rFactor review

Old September 7th 05, 02:25 AM
David G Fisher

"Jan Verschueren" > wrote in message
> "David G Fisher" wrote...
>> This year has been even worse for JPM compared to his teammate.
>> Outqualified 11 to 3. This past weekend KR had a full tank of fuel
>> and still outqualified him. Would of beaten him from 11th starting
>> position if he didn't have to pit to fix a bad tire.
>>
>> KR has six wins compared to his two.
>>
>> KR had a nine to two advantage in fastest race laps going into Monza
>> (don't know Monza result).
>>
>> Not even close.

> Do I sense a bit of a mission here? -I agree: ******, also-ran. No need to
> convince me further.
>
> Still don't like the Fin, though, but that's personal. Never liked Senna
> either.
>
> Jan.
> =---

No mission.

You and ymenard poked me in the ribs and I poked back. :-p

--
David G Fisher

Old September 7th 05, 02:44 AM
jason moyer

whooo wrote:

> For Chrissake, it's a excellent sim and costs less than one night on the
> beer!

You drink 2 cases of Guinness in one sitting?

Old September 7th 05, 07:18 AM
whooo

jason moyer wrote:
> whooo wrote:
>

>>For Chrissake, it's a excellent sim and costs less than one night on the
>>beer!

> You drink 2 cases of Guinness in one sitting?

rF cost me 30UKP. I can **** 30UKp up against the wall in one night, no
problem at all.
Old September 7th 05, 07:21 AM
whooo

Jan Verschueren wrote:
> "whooo" wrote...
>
>>>I may be wrong in this instance, I don't know,

>>You are in no position to comment, then!

> Wrong. I know the lineage of the game intimately. In fact, at times, I have
> been the lone proponent of the series on this group. However, this also
> means I know first impressions can deceive and it might be nescessary to
> tone down the comments of those just being exposed to the ISI way of going
> about sims (and that goes both ways, BTW).
>

>>>but unless I know for sure, I must advise caution.

>>Unless you know for sure, your comments are worthless.

> No, there is a long history of not being able to fix what annoys people most
> with these games and I'm sure that in a film scenario it would turn out they
> found the one line of offending code that turns the whole deal around, but
> not in the real world.
>
> I've talked straight on every game so far and I'm not about to change.
> Self-publishing but not going the established shareware route? -fishy.
>
> Jan.
> =---

I've tried it and you haven't. The open wheel trainer is spot on, and
has a better feel than the GPL 65 mod.

Until you have rF on your hard drive, your comments are worthless.
Old September 7th 05, 10:17 AM
Goy Larsen

Jan Verschueren wrote:

> "Goy Larsen" wrote in message ...
> > Jan Verschueren wrote:
> >> <snip>

> > There's a 48 hour money back guarantee on the full game, I would
> > have thought that was enough of a "demo" ?

> Yes, I know and I'm sure the guys wouldn't mind if I did return it, but I
> wouldn't feel good about doing it that way.
>
> C'mon uncle, you know me better than that.

Not sure where you're going with this, first you argue that won't buy it
because there's no demo and when it's pointed out that there's a 48 hour
money back satisfaction guarantee, you say that's not something you'd
want to take advantage of and you'd rather have them make a limited demo
version ?

Always knew you were a bit weird

Beers and cheers
(uncle) Goy

"The Pits" http://www.theuspits.com/

"When two or more people are gathered together in my name,
they shall perform the Parrot Sketch..."

--Our Lord John Cleese--
Old September 7th 05, 02:13 PM
jason moyer

Uwe Sch=FCrkamp wrote:

> As a long-time regular to RAS, you should know that the activity a new
> sim creates is usually indicative of its quality.

If that were the case, F1C would have generated substantially more
activity. rFactor is subtly better in certain areas, but it's
definitely not a quantum leap forward.

Old September 7th 05, 06:22 PM
Jan Verschueren

"whooo" wrote...
>> <snip>

> I've tried it and you haven't. The open wheel trainer is spot
> on, and has a better feel than the GPL 65 mod.

I'm sure it has, F1 2k1 already outpaced GPL in that area a couple of years
back.

Jan.
=---