Batt drain problem

Old December 30th 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
ukdodger via CarKB.com

Default Batt drain problem

Cheers Lost. It's easy to overlook the obvious. Good point. Thanks. I think
over there the Polo was called the Rabbit. Could be wrong.

UKD

--
RD

Old December 30th 07, 06:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Nate Nagel[_2_]

ukdodger via CarKB.com wrote:
> Cheers Lost. It's easy to overlook the obvious. Good point. Thanks. I think
> over there the Polo was called the Rabbit. Could be wrong.
>
> UKD
>

> Lost In Space/Woodchuck wrote:
>
>>start with the easy stuff.
>>
>>glove box light
>>trunk light
>>unplug the radio for a few days and see what happens.
>>
>>Polo... I have no clue what they look like. Just not a USA vehicle.
>>

>>>Hi everyone. A friend has a VW Polo twist 2004 which drains the battery
>>>every

>>[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]
>>
>>>UKD

Nope, the Rabbit was a rebadged A1 Golf (or A5 Golf, more recently)

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old December 31st 07, 05:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
ukdodger via CarKB.com

Oh right. Cheers. I've often wondered why the same car sells better in
another country with a different name. Odd really.

--
RD

Old August 1st 14, 02:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Tarbuck27

replying to ukdodger via CarKB.com, Tarbuck27 wrote:
> u20620 wrote:
>
> Hi everyone. A friend has a VW Polo twist 2004 which drains the battery every
> two days or so when the vehicle is standing idle. So she has been told by the
> VW garage the problem is the car radio - called an 'Alpine'. What the problem
> is they dont say but they do know they want £50+/hour to sort it out! How

can
> I check this out? I'm a competent mechanic with a background in electronic
> engineering. So it should be easy but I would really appreciate some guidence
> on where to start or some ideas on where the problem is most likely to be. I
> just dont want to start pulling the facia apart and possibly create more
> problems. Many thanks and a happy new year to all.
> UKD

It is likely the radio, had same issue with aftermarket unit on 2008 R32. The
computer does not recognise the unit and keeps trying to handshake after the
ignition is switched off. The only solution is replacement with a compatible
unit.

--
posted from
http://www.motorsforum.com/vw/batt-d...lem-41222-.htm