1920s Sawmill

Old April 8th 08, 02:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Phil Rhodes[_2_]

Default 1920s Sawmill

Id of car unk to me.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of Scan0083.jpg (96.3 KB, 19 views)
Old April 8th 08, 03:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Square Wheels[_8_]

On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 18:16:50 -0700, Phil Rhodes wrote:

> Id of car unk to me.

Got a larger scan.....?

Should be able to read the name on the grille if ya do....

Anyway, one of our resident genii will know for sure.

SW

Old April 8th 08, 04:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Square Wheels[_8_]

On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 23:14:10 -0400, rob wrote:

> name on grille is cursive and runs upwards at an angle.
>
> no guessing from me......

Or me!

Too easy to get severely embarassed!

Old April 8th 08, 04:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
L.W.\(ßill\)Hughes III

My Grandfather's Buick.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

http://www.billhughes.com/jeep_bookmark.htm

"Phil Rhodes" > wrote in message
. ..
> Id of car unk to me.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ralph1908buick.jpg (110.9 KB, 18 views)
Old April 8th 08, 04:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Phil Rhodes[_2_]

Well, it's a little bigger

"Square Wheels" > wrote in
message news:JsBKj.34393$Cj7.4048@pd7urf2no...
> On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 23:14:10 -0400, rob wrote:
>
>> name on grille is cursive and runs upwards at an angle.
>>
>> no guessing from me......

> Or me!
>
> Too easy to get severely embarassed!
>

>> "Square Wheels" > wrote
>> in
>> message news:TbBKj.33565$rd2.27773@pd7urf3no...

>>> Got a larger scan.....?
>>>
>>> Should be able to read the name on the grille if ya do....
>>>
>>> Anyway, one of our resident genii will know for sure.
>>>

>>> SW

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan2.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	131171
Old April 8th 08, 06:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Square Wheels[_8_]

On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 20:48:12 -0700, Phil Rhodes wrote:

> Well, it's a little bigger

Well, I'm going to go out on a huge limb and guess a Hupmobile, circa
~1918.

C'mon, experts, where is ya? ;^)

SW

Old April 8th 08, 03:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Dennis Holland

I believe it is about a 1912 Overland.

Dennis

Old April 8th 08, 07:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Jonno

Except for one wee problem SW I might sort of agree. The car in the picture
does look a bit like a Hupmobile but appears to have chain drive to the rear
axle. You can just see what appears to be the drive cog and chain in front
of the rear wheel fender above the running board. To my knowledge Hupmobile
never used chain drive.
I would add that both the front axle and the fenders seem to be the wrong
shape to be Hupp and normally the headlamps would have been mounted higher
up and with a tie bar across the radiator. Hupmobile didn't make tourer
bodies until 1911. The vehicle in the picture appears to me to be earlier
than 1918, I would suggest maybe like 1908 -1911. Nope I don't know what it
is either

Jonno

"Square Wheels" > wrote in
message news:Y%CKj.163953$pM4.6004@pd7urf1no...

Old April 8th 08, 10:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
ThomasS2[_2_]

Looks to my eyes to read BUICK!

Old April 9th 08, 01:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Square Wheels[_8_]

On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 21:03:01 +0000, ThomasS2 wrote:

> Looks to my eyes to read BUICK!

The script seems a little thin and mounted too high for Buick -- the ones
I've found on the net don't reach above headlights. Of course, it could
have come off and been remounted ... hey, whadda I know, anyway?

;^)

SW