symptoms of a VW Jetta daylights come on in the off position switch

Old August 29th 14, 02:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Debbie[_2_]

Default symptoms of a VW Jetta daylights come on in the off position switch

A week ago I had a new cylinder lock with a read coil switch replaced in my
Jetta GLS 2001. Since then, my battery has been dying. I put in a new battery
and had the alternator tested and a draw test. All of that checked fine, but
the battery keeps dying. The other day I noticed that my daylights come when
I turn the key from the lock to the off position. Not only that, when I start
my car and shut it off taking out the key, I am able to power my windows.
Could this be a problem with the cylinder lock switch?

--
posted from
http://www.motorsforum.com/vw/sympto...ion-45285-.htm

Old August 30th 14, 05:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
LG[_2_]

That sounds more like a driver door latch issue. Does your interior lights
come on and off with the door? Especially the one in the door.

roups.com...