How to **** Off an Arrogant Pedalcyclist

Old May 15th 05, 12:56 AM
WeatherGuy

Default How to **** Off an Arrogant Pedalcyclist

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> My wife and I went for a walk this afternoon. The sidewalk was very
> narrow - only wide enough for my wife and I to walk side by side. As
> we walked, our son (who is away at college) called, so she took the
> call and was talking to him, not really paying attention to what was
> ahead. Presently, an older gentleman riding a bicycle approached from
> ahead of us. When he saw that my wife wasn't paying attention (and
> thus was not going to step aside to let him ride past) he came to a
> stop, then stood there glaring at us. As we passed by, he very
> petulantly began to ring his little thumb-bell repeatedly, as if to
> express his outrage that we didn't get out of his way. I turned to him
> and said "use the bike lane, ****head." Then we walked on, shaking our
> heads in disbelief.
>
> Why do supposedly mature adults think it's OK to ride their bikes on
> the sidewalk? Here's another couple we saw today on our walk:
>
> http://tinypic.com/539poy
>
> There's a perfectly good bike lane (or shoulder, as Brent likes to
> call them) not five feet from these lard-asses, yet they feel the need
> to endanger pedestrians on the sidewalk. Why?!?!?!?
>
> People like these give good, courteous, law-abiding pedalcyclists a
> bad name.
>
> --
> Life is short - drive fast!
> http://www.geocities.com/scottenaztlan/

This behaviour by the cyclist was unacceptable. The "****head" was
unacceptable as well. There are times when it is necessary for safety
reasons to ride on a sidewalk (although perhaps not in this case). At all
times, the cyclist should not endanger the pedestrians, the pedestrians
should acknowledge the need to share the sidewalk and both cyclist and
pedestrians should be polite to each other.

Old May 15th 05, 01:34 AM
di

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message >
> Why do supposedly mature adults think it's OK to ride their bikes on
> the sidewalk? Here's another couple we saw today on our walk:
>
> http://tinypic.com/539poy
>
> There's a perfectly good bike lane (or shoulder, as Brent likes to
> call them) not five feet from these lard-asses, yet they feel the need
> to endanger pedestrians on the sidewalk. Why?!?!?!?
>
> People like these give good, courteous, law-abiding pedalcyclists a
> bad name.
>
> --
> Life is short - drive fast!
> http://www.geocities.com/scottenaztlan/

Your website says it all, you are the asshole, everyone is supposed to
behave as you think they should.

Old May 15th 05, 01:41 AM
Joe Canuck

Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> My wife and I went for a walk this afternoon. The sidewalk was very
> narrow - only wide enough for my wife and I to walk side by side. As

Would you have moved into single file had you met another pedestrian?
....or would you have insisted on staying side by each?

....now be honest.

I don't think you would have. More on this later.

> we walked, our son (who is away at college) called, so she took the
> call and was talking to him, not really paying attention to what was
> ahead. Presently, an older gentleman riding a bicycle approached from
> ahead of us. When he saw that my wife wasn't paying attention (and
> thus was not going to step aside to let him ride past) he came to a
> stop, then stood there glaring at us. As we passed by, he very
> petulantly began to ring his little thumb-bell repeatedly, as if to
> express his outrage that we didn't get out of his way. I turned to him
> and said "use the bike lane, ****head." Then we walked on, shaking our
> heads in disbelief.
>
> Why do supposedly mature adults think it's OK to ride their bikes on
> the sidewalk? Here's another couple we saw today on our walk:
>
> http://tinypic.com/539poy

Wow, the sidewalk looks very crowded.

I can almost hear the pedestrians crying out in fear.

Granted, the street is not very busy either.

> There's a perfectly good bike lane (or shoulder, as Brent likes to
> call them) not five feet from these lard-asses, yet they feel the need
> to endanger pedestrians on the sidewalk. Why?!?!?!?
>
> People like these give good, courteous, law-abiding pedalcyclists a
> bad name.

You were not exactly courteous with your "****head" and "lard-asses"
comments or refusal to share the sidewalk.

Sounds to me like you and your wife started off the walk in a cranky
mood and returned home in the same state with some photographic
"evidence" to support your collective bad moods and attitudes.

Like, give me a break ok, just because one is on the phone doesn't mean
their eyes stop working. I'm sure a pedestrian would have been equally
****ed-off when your wife would not make room to let them by on the
sidewalk as well.

Old May 15th 05, 01:42 AM
Arif Khokar

WeatherGuy wrote:

> There are times when it is necessary for safety
> reasons to ride on a sidewalk

Bull****. If you want to ride, stay on the road with other traffic. If
you want to use the sidewalk, then you can *walk* with your bicycle.
Only idiot adults ride on the sidewalk.
Old May 15th 05, 01:42 AM
Harry K

WeatherGuy wrote:
> "Scott en Aztl=E1n" > wrote in message
> > My wife and I went for a walk this afternoon. The sidewalk was very
> > narrow - only wide enough for my wife and I to walk side by side.

As
> > we walked, our son (who is away at college) called, so she took the
> > call and was talking to him, not really paying attention to what

was
> > ahead. Presently, an older gentleman riding a bicycle approached

from
> > ahead of us. When he saw that my wife wasn't paying attention (and
> > thus was not going to step aside to let him ride past) he came to a
> > stop, then stood there glaring at us. As we passed by, he very
> > petulantly began to ring his little thumb-bell repeatedly, as if to
> > express his outrage that we didn't get out of his way. I turned to

him
> > and said "use the bike lane, ****head." Then we walked on, shaking

our
> > heads in disbelief.
> >
> > Why do supposedly mature adults think it's OK to ride their bikes

on
> > the sidewalk? Here's another couple we saw today on our walk:
> >
> > http://tinypic.com/539poy
> >
> > There's a perfectly good bike lane (or shoulder, as Brent likes to
> > call them) not five feet from these lard-asses, yet they feel the

need
> > to endanger pedestrians on the sidewalk. Why?!?!?!?
> >
> > People like these give good, courteous, law-abiding pedalcyclists a
> > bad name.
> >
> > --
> > Life is short - drive fast!
> > http://www.geocities.com/scottenaztlan/

> This behaviour by the cyclist was unacceptable. The "****head" was
> unacceptable as well. There are times when it is necessary for safety

> reasons to ride on a sidewalk (although perhaps not in this case). At

all
> times, the cyclist should not endanger the pedestrians, the

pedestrians
> should acknowledge the need to share the sidewalk and both cyclist

and
> pedestrians should be polite to each other.

The cyclist needs to recognize "right of way". On a sidewalk the
pedestrian has it. It is the cyclist who needs to give way, dismount
or whatever.

Harry K

Old May 15th 05, 01:47 AM
Joe Canuck

di wrote:

> "Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message >
>
>>Why do supposedly mature adults think it's OK to ride their bikes on
>>the sidewalk? Here's another couple we saw today on our walk:
>>
>>http://tinypic.com/539poy
>>
>>There's a perfectly good bike lane (or shoulder, as Brent likes to
>>call them) not five feet from these lard-asses, yet they feel the need
>>to endanger pedestrians on the sidewalk. Why?!?!?!?
>>
>>People like these give good, courteous, law-abiding pedalcyclists a
>>bad name.
>>
>>--
>>Life is short - drive fast!
>>http://www.geocities.com/scottenaztlan/

> Your website says it all, you are the asshole, everyone is supposed to
> behave as you think they should.

Wow, I missed that on my first pass of his post.

Ok, so we now know why he carries the camera... to collect "evidence" to
support his hate-on website.

Old May 15th 05, 02:02 AM
Joe Canuck

Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> My wife and I went for a walk this afternoon. The sidewalk was very

How to ****-off Scottie...

I used to own a computer manufacturing business that offered customers
mail-in rebates on our products. Most customers never bothered to mail
them in, and when they did the requirements for the rebate were not
furfilled. We would always wait until after the rebate deadline before
sending the customer a letter informing them they had not met the rebate
requirements and that it didn't matter anymore as it was past the deadline.

One day I was driving around town in my slow moving vintage Cadillac
when it was rear-ended by some fast moving vehicle. I suffered numerous
injuries and have been off work ever since. I developed a serious
drinking problem that I have been using my credit cards to support. Now
I drive, when not drinking of course, even slower than I did before.
When the SOB fast drivers come up behind my vehicle honking their horns
I usually slow down by 10 mph. In some cases I'm already going 10 mph or
less, so we end up stopped. Of course, the passing lane is free but the
idiot fast driver is still behind me, STOPPED, expected me to move my
STOPPED vehicle over so he/she can pass. Go figure.

Well anyways, my credit cards are getting maxed out so I have declared
bankrupcy to clear the debts out so I can start over again. Scott's town
looks like a nice place to live. I may move there and pedal around town
on the sidewalks... slowly of course. Don't mind me if I don't move over
for the pedestrians on the sidewalks, that happens when I am on the cell
phone and not paying any attention to where I am going or standing. I
seem to have an out-of-body experience when I am on the cell phone for
some reason. Odd how it is, that the credit card companies always call
me when I am on the bike to offer me more credit cards.

Hey, my shiny new credit card arrived in the mail. Wowa, lookit that
credit limit. Ok, I'm heading out to the Cadillac dealership to get me a
new slo-boat.

Bye!

Old May 15th 05, 02:26 AM
Marty

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> My wife and I went for a walk this afternoon. The sidewalk was very
> narrow - only wide enough for my wife and I to walk side by side. As
> we walked, our son (who is away at college) called, so she took the
> call and was talking to him, not really paying attention to what was
> ahead. Presently, an older gentleman riding a bicycle approached from
> ahead of us. When he saw that my wife wasn't paying attention (and
> thus was not going to step aside to let him ride past) he came to a
> stop, then stood there glaring at us. As we passed by, he very
> petulantly began to ring his little thumb-bell repeatedly, as if to
> express his outrage that we didn't get out of his way. I turned to him
> and said "use the bike lane, ****head." Then we walked on, shaking our
> heads in disbelief.
>
> Why do supposedly mature adults think it's OK to ride their bikes on
> the sidewalk? Here's another couple we saw today on our walk:
>
> http://tinypic.com/539poy
>
> There's a perfectly good bike lane (or shoulder, as Brent likes to
> call them) not five feet from these lard-asses, yet they feel the need
> to endanger pedestrians on the sidewalk. Why?!?!?!?
>
> People like these give good, courteous, law-abiding pedalcyclists a
> bad name.

Humans are inherently fallible (except for the pope of course) so you
can't expect perfect behaviour, you just have to factor silliness and
stupidity into your expectations of people. Getting upset all the time
is no good for you and won't change what they do.

Marty
Old May 15th 05, 03:29 AM
Zoot Katz

Sat, 14 May 2005 16:15:55 -0700,
>, Your troll,
Scott en Aztlán > wandered:

>http://tinypic.com/539poy
>
>There's a perfectly good bike lane (or shoulder, as Brent likes to
>call them) not five feet from these lard-asses, yet they feel the need
>to endanger pedestrians on the sidewalk. Why?!?!?!?

What fuken pedestrians?
Spineless as you are, you're incapable of walking upright.

That sidewalk is totally devoid of pedestrians. It's sprawl writ
large. It's made for cars. It's DEAD! Look at the scale. Humans aren't
welcome there. There's nowhere to walk TO. It sucks.
You and your stunned wife should both move.
--
zk
Old May 15th 05, 03:53 AM
AZ Nomad

On Sat, 14 May 2005 19:34:22 -0500, di > wrote:

>"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message >
>> Why do supposedly mature adults think it's OK to ride their bikes on
>> the sidewalk? Here's another couple we saw today on our walk:
>>
>> http://tinypic.com/539poy
>>
>> There's a perfectly good bike lane (or shoulder, as Brent likes to
>> call them) not five feet from these lard-asses, yet they feel the need
>> to endanger pedestrians on the sidewalk. Why?!?!?!?
>>
>> People like these give good, courteous, law-abiding pedalcyclists a
>> bad name.
>>
>> --
>> Life is short - drive fast!
>> http://www.geocities.com/scottenaztlan/

>Your website says it all, you are the asshole, everyone is supposed to
>behave as you think they should.

hello pot.
meet kettle.