Guy gets caught while trying to stop drivers from talking oncellphones while driving

Old November 20th 14, 06:21 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Abe Swanson

Default Guy gets caught while trying to stop drivers from talking oncellphones while driving

The court finds Jason R. Humphreys apparently liable for a forfeiture of
$48,000 for using a cell phone jammer in his car during his daily commute
between Seffner and Tampa, Florida. Mr. Humphreys' illegal operation of
the jammer apparently continued for up to two years, caused actual
interference to cellular service along a swath of Interstate 4.

(a) Penalty of $16,000 for jamming law enforcement frequencies, plus
(b) Penalty of $16,000 for jamming cellphone frequencies, plus
(c) Penalty of $16,000 for operating that same jammer for two years.
http://transition.fcc.gov/eb/Orders/...C-14-55A1.html
On April 29, 2013, the Enforcement Bureau (Bureau) received a complaint
from Metro PCS that its cell phone tower sites had been experiencing
interference during the morning and evening commutes in Tampa, Florida.
Based on the location of the towers and the times that the alleged
interference occurred, the Bureau determined that the likely source of
the interference was mobile along Interstate 4 between downtown Tampa and
Seffner, Florida.

On May 7, 2013, agents from the Bureau's Tampa Office (Tampa Office)
initiated an investigation into this matter and monitored the suspected
route. On May 7, 8, and 9, 2013, the agents determined, using direction
finding techniques, that strong wideband emissions within the cellular
and PCS bands (i.e., the 800 MHz to 1900 MHz band) were emanating from a
blue Toyota Highlander sport utility vehicle (SUV) with a Florida license
plate. On May 9, 2013, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office
(Hillsborough Sheriff), working closely with the agents from the Tampa
Office, stopped the Toyota Highlander SUV. The Hillsborough Sheriff
deputies reported that communications with police dispatch over their 800
MHz two-way portable radios were interrupted as they approached the SUV.

The agents from the Tampa Office and the Hillsborough Sheriff deputies
interviewed the driver, who identified himself as Jason Humphreys. Mr.
Humphreys admitted that he owned and had operated a cell phone jammer
from his car for the past 16 to 24 months. An inspection of the vehicle
revealed the cell phone jammer behind the seat cover of the passenger
seat. Mr. Humphreys stated that he had been operating the jammer to keep
people from talking on their cell phones while driving. At the conclusion
of the interview, the Hillsborough Sheriff deputies seized Mr. Humphreys'
cell phone jammer pursuant to Florida state law. On the following day,
May 10, 2013, Metro PCS confirmed that the interference to its cell
towers had ceased. On June 14, 2013, agents from the Tampa Office tested
the seized cell phone jammer and confirmed that it was capable of jamming
cellular and PCS communications in at least three frequency bands:
821-968 MHz, 1800-2006 MHz, and 2091-2180 MHz.
Old November 20th 14, 06:32 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Jolly Roger

On 2014-11-20, Abe Swanson > wrote:
> The court finds Jason R. Humphreys apparently liable for a forfeiture of
> $48,000 for using a cell phone jammer in his car during his daily commute
> between Seffner and Tampa, Florida. Mr. Humphreys' illegal operation of
> the jammer apparently continued for up to two years, caused actual
> interference to cellular service along a swath of Interstate 4.
>
> (a) Penalty of $16,000 for jamming law enforcement frequencies, plus
> (b) Penalty of $16,000 for jamming cellphone frequencies, plus
> (c) Penalty of $16,000 for operating that same jammer for two years.
> http://transition.fcc.gov/eb/Orders/...C-14-55A1.html

I wonder how many 911 calls this ****er prevented with his antisocial
antics. If even just one he should be looking at jail time, IMO.

JR
Old November 20th 14, 07:58 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Joe seph P. W. Kenington

http://thesignaljammer.com

$449.00

Old November 21st 14, 12:02 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Arthur Jones

On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 23:59:23 +0000, Lewis wrote:

> He was very lucky. Had anyone died because of his actions that would be
> first degree murder, which is still a capital offense in Florida.

These guys did the same thing, only it was a business doing the jamming,
instead of a driver, and it was AT&T instead of T-Mobile.

http://www.fcc.gov/document/fcc-prop...ee-cell-phones

Old November 21st 14, 01:52 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
News

On 11/20/2014 6:59 PM, Lewis wrote:

> He was very lucky. Had anyone died because of his actions that would be
> first degree murder, which is still a capital offense in Florida.

Let me guess... You stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night?
Old November 21st 14, 05:36 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
News

On 11/21/2014 10:18 AM, Lewis wrote:
> Okay, so one time? In band camp? News > was all, like:
>> On 11/20/2014 6:59 PM, Lewis wrote:
>>>
>>> He was very lucky. Had anyone died because of his actions that would be
>>> first degree murder, which is still a capital offense in Florida.

>> Let me guess... You stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

> What are you talking about?

Your "legal training"
Old November 21st 14, 05:43 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
BobbyK

On Fri, 21 Nov 2014 12:36:01 -0500, News > wrote:

>On 11/21/2014 10:18 AM, Lewis wrote:
>> Okay, so one time? In band camp? News > was all, like:

>>> Let me guess... You stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

>> What are you talking about?

Still way outside at the very least. Explain please.

Old November 22nd 14, 04:16 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Jolly Roger

On 2014-11-22, Lewis > wrote:
> Okay, so one time? In band camp? News > was all, like:
>> On 11/21/2014 10:18 AM, Lewis wrote:
>>> Okay, so one time? In band camp? News > was all, like:

>>> What are you talking about?

>> Your "legal training"

> A death during the commission of a crime is first degree murder
> regardless of the circumstances or cause of the death. This is true here
> in Colorado, is true in California, and as I understand it is true in
> Florida.
>
> So, if you rob a store and the clerk dies of a heart attack, that is
> first degree murder.
>
> Jamming cellphone signals is illegal,. The jammer also jams emergency
> vehicle communications. If that jamming caused *in any way* a person to
> die, then the person jamming the signals could be charged with first
> degree murder.

I guess I'm being dense; but I don't see the connection to Holiday Inn
Express...

JR
Old November 22nd 14, 04:56 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Kurt Ullman

In article >,
Lewis > wrote:

> Okay,
> Jamming cellphone signals is illegal,. The jammer also jams emergency
> vehicle communications. If that jamming caused *in any way* a person to
> die, then the person jamming the signals could be charged with first
> degree murder.

And it could very easily be a Federal charge since cell phones come
under the umbrella of the FCC
--
łStatistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital.˛
Old November 22nd 14, 05:59 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
290jkl

"Lewis" > wrote in message
> Okay, so one time? In band camp? News > was all, like:
>> On 11/21/2014 10:18 AM, Lewis wrote:
>>> Okay, so one time? In band camp? News > was all, like:

>>> What are you talking about?

>> Your "legal training"

> A death during the commission of a crime is first degree murder
> regardless of the circumstances or cause of the death.

Wrong when the death is caused by the victim of the crime defending himself.

> This is true here in Colorado, is true in California,

Fraid not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_..._United_States

> Jamming cellphone signals is illegal,. The jammer also jams emergency
> vehicle communications. If that jamming caused *in any way* a person to
> die, then the person jamming the signals could be charged with first
> degree murder.

Wrong.