A new People's Car

Old April 19th 07, 05:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Speedy Jim

Default A new People's Car

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...xt-peoples-car

Should be interesting to at least follow development.

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

"I have no use for a car which has more spark plugs than a cow has teats!"
Henry Ford, when advised that Chevrolet was introducing a 6-cylinder engine.
Old April 19th 07, 05:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
john

Speedy Jim wrote:
> http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...xt-peoples-car
>
> Should be interesting to at least follow development.

I wager that the special interests in the USA will block its importation
as they have other mini-cars.
Old April 19th 07, 06:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Berg

Speedy Jim wrote:
> http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...xt-peoples-car
>
> Should be interesting to at least follow development.
>
> Speedy Jim
> http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
>
> "I have no use for a car which has more spark plugs than a cow has teats!"
> Henry Ford, when advised that Chevrolet was introducing a 6-cylinder
> engine.

Interesting, very interesting.
We already have an India built electric car up here, just came over a
few months ago.
Looks really different, seats three abreast, retails cheaper than any
other electric car, uses lead acid batteries though.

There was a story on another reasonable car not long ago, also built in
India or was it China? Cant remember the details..

J.
Old April 20th 07, 07:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Rev Turd Fredericks

Speedy Jim wrote:
> http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...xt-peoples-car
>
> Should be interesting to at least follow development.
>
> Speedy Jim
> http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
>
> "I have no use for a car which has more spark plugs than a cow has teats!"
> Henry Ford, when advised that Chevrolet was introducing a 6-cylinder
> engine.

Heh. I'd buy one just for the novelty. I doubt they will be able to sell
them in the USA though as it's hard to imagine they could live up to
safety and emissions standards. On the other hand, if they do live up to
standards all the other automakers will be in deep ****.

--
I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
-Christopher Walken SNL ð
Old April 21st 07, 10:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
George[_5_]

Berg wrote:
> Speedy Jim wrote:
>
>> http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...xt-peoples-car
>>
>> Should be interesting to at least follow development.
>>
>> Speedy Jim
>> http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
>>
>> "I have no use for a car which has more spark plugs than a cow has
>> teats!"
>> Henry Ford, when advised that Chevrolet was introducing a 6-cylinder
>> engine.

> Interesting, very interesting.
> We already have an India built electric car up here, just came over a
> few months ago.
> Looks really different, seats three abreast, retails cheaper than any
> other electric car, uses lead acid batteries though.
>
> There was a story on another reasonable car not long ago, also built in
> India or was it China? Cant remember the details..
>
> J.

The car referred to here is called the Reva in India and the G-whiz in
the UK. It is a city car and would be my choice for a daily driver IF
Uncle Sam would allow them to be sold and operated here.
George