10Amp relay on Drivers side 1990 miata

Old July 31st 11, 04:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Mac[_2_]

Default 10Amp relay on Drivers side 1990 miata

What is the 10amp relay on the drivers side of the car next to the
sidewall for? It is behind the access cover with a another relay.
1990 Miata.
thanks.

Old July 31st 11, 08:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
charlie

On 7/31/2011 11:03 AM, Mac wrote:
> What is the 10amp relay on the drivers side of the car next to the
> sidewall for? It is behind the access cover with a another relay.
> 1990 Miata.
> thanks.

Not having a 90, and not seeing the panel, what does not work when you
unplug the relay?
Fuel pump ?
A/C?
Interior lighting and accessories?
Etc.
Old July 31st 11, 09:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Jeroen Feelders[_2_]

The relay closest to the bulkhead is the Retractor Relay, the other the
TNS Relay. The Retractor Relay feeds the headlight-motors, the TNS Relay
feeds the ECU, Taillights, Panel lamps and audio.

Jeroen Feelders
Technical Commissioner
Mazda MX5 Club o.t. Netherlands

Old August 1st 11, 12:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Mac > wrote:

> What is the 10amp relay on the drivers side of the car next to the
> sidewall for? It is behind the access cover with a another relay.
> 1990 Miata.
> thanks.

See if this helps:
http://neomiata.com/garage/index.php...ring+Diagrams/

Even if not, download and SAVE somewhere, sooner or later you'll need them!

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old August 3rd 11, 11:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Mac[_2_]

Thanks for all the information. Looks to be the headlight retractor
relay.

Old August 7th 11, 11:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
KWS[_2_]

On 7/31/2011 8:03 AM, Mac wrote:
> What is the 10amp relay on the drivers side of the car next to the
> sidewall for? It is behind the access cover with a another relay.
> 1990 Miata.
> thanks.

There are three relays behind the cover:

The one behind the two (and closest to the fender) is the headlight relay

Of the two closest to the clutch master cylinder, the one towards the
front of the car is the TNS relay. I don't know what "TNS" means but
this relay controls the ECU, tail lights, panel lights and audio.

The other relay, closest to the clutch master cylinder and closest to
the firewall is the headlight retractor relay.

Hope this helps,

Ken