"My daughter had a right to be on the road that night," Innis said. "He didn't."

Old July 21st 06, 12:20 PM posted to rec.motorcycles,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.trucking,tx.guns

Default "My daughter had a right to be on the road that night," Innis said. "He didn't."

Don Gabacho wrote:
> Not-guilty plea angers crash victim's family
>
> BY STEFANIE PERVOS | STAFF WRITER
>

> When Javier Rico pleaded not guilty last week to 11 felony charges
> stemming from a crash that killed a Hoffman Estates woman, the victim's
> family was outraged.
>
> "I don't feel the laws are strong enough," said Sandy Innis of Lake in
> the Hills, whose 28-year-old daughter Patricia Henneken was killed in
> the crash. "The most he can get is 14 years for the death of my
> daughter. Her life was only worth that?"
>
> Police say Rico, 25, of 6370 East Ave., Hanover Park, was driving over
> 100 miles per hour at 1:30 p.m. May 29 when his Chevrolet Astro Van
> struck Henneken's vehicle at Barrington and Golf roads in Hoffman
> Estates. Henneken was pronounced dead on the scene.
>
> Rico was briefly hospitalized at Alexian Brothers Medical Center, but
> had no serious injuries. Hoffman Estates police say they found several
> open cans of beer in his van and discovered that Rico had a previous
> DUI history. They charged Rico with driving drunk and reckless
> homicide. Rico was later indicted on a total of 11 counts including two
> counts of aggravated driving under the influence resulting in
> accidental death, one count of reckless homicide, four counts of
> driving with a suspended license, two counts of driving without a valid
> license and two counts of driving without valid insurance.
>
> Rico did not have an attorney present at his July 13 arraignment at the
> Rolling Meadows Courthouse, so public defender Barry Lloyd was
> appointed to the case. Lloyd had no comment on the status of his client
> or the case. The defense filed a motion for discovery. Both sides will
> reconvene for a status date Aug. 7.
>
> One of the assistant state's attorneys on this case, Mike Andre,
> comforted Henneken's family outside the courtroom after the July 13
> arraignment.
>
> "We will fight like we do for every victim of a terrible crime's
> family," Andre said.
>
> Innis carries a photo of her daughter at her wedding just a year and a
> half earlier. Henneken's son, Andrew, 8, now lives with his biological
> father in Plainfield and can only see his grandmother once a month.
>
> Innis is especially critical of Rico's alien status. Assistant State's
> Attorney Lynn Palac confirmed that Rico has no documentation proving
> his legal citizenship in the United States.
>
> Innis wonders why as an illegal alien, Rico was not sent out of the
> country. She said she was told by an aide in U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin's
> office that it is too costly to send illegal aliens back to their
> countries.
>
> "My daughter had a right to be on the road that night," Innis said. "He
> didn't."

So the Senator says it's too expensive to send illegals back to their
countries. **** the Senator, President Bush, and the rest of the
Washington, DC scumbags.

Arch

http://www.deportaliens.com/ Deport Aliens

Old July 21st 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.motorcycles,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.trucking,tx.guns
Candace

"laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE" > wrote in message
news
> I trust you know the story of laura
> bush who ran stop sign and killed a guy in front of witnesses and was
> never charged with anything. But nobody holds it against her and the
> press won't even ask her about it!!!!!! Hey - it was an accident.

Do you hold the same outrage at the woman who ran a stopsign and nearly
killed my spouse?

She was never charged either. Her hubby had "connections".

Or does it just bother you when the first lady does it?

Old July 21st 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.motorcycles,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.trucking,tx.guns
necromancer[_1_]

> Candace said in rec.autos.driving:
> Do you hold the same outrage at the woman who ran a stopsign and nearly
> killed my spouse?
>
> She was never charged either. Her hubby had "connections".

Was her "hubby," a Kennedy, by chance?

> Or does it just bother you when the first lady does it?

Only when its a republican. Loco Laura takes a totally different stance
to "vehicular homicide," and coddles criminals with the best of them if
the killer is a democrat.

--
Aunt Judy defends a known *drunk driver*:

"Almost all vehicle 'accidents' are due to driver
recklessness but the Chappaquidick incident is one
instance where it may really have been no ones
fault except the idiot who built the bridge."
--"Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend," 11/10/2005
Ref: http://tinyurl.com/9jtjt
Msg ID:
Old July 22nd 06, 03:30 AM posted to rec.motorcycles,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.trucking,tx.guns
DTJ

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 14:38:51 -0400, "Candace" > wrote:

>"laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE" > wrote in message
>news >
>> I trust you know the story of laura
>> bush who ran stop sign and killed a guy in front of witnesses and was
>> never charged with anything. But nobody holds it against her and the
>> press won't even ask her about it!!!!!! Hey - it was an accident.

>Do you hold the same outrage at the woman who ran a stopsign and nearly
>killed my spouse?
>
>She was never charged either. Her hubby had "connections".
>
>Or does it just bother you when the first lady does it?

The First Lady did not do ****. A 17-year old girl who did not even
know the Bush family accidentally ran a stop sign.
Old July 22nd 06, 07:50 AM posted to rec.motorcycles,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.trucking,tx.guns
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 14:38:51 -0400, "Candace" > wrote:

>"laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE" > wrote in message
>news >
>> I trust you know the story of laura
>> bush who ran stop sign and killed a guy in front of witnesses and was
>> never charged with anything. But nobody holds it against her and the
>> press won't even ask her about it!!!!!! Hey - it was an accident.

>Do you hold the same outrage at the woman who ran a stopsign and nearly
>killed my spouse?
>
>She was never charged either. Her hubby had "connections".
>
>Or does it just bother you when the first lady does it?

Nearly killed?? Of course that's not as bad as actually killing
someone like laura did. Was your spouse hurt bad?. If so then he or
she should have done something about it since the "law" was bought
off.
Old July 22nd 06, 09:27 AM posted to rec.motorcycles,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.trucking,tx.guns
Ted Mittelstaedt

"DTJ" > wrote in message

> The First Lady did not do ****. A 17-year old girl who did not even
> know the Bush family accidentally ran a stop sign.

Absolute bullcrap, the first lady did indeed kill someone by
running a stop sign.

Read it he

http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/laura.asp

It is, in fact, somewhat difficult to understand why she was
not charged since she did blow through the stop sign. But,
that was in 1963. These days she would have got
charged with vehicular manslaughter and it would have got
plea-bargained down to reckless driving and she would have
probably got 5-10 years of probation and an enormous amount
of community service.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when Laura Bush
was talking to her daughters right before they got their first
drivers licenses.

Ted

Old July 22nd 06, 11:51 AM posted to rec.motorcycles,rec.autos.sport.nascar,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.trucking,tx.guns
Popeye

"Ted Mittelstaedt" > wrote in message

> "DTJ" > wrote in message
>
>> The First Lady did not do ****. A 17-year old girl who did not even
>> know the Bush family accidentally ran a stop sign.

> Absolute bullcrap, the first lady did indeed kill someone by
> running a stop sign.

Re-read for context, without your gossipy Bush hatred.

THE FIRST LADY WASN'T THE FIRST LADY WHEN SHE WAS 17, duh.

A 17 year old girl, that the Bush family didn't even know, ran a stop
sign, and accidentally killed someone.

--
Popeye
"Best thing for him, really, his therapy was

www.finalprotectivefire.com

Old July 22nd 06, 02:02 PM posted to rec.motorcycles,rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.trucking,tx.guns
Scott

"Ted Mittelstaedt" > wrote in message

> "DTJ" > wrote in message
>
>> The First Lady did not do ****. A 17-year old girl who did not even
>> know the Bush family accidentally ran a stop sign.

> Absolute bullcrap, the first lady did indeed kill someone by
> running a stop sign.
>
> Read it he
>
> http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/laura.asp
>
> It is, in fact, somewhat difficult to understand why she was
> not charged since she did blow through the stop sign. But,
> that was in 1963. These days she would have got
> charged with vehicular manslaughter and it would have got
> plea-bargained down to reckless driving and she would have
> probably got 5-10 years of probation and an enormous amount
> of community service.
>
> I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when Laura Bush
> was talking to her daughters right before they got their first
> drivers licenses.
>
> Ted

Kind of reminds me of a little place called Chappaquiddick and a fella name
Teddy.