista sales will be hit
hard on that single issue alone

Old October 14th 06, 03:05 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
mls067

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase..._licensing.asp

Old October 14th 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mitch_A[_1_]

I'ts nice when someone finally cuts right through the "net" bull****.

Mitch

Old October 14th 06, 06:26 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Garrot

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 09:05:56 -0500, mls067 wrote:

> http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase..._licensing.asp

Well, that is even more crap from Microsoft. They are saying even retail XP
is tied to a single device. Why the **** would we buy retail copies of XP
if it is tied to a single device just like OEM? They are just backtracking
and trying to confuse the issue.
Old October 14th 06, 06:27 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Garrot

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 16:23:51 GMT, Mitch_A wrote:

> I'ts nice when someone finally cuts right through the "net" bull****.
>
> Mitch

Yea, just lay down and take it up the arse like you always do.
Old October 14th 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Scott B. Husted

Garrot wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 09:05:56 -0500, mls067 wrote:
>

>>http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase..._licensing.asp

> Well, that is even more crap from Microsoft. They are saying even retail XP
> is tied to a single device. Why the **** would we buy retail copies of XP
> if it is tied to a single device just like OEM? They are just backtracking
> and trying to confuse the issue.

I just replaced a Hard Drive (not my primary, a second drive) and added
a gigabit NIC card and I had to re-activate Windows. Had no problem
doing so, but I did have to do it. It's the first time I've had to do
it, but I guess I'm one of the stupid people who actually owns and paid
for 3 Retail copies of Win XP Pro.

--
Scott B. Husted
http://www.Husted.cc
Old October 14th 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Garrot

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 09:05:56 -0500, mls067 wrote:

> http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase..._licensing.asp

Oh yea, thanks for that url. Lots of people are going to find this
"interesting" too.
Old October 14th 06, 07:09 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jason moyer

Mitch_A wrote:

> I'ts nice when someone finally cuts right through the "net" bull****.

I don't see what's been clarified in that article. The entire point
seems to be that the author doesn't give a **** about the small segment
of the market that is effected in a bad way by the Windows EULA or
product activation. It's less "this isn't true" and more "this doesn't
effect me so why do I care".

Old October 14th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes[_1_]

"Scott B. Husted" > wrote in message
> Garrot wrote:
>> On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 09:05:56 -0500, mls067 wrote:
>>

>>>http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase..._licensing.asp

>> Well, that is even more crap from Microsoft. They are saying even retail
>> XP
>> is tied to a single device. Why the **** would we buy retail copies of XP
>> if it is tied to a single device just like OEM? They are just
>> backtracking
>> and trying to confuse the issue.

> I just replaced a Hard Drive (not my primary, a second drive) and added a
> gigabit NIC card and I had to re-activate Windows. Had no problem doing
> so, but I did have to do it. It's the first time I've had to do it, but I
> guess I'm one of the stupid people who actually owns and paid for 3 Retail
> copies of Win XP Pro.
>
> --
> Scott B. Husted
> http://www.Husted.cc

I ONLY added a NIC card recently and had to re-activate. As you say, it
was simple but also VERY petty on MS's part I thought.