1992 honda gets code 41

Old June 30th 05, 09:27 PM
wirenet

Default 1992 honda gets code 41

honda accord 1992 gets code 41.I am also getting about 15 miles per gallon
over the road and around town. Honda has 125.000 miles on it. The fuel
checks out okay. The distributor went bad two months ago and was
changed.The plugs were changed and they are black. The car is burning or
losing no oil. The car is not over heating.When the engine is cold like in
the winter the car idles rough. Idle engine is rough on the money.I am
getting no ticking from the valves would this cause bad gas mileage.
Timing was cheked and is okay. thanks

Old June 30th 05, 09:45 PM
S.S.

wirenet wrote:

> honda accord 1992 gets code 41.I am also getting about 15 miles per gallon
> over the road and around town. Honda has 125.000 miles on it. The fuel
> checks out okay. The distributor went bad two months ago and was
> changed.The plugs were changed and they are black. The car is burning or
> losing no oil. The car is not over heating.When the engine is cold like in
> the winter the car idles rough. Idle engine is rough on the money.I am
> getting no ticking from the valves would this cause bad gas mileage.
> Timing was cheked and is okay. thanks

Replace the O2 sensor. And make sure the new one is OEM.
Old June 30th 05, 10:34 PM
ylruc21

41 Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
90-98 92-98 97-98 n/a 93-97 95-98 90-98
Primary Oxygen Sensor - Heater
circuit malfunction

lkaboutautos.com...

Old July 1st 05, 01:41 AM
wirenet

I am responding to ss I replaced the oxygen sensor with an oem one and it
different make any difference. signed wirenet

Old July 1st 05, 04:41 AM
motsco_ _

wirenet wrote:
> honda accord 1992 gets code 41.I am also getting about 15 miles per gallon
> over the road and around town. Honda has 125.000 miles on it. The fuel
> checks out okay. The distributor went bad two months ago and was
> changed.The plugs were changed and they are black. The car is burning or
> losing no oil. The car is not over heating.When the engine is cold like in
> the winter the car idles rough. Idle engine is rough on the money.I am
> getting no ticking from the valves would this cause bad gas mileage.
> Timing was cheked and is okay. thanks

If it's gutless when cold, but OK for acceleration once it warms up, it
may be your timing belt is out a tooth, and somebody has corrected the
ignition timing by rotating the distributor (is it cranked to the
extreme of it's range?) So your ignition timing can be correct, but the
valves timing may be way out.

'Curly'