How do I reset "Maintenance Needed" light in 2003 Civic?

Old June 26th 06, 03:24 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

Default How do I reset "Maintenance Needed" light in 2003 Civic?

I know that it is probably easy, like patting the top of your head and
rubbing your tummy, but what is the proper proceedure?

TIA
glen at ccim dot net

Old June 26th 06, 04:25 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

"glenf" > wrote in message
nk.net...
>I know that it is probably easy, like patting the top of your head and
> rubbing your tummy, but what is the proper proceedure?
>
> TIA
> glen at ccim dot net

RTFM !
--
Bearman

If it's got tits, tires, tubes, or transistors, it's trouble.

Old June 26th 06, 02:50 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

"TeGGeR®" > wrote
> "glenf" > wrote
>> I know that it is probably easy, like patting the top of
>> your head and
>> rubbing your tummy, but what is the proper proceedure?
>>

> Go he
> https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp
>
> 1) Click on Owner's Manuals
> 2) Navigate to the manual for the '03 Civic Sedan
> 3) Look at page 68.

Does one have to register/subscribe at this site to get the
full owner's manual? I can only get to the first page,
whence there's a warning that this is all that may be
accessible for certain years.

Old June 26th 06, 04:54 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

Thanks TeGGeR! While I am not a subscriber to the site, I was able to get
to (albeit slowly) page 68 in the 2003 manual, and find the "pat your head,
rub your tummy" instructions.
ink.net...

Old June 26th 06, 07:02 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

"Elle" > wrote in
ink.net:

> "TeGGeR®" > wrote
>> "glenf" > wrote
>>> I know that it is probably easy, like patting the top of
>>> your head and
>>> rubbing your tummy, but what is the proper proceedure?
>>>

>> Go he
>> https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp
>>
>> 1) Click on Owner's Manuals
>> 2) Navigate to the manual for the '03 Civic Sedan
>> 3) Look at page 68.

> Does one have to register/subscribe at this site to get the
> full owner's manual?

No.

> I can only get to the first page,
> whence there's a warning that this is all that may be
> accessible for certain years.

Some of the very new manuals are sort of limited, but I've had no troupble
at all accessing the vast majority of them. What version of Acrobat are you
using, and what browser?

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old June 26th 06, 09:58 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

"TeGGeR®" > wrote
> "Elle" > wrote
>>> Go he
>>> https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp
>>>
>>> 1) Click on Owner's Manuals
>>> 2) Navigate to the manual for the '03 Civic Sedan
>>> 3) Look at page 68.

snip
> Some of the very new manuals are sort of limited, but I've
> had no troupble
> at all accessing the vast majority of them. What version
> of Acrobat are you
> using, and what browser?

Acrobat 7.0. Neither my Mozilla Firefox nor my Internet
Explorer will show me more than one page.

It's the 2003 Civic Sedan owner's manual, among others, for
which I couldn't get more than one page.

But the OP said he got it. So the problem must be at my
computer.

Old June 27th 06, 12:30 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

> Acrobat 7.0. Neither my Mozilla Firefox nor my Internet
> Explorer will show me more than one page.
>
> It's the 2003 Civic Sedan owner's manual, among others, for
> which I couldn't get more than one page.
>
> But the OP said he got it. So the problem must be at my
> computer.

In the upper right hand corner of the white page, there is an arrow.
Click the right arrow to get to the next page. After a few pages, then
you can use the Acrobat controls at the bottom. I use Firefox by the way.
Old June 27th 06, 12:33 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

"Elle" > wrote in
news
> "TeGGeR®" > wrote
>> "Elle" > wrote

> snip
>> Some of the very new manuals are sort of limited, but I've
>> had no troupble
>> at all accessing the vast majority of them. What version
>> of Acrobat are you
>> using, and what browser?

> Acrobat 7.0. Neither my Mozilla Firefox nor my Internet
> Explorer will show me more than one page.

I think I see what you mean. You're right in that it will only give it to
you a page at a time. Why, I do not know.

However, it is possible in a roundabout way to obtain the whole document. I
tried the method below:

I noticed some pages came over individually, while others came in batches
of ten or so. Open up the "Thumbnails" tab in Acrobat Reader so you'll know
how they've come over. Next, view each page in the batch so you can be sure
they're all actually there. After that, and before clicking on a page
outside of that batch, save the file to disk, calling it something like
"Pages_8-15.pdf" (for example).

What a PITA. Maybe Honda decided to break the files up this way to keep
download times short.

Old June 27th 06, 02:08 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

TeGGeR® wrote:
> "Elle" > wrote in
> news >
>> "TeGGeR®" > wrote
>>> "Elle" > wrote

>> snip
>>> Some of the very new manuals are sort of limited, but I've
>>> had no troupble
>>> at all accessing the vast majority of them. What version
>>> of Acrobat are you
>>> using, and what browser?

>> Acrobat 7.0. Neither my Mozilla Firefox nor my Internet
>> Explorer will show me more than one page.

> I think I see what you mean. You're right in that it will only give
> it to you a page at a time. Why, I do not know.
>
> However, it is possible in a roundabout way to obtain the whole
> document. I tried the method below:
>
> I noticed some pages came over individually, while others came in
> batches of ten or so. Open up the "Thumbnails" tab in Acrobat Reader
> so you'll know how they've come over. Next, view each page in the
> batch so you can be sure they're all actually there. After that, and
> before clicking on a page outside of that batch, save the file to
> disk, calling it something like "Pages_8-15.pdf" (for example).
>
> What a PITA. Maybe Honda decided to break the files up this way to
> keep download times short.

In Internet Explorer, Right Mouse Click and "Save target as..." which
gets the file without viewing it. Open it when downloading completes.

WIMBORNE http://www.wessex-astro.org.uk/ Wessex Astro Society's Website
Dorset UK Info, Meeting Dates, Sites & Maps

Old June 27th 06, 02:33 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

"Graham W" > wrote in
:

> TeGGeR® wrote:

>> What a PITA. Maybe Honda decided to break the files up this way to
>> keep download times short.

> In Internet Explorer, Right Mouse Click and "Save target as..." which
> gets the file without viewing it. Open it when downloading completes.

Same thing in Mozilla/Firefox, clicking "Save Link Target As".

That still only gets you the pages in the main file. It does not save
anything past whatever was in the main file (one or two pages).

> --
> Graham W http://www.gcw.org.uk/

Your sig isn't compliant. You need a space character after the double-
hyphen. Or is OE stripping it off for you?