FS: 1990 Miata

Old January 14th 07, 10:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Karl North

Default FS: 1990 Miata

Hi Guys,
I have for sale my 1990 Cherry Red Miata. manufactured in 1989. Her black
cloth interior and cherry red exterior are in wonderful condition. She was
repainted about eight months ago to touch up the usual faded paint /
oxidation. Her new tires, chrome wheels, struts & shocks, and poly bushings
all have approximately 600 miles on them. The engine and tranny were rebuilt
approximately 7,200 miles ago. She's quick and VERY dependable.

But I have a '01 LS and a new 2007 PRHT and very limited driveway space - So
Lil Red's gotta go.

She's located in SW Louisiana

I'm asking $3,500.00 and I'm open to REASONABLE offers.

Unmunge email addy if interested in pics.

Thanks,
Karl

Old January 15th 07, 01:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Karl North

Default 1990 Miata - Updated

Hi Guys,
I have for sale my 1990 Cherry Red Miata. manufactured in 1989. Her black
cloth interior and cherry red exterior are in wonderful condition. She was
repainted about eight months ago to touch up the usual faded paint /
oxidation. Her new tires, chrome wheels, struts & shocks, and poly bushings
all have approximately 600 miles on them. The engine and tranny were rebuilt
approximately 7,200 miles ago.

She's quick and VERY dependable; however, I also have a '01 LS, a new '07
PRHT, and very limited driveway space - So
Lil Red's gotta go.

She's located in SW Louisiana

Here are pictures:

http://members.cox.net/gun-guy/mimi/driver-1-sm.jpg
http://members.cox.net/gun-guy/mimi/driver-2-sm.jpg
http://members.cox.net/gun-guy/mimi/driver-3-sm.jpg
http://members.cox.net/gun-guy/mimi/Passenger-2-sm.jpg
http://members.cox.net/gun-guy/mimi/Passenger-3-sm.jpg

http://members.cox.net/gun-guy/mimi/Passenger-1-sm.jpg - Large Pic - @1.2MB

Old January 15th 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Karl North wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I have for sale my 1990 Cherry Red Miata. manufactured in 1989. Her black
> cloth interior and cherry red exterior are in wonderful condition. She was
> repainted about eight months ago to touch up the usual faded paint /
> oxidation. Her new tires, chrome wheels, struts & shocks, and poly bushings
> all have approximately 600 miles on them. The engine and tranny were rebuilt
> approximately 7,200 miles ago.
>
> She's quick and VERY dependable; however, I also have a '01 LS, a new '07
> PRHT, and very limited driveway space - So
> Lil Red's gotta go.
>
> She's located in SW Louisiana
>
> Here are pictures:
>
> http://members.cox.net/gun-guy/mimi/driver-1-sm.jpg
> http://members.cox.net/gun-guy/mimi/driver-2-sm.jpg
> http://members.cox.net/gun-guy/mimi/driver-3-sm.jpg
> http://members.cox.net/gun-guy/mimi/Passenger-2-sm.jpg
> http://members.cox.net/gun-guy/mimi/Passenger-3-sm.jpg
>
> http://members.cox.net/gun-guy/mimi/Passenger-1-sm.jpg - Large Pic - @1.2MB
>
> I'm asking $3,500.00 and I'm open to REASONABLE offers.
>
> Unmunge email addy if interested in pics.
>
> Thanks,
> Karl

Does it have the entire bushing kit?
That looks very nice, someone is going to get a good deal, I would think
that the bushings, (installed), and the paint job add up to a decent
percentage of your asking price.

Pat
Old January 15th 07, 05:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Karl North

"pws" > wrote in message
> Karl North wrote:
>> Hi Guys,
>> I have for sale my 1990 Cherry Red Miata. manufactured in 1989. Her
>> black cloth interior and cherry red exterior are in wonderful condition.
>> She was repainted about eight months ago to touch up the usual faded
>> paint / oxidation. Her new tires, chrome wheels, struts & shocks, and
>> poly bushings all have approximately 600 miles on them. The engine and
>> tranny were rebuilt approximately 7,200 miles ago.
>>
>> She's quick and VERY dependable; however, I also have a '01 LS, a new '07
>> PRHT, and very limited driveway space - So
>> Lil Red's gotta go.
>>
>> She's located in SW Louisiana
>>
>> Here are pictures:
>>
>> http://members.cox.net/gun-guy/mimi/driver-1-sm.jpg
>> http://members.cox.net/gun-guy/mimi/driver-2-sm.jpg
>> http://members.cox.net/gun-guy/mimi/driver-3-sm.jpg
>> http://members.cox.net/gun-guy/mimi/Passenger-2-sm.jpg
>> http://members.cox.net/gun-guy/mimi/Passenger-3-sm.jpg
>>
>> http://members.cox.net/gun-guy/mimi/Passenger-1-sm.jpg - Large Pic -
>> @1.2MB
>>
>> I'm asking $3,500.00 and I'm open to REASONABLE offers.
>>
>> Unmunge email addy if interested in pics.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Karl

> Does it have the entire bushing kit?
> That looks very nice, someone is going to get a good deal, I would think
> that the bushings, (installed), and the paint job add up to a decent
> percentage of your asking price.
>
> Pat

Pat,
I'm not sure about the bushing kit. It really helped the front end and
cornering. The same shop that did the engine and tranny also did the tires /
rims, struts, bushing etc all at the same time. It was an expensive package.
I think I have well over 14k into the car, paint, upgrades, etc. :-(

She's a great car and was worth every penny.

-KN

Old January 15th 07, 05:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Karl North wrote:

> Pat,
> I'm not sure about the bushing kit. It really helped the front end and
> cornering. The same shop that did the engine and tranny also did the tires /
> rims, struts, bushing etc all at the same time. It was an expensive package.
> I think I have well over 14k into the car, paint, upgrades, etc. :-(
>
> She's a great car and was worth every penny.
>
> -KN

It is probably the entire kit, expensive to start with and very
time-consuming and tedious to install if you don't have the tools and
experience. It is easy to tell if look at your A-arms and see if the
bushings are a different color than black.

How many miles, (the rebuilt engine and tranny don't hurt either), and
does it have cold A/C?

You are not that far away from me and this looks interesting. This is
why I am not fixing the Silverstone, I could probably buy your miata for
the cost to get the Silver one running and looking decent again, then
part out the silver one for about $2K.
I don't expect your's to be for sale for very long. Do you have it
advertised on Craigslist?

Pat

Old January 15th 07, 03:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Karl North

> It is probably the entire kit, expensive to start with and very
> time-consuming and tedious to install if you don't have the tools and
> experience. It is easy to tell if look at your A-arms and see if the
> bushings are a different color than black.

They are red?

The chassis has @140k miles on it.

> You are not that far away from me and this looks interesting. This is why
> I am not fixing the Silverstone, I could probably buy your miata for the
> cost to get the Silver one running and looking decent again, then part out
> the silver one for about $2K.
> I don't expect your's to be for sale for very long. Do you have it
> advertised on Craigslist?

No, I will not advertise it on there. I normally get 50 Nigerian scam offers
a day when I list something on craigslist. It's not worth the headache of
weeding through the extra spam mail.

> Pat

Thanks for replying,
Karl

Old January 15th 07, 04:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Karl North wrote:

> They are red?

Definitely aftermarket, the stock bushings are black.
It sounds like at least your entire front end was done, I think that the
bushing kit that FM sells for $360.00+ has something like 50+ bushings
in it.
That is the kit on my car, they are blue/purple but I imagine that what
you have are similar, they are both poly.

> The chassis has @140k miles on it.

That is about 10K less than my '91 model. It sounds like the car could
go another 100K or more with no major problems since you have rebuilt
the drive line.
Maybe the rear end will go out, but that would just be an excuse to
install a torsen replacement.

> No, I will not advertise it on there. I normally get 50 Nigerian scam offers
> a day when I list something on craigslist. It's not worth the headache of
> weeding through the extra spam mail.

I use a separate yahoo account only for Craigslist sales. I have also
had a number of scam offers, but the main problem has been no-shows.

Still, I have bought and sold, (sometimes resold), a large number of
items on there and a family member used it to sell their miata without
any problems.

I do agree, however, that it can be a PITA, but the dollar price to
advertise is hard to beat, for now, until they add the inevitable fee.
The mental cost can be a bit higher.

> Thanks for replying,
> Karl

How about the A/C? That is my main reason for wanting another car. I
just about died from heatstroke last summer in my current miata, it was
brutally hot.

I might be checking within you later this week to see if you still have it.
If you happen to sell it, could you please post that here or send me an
e-mail so that I won't have to think about it anymore? :-)

Thanks!

Pat
Old January 15th 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

pws wrote:

> I might be checking within you later this week to see if you still have it.

Actually, I might check with you, not within you.
Don't worry, I won't slice you open to see what you had for lunch that
day. ;-)

Pat
Old January 15th 07, 08:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Karl North

"pws" > wrote in message
> pws wrote:
>
>> I might be checking within you later this week to see if you still have
>> it.

> Actually, I might check with you, not within you.
> Don't worry, I won't slice you open to see what you had for lunch that
> day. ;-)
>
> Pat

Pat,
The AC works great. Sorry I missed that entry in my last post. I think
the compressor was changed when they did the engine but I'm not 100% sure. I
do know they had to evacuate & recharge the system. That was a pretty penny.

And as for lunch - T-Bone Steak, Loaded Baked Potato, Corn on the Cob, and a
bottle of AmberBach.

Mmmm yes, it was a very "manly" meal. now I just want a nap.

-Karl

Old January 15th 07, 10:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Karl North wrote:

> Pat,
> The AC works great. Sorry I missed that entry in my last post. I think
> the compressor was changed when they did the engine but I'm not 100% sure. I
> do know they had to evacuate & recharge the system. That was a pretty penny.
>
> And as for lunch - T-Bone Steak, Loaded Baked Potato, Corn on the Cob, and a
> bottle of AmberBach.
>
> Mmmm yes, it was a very "manly" meal. now I just want a nap.
>
> -Karl

Heh-heh,
is this e-mail address good for private contact after I take out the
"NOSPAM"?

Also, I noticed your e-mail is "gun-guy".
You wouldn't be interested in a H&K Benelli M1 Super 90 as a partial
trade, would you? :-)

Thanks Karl,

Pat

1990 Mazda Miata without an A/C installed Trent[_1_] Mazda 13 August 26th 06 08:36 PM
1990 Miata - What's a "fair" price? Tom Mazda 13 May 11th 06 04:24 AM
1990 Miata SABRA TAGGART Mazda 3 August 23rd 05 12:11 AM
FA: 1990 miata parts + much more to come - long list, many OEM &aftermarket parts for 1.6 and 1.8 liter M1's pws Mazda 6 August 2nd 05 02:53 AM
1990 Miata refrigrant.... Crazy Banana Mazda 6 October 13th 04 04:07 PM