2006 MP3 CD Changer and Song Titles

Old March 9th 07, 03:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Mike Pelley

Default 2006 MP3 CD Changer and Song Titles

Hello folks,

I traded in my old Miata for a new 2006 MX-5 last summer and picked up
the MP3 6 CD changer. It works very well, but I cannot get any text
(i.e. song titles) to show up on the display for the CDs I create.

I purchased the sport package, so I have the "non-Bose" version of the
cd changer. Does anyone know if this MP3 player is supposed to
display text? If so, is there something I have to do when I create
the CD (id tag version, file system, etc.)?

I've checked the manual, but it is not clear what is supported and the
Bose and non-Bose players are not clearly separated.

Thanks! Mike.

Old March 9th 07, 09:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
John McGaw

Mike Pelley wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I traded in my old Miata for a new 2006 MX-5 last summer and picked up
> the MP3 6 CD changer. It works very well, but I cannot get any text
> (i.e. song titles) to show up on the display for the CDs I create.
>
> I purchased the sport package, so I have the "non-Bose" version of the
> cd changer. Does anyone know if this MP3 player is supposed to
> display text? If so, is there something I have to do when I create
> the CD (id tag version, file system, etc.)?
>
> I've checked the manual, but it is not clear what is supported and the
> Bose and non-Bose players are not clearly separated.
>
> Thanks! Mike.

Mine certainly displays ID3 tag data, but of course it doesn't display
every one of them because there are so many sorts. Basically album title
and song title and artist are the ID3 tags which are available.

When you tag your files, what method do you use to set the tags? I'm not
sure which version of the tags the player uses but I routinely set both
ID3v1 and ID3v2 anyway so it doesn't matter. I set mine with a clever
little program called MP3Tag ( http://www.mp3tag.de/en/ ) and have never
found any program that does it better. The file system is just plain
vanilla CD data disk format; I burn mine with Nero6 and that is what I
tell it "CD Data Disk", not "MP3 Disk" or "Music CD".

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Old March 9th 07, 11:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
McMahon

> I purchased the sport package, so I have the "non-Bose" version of the
> cd changer. Does anyone know if this MP3 player is supposed to
> display text? If so, is there something I have to do when I create
> the CD (id tag version, file system, etc.)?

I have the Sport "non-Bose" version also and I cannot get it to even play an
..mp3 data disk (no folders, just .mp3 files)

Curious. Do you just insert an .mp3 data disk and it plays?

thanx

--
Steve McMahon
Green '07 Sport

Old March 9th 07, 11:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
John McGaw

McMahon wrote:

>> I purchased the sport package, so I have the "non-Bose" version of the
>> cd changer. Does anyone know if this MP3 player is supposed to
>> display text? If so, is there something I have to do when I create
>> the CD (id tag version, file system, etc.)?
>>

> I have the Sport "non-Bose" version also and I cannot get it to even
> play an .mp3 data disk (no folders, just .mp3 files)
>
> Curious. Do you just insert an .mp3 data disk and it plays?
>
> thanx
>
> --
> Steve McMahon
> Green '07 Sport

That is all I do. It works fine even with directories although I've
never tried more than a single directory deep. Before I wrote my
previous reply I wanted to verify what my procedure actually was so I
opened Nero, dragged three directories containing audio books into it
and burned to a "data cd". Each directory had anything up to 150 MP3
files in it and it played just fine and the tags showed up. Each MP3 was
tagged with ID3v1 and ID3v2 and artist (author), title, and album title
(book name) showed up on the display.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Old March 10th 07, 01:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Leon van Dommelen

"McMahon" > wrote:

>> I purchased the sport package, so I have the "non-Bose" version of the
>> cd changer. Does anyone know if this MP3 player is supposed to
>> display text? If so, is there something I have to do when I create
>> the CD (id tag version, file system, etc.)?
>>

>I have the Sport "non-Bose" version also and I cannot get it to even play an
>.mp3 data disk (no folders, just .mp3 files)
>
>Curious. Do you just insert an .mp3 data disk and it plays?

Do you close the disks?

Leon
--
Leon van Dommelen Bess, the Miata Bozo, the Miata
http://www.dommelen.net/miata
Old March 10th 07, 01:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
John McGaw

Leon van Dommelen wrote:
> "McMahon" > wrote:
>
>>> I purchased the sport package, so I have the "non-Bose" version of the
>>> cd changer. Does anyone know if this MP3 player is supposed to
>>> display text? If so, is there something I have to do when I create
>>> the CD (id tag version, file system, etc.)?
>>>

>> I have the Sport "non-Bose" version also and I cannot get it to even play an
>> .mp3 data disk (no folders, just .mp3 files)
>>
>> Curious. Do you just insert an .mp3 data disk and it plays?

> Do you close the disks?
>
> Leon

Thanks for adding that. I thought about it in the middle of the night
and meant to add it but wound up doing my morning miles before I thought
of it again.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Old March 10th 07, 06:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
McMahon

>>Curious. Do you just insert an .mp3 data disk and it plays?

> Do you close the disks?

Oooops ... uh ... let's see ... uh ... no ):

thankyouverymuch

--
SM

ch-changer for MFD2 in 2006 Passat werner VW water cooled 1 March 1st 07 06:09 PM
A song about I-95 necromancer Driving 1 April 6th 06 05:19 PM
Question about titles or ownership for car. ledpeddle Ford Mustang 16 March 26th 06 03:41 PM
Where to buy GPL and F1C titles online, Uk or Pt Andi Cole Simulators 4 January 25th 05 11:07 PM