Sagging

Old March 5th 05, 06:41 AM
Eric

Default Sagging

I've always thought since installing my lift the rear sat just a tad lower
than the front. That was even with the stock spare. Now I have the 33" MTs
on there and an LoD bumper/tire carrier. Seems to be lower, but I don't
know if it's an optical illusion. Anyone know if the rear fender height is
supposed to be the same as the front? Figure I could get the measuring tape
and be sure.

I have a feeling it's because the kit didn't specify 4 or 6 cyl -- front
springs could be more heavy-duty for the 6 and my lighter 4 is sitting
higher. I'm guessing I'll need 1/4 - 1/2" spacers in the rear to level it
off. Again, I just want to make sure. Of course that's just cosmetic, so
it goes to the bottom of the priority pool.

Thanks guys.

Eric
99 TJ SE

Old March 5th 05, 02:30 PM

Not sure about the fender height, but you can check the front and rear
of the rocker panels on each side. When I installed my lift, I use the
rocker panels to level it up. I had to put add-a-leafs up front. It's
now within 1/4" at all four points. Be sure you're parked on a level,
even surface.
TrailMarker.

Old March 5th 05, 02:36 PM
Mike Romain

Hmm.... so then how bad does it resemble a dog dragging it's butt on
the ground when you put 4 people or fill it with gear?

I always like mine to sit slightly high in the rear empty so it doesn't
look like the above sick puppy when driven...

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's