gas over $4 is here! is $5 gas far behind ?

Old May 14th 07, 05:50 AM posted to alt.california,ca.politics,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Bill Bonde ( 'Hi ho' )

Default gas over $4 is here! is $5 gas far behind ?

Brent P wrote:

> In article >, Jeffrey Turner wrote:
> > Eeyore wrote:

> >> You people haven't a clue what high gas prices are !
> >>
> >> You want to pay less ? Drive a car with better mileage.

> > Idiot Reagan supporters backed gutting the CAFE standards.

> CAFE could only be a failure. CAFE was an attempt to tell US car buyers
> what they had to buy. This doesn't work out well, ever.
>
> CAFE is something supported ultimately by people who want government to make
> decisions for them. There has always been a choice to buy cars with
> better fuel economy.

The obvious answer is higher gasoline prices which encourage people to
seek out vehicles that get better mileage.

--
"There are some gals who don't like to be pushed and grabbed and lassoed
and drug into buses in the middle of the night."
Old May 14th 07, 07:43 AM posted to alt.california,ca.politics,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Eeyore

Jeffrey Turner wrote:

> Eeyore wrote:
> > AirRaid wrote:
> >
> >>http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/9...dollarstp5.jpg
> >>
> >>High gas prices

> > You people haven't a clue what high gas prices are !
> >
> > You want to pay less ? Drive a car with better mileage.

> Idiot Reagan supporters backed gutting the CAFE standards.

Next, they'll be claiming that 'Big Oil' prevents the manufacture of
fuel-efficient cars in the US.

Oh ! They did that already.

Graham

Old May 14th 07, 07:44 AM posted to alt.california,ca.politics,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Eeyore

Brent P wrote:

> In article >, Jeffrey Turner wrote:
> > Eeyore wrote:

> >> You people haven't a clue what high gas prices are !
> >>
> >> You want to pay less ? Drive a car with better mileage.

> > Idiot Reagan supporters backed gutting the CAFE standards.

> CAFE could only be a failure. CAFE was an attempt to tell US car buyers
> what they had to buy. This doesn't work out well, ever.
>
> CAFE is something supported ultimately by people who want government to make
> decisions for them. There has always been a choice to buy cars with
> better fuel economy.

Do turkeys vote for Christmas too ?

Graham

Old May 14th 07, 07:46 AM posted to alt.california,ca.politics,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Eeyore

"Bill Bonde ( 'Hi ho' )" wrote:

> Brent P wrote:
> >Jeffrey Turner wrote:

> > > Idiot Reagan supporters backed gutting the CAFE standards.

> > CAFE could only be a failure. CAFE was an attempt to tell US car buyers
> > what they had to buy. This doesn't work out well, ever.
> >
> > CAFE is something supported ultimately by people who want government to > make

> decisions for them. There has always been a choice to buy cars with
> > better fuel economy.

> The obvious answer is higher gasoline prices which encourage people to
> seek out vehicles that get better mileage.

It certainly works in Europe.

Graham

Old May 14th 07, 03:09 PM posted to alt.california,ca.politics,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Bill Bonde ( 'Hi ho' )

Eeyore wrote:

> "Bill Bonde ( 'Hi ho' )" wrote:
>
> > Brent P wrote:

> > > CAFE could only be a failure. CAFE was an attempt to tell US car buyers
> > > what they had to buy. This doesn't work out well, ever.
> > >
> > > CAFE is something supported ultimately by people who want government to > make

> > decisions for them. There has always been a choice to buy cars with
> > > better fuel economy.

> > The obvious answer is higher gasoline prices which encourage people to
> > seek out vehicles that get better mileage.

> It certainly works in Europe.

It's the very same people who complain that Americans are using too much
carbon fuels that are complaining now about high gas prices. It's
ridiculous.

Old May 14th 07, 03:13 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
John Mayson

Brent P wrote:
> CAFE could only be a failure. CAFE was an attempt to tell US car buyers
> what they had to buy. This doesn't work out well, ever.

I thought it was telling car makers what they could sell. :-) Or
rather give them incentive to get their average mileage up.

> CAFE is something supported ultimately by people who want government to make
> decisions for them. There has always been a choice to buy cars with
> better fuel economy.

I think it'll be a self-correcting issue. As gas prices rise, consumers
will demand more fuel-efficient cars.

John

--
John Mayson >
Austin, Texas, USA
Old May 14th 07, 03:33 PM posted to alt.california,ca.politics,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
grinder

"Eeyore" > wrote in message

> AirRaid wrote:
>
>> http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/9...dollarstp5.jpg
>>
>> High gas prices

> You people haven't a clue what high gas prices are !
>
> You want to pay less ? Drive a car with better mileage.
>
> Graham

Tell it to the truckers who transport goods I purchase.

Old May 14th 07, 04:20 PM posted to alt.california,ca.politics,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Bill Bonde ( 'Hi ho' )

grinder wrote:

> "Eeyore" > wrote in message
> >

> > AirRaid wrote:
> >
> >> http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/9...dollarstp5.jpg
> >>
> >> High gas prices

> > You people haven't a clue what high gas prices are !
> >
> > You want to pay less ? Drive a car with better mileage.
> >

> Tell it to the truckers who transport goods I purchase.

There are trains which are five times more energy efficient just
considering metal rolling on metal rails compared to rubber rolling on
asphalt or concrete. Perhaps the higher costs of energy will mean a
rejuvenation of rail freight.

Old May 14th 07, 04:31 PM posted to alt.california,ca.politics,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
hc23hc

jcr > wrote:
> > From: hc23hc

> > Billions of Dollars in windfall profits every
> > week. That money is leaving the economy, as far as civilians are
> > concerned.
> >

> So where are the oil companies sending the money? To the moon?

Might as well be, as far as you're concerned. Thanks for the big
snip. If you'd read it first, I wouldn't need to explain this to
you. In fact, I'm not going to again, unless you pay in advance at
the pump.

Better than buying gas, though...

> The money is going to the owners, those who own shares of stock. Which
> means the money does return to the economy in terns of earnings.

No it isn't. None of it returns. It follows the same preferential
trails to the outer limits of the national economy, then evaporates
into subsidy form for the super-rich and so exits the gravitaitonal
pull of earthly money systems, to all intents and purposes. The
boardroom cast-members' problems are not the same as those of common,
ordinary stock-holders, nor those of automobilists.

Their profits are meteoric and monopolistically obtained. How they
behave once they have your money has nothing in common with mom-and-
pop business life.

..
..
..

Old May 14th 07, 04:34 PM posted to alt.california,ca.politics,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Rudy Canoza[_1_]

mackerel-crotch, ZERO-achieving leftist whiner, lied:

You don't know what the **** you're talking about, as
always. He was right to snip the bull****.

>> The money is going to the owners, those who own shares of stock. Which
>> means the money does return to the economy in terns of earnings.

> No it isn't. None of it returns. [snip benighted ignorance of economics and markets]

Yes, it does return. You don't know what the ****
you're talking about.