Lash Caps and Swivel Feet?

Old October 16th 10, 02:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jim Ed

Default Lash Caps and Swivel Feet?

Would it cause any harm to use Lash Caps and Swivel Feet?
TIA!
Old October 16th 10, 05:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Swivel feet (Elephant Foot Lifters) are a great idea. Far less rocker arm
tip wear and internal friction. HOWEVER, do not use the type that have a
ball with a flat spot on them. THey are hard to adjust and if you over reve,
the ball can turn and change valve geometry by as much as .020 or more.

We have the elephant foot adjusters in stock. We also have valve lash
caps, but they are not really required (unless you are running very high
spring pressures.)

Jim
SR Racing
www.sracing.com
Old October 17th 10, 12:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jim Ed

On Oct 16, 8:27*am, Jim Ed > wrote:
> *Would it cause any harm to use Lash Caps and Swivel Feet?
> * TIA!

I think I will try the .080 taller than stock lash caps and forget
about the ball swivel feet adjusters.

Can a stock T-1 Engine Benefit from Swivel Feet? [email protected] VW air cooled 10 November 22nd 08 04:05 AM
Valve lash question KWW Honda 5 March 3rd 06 02:21 AM
lash caps Jon Reynolds Technology 4 March 10th 05 10:56 PM
Zero lash Cont. Rojo2G Technology 12 January 31st 05 02:59 PM
Zero lash cont. Rojo2G Technology 1 January 29th 05 04:41 PM