Hitch receiver for '01 and '02 300M

Old September 25th 17, 09:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Percival P. Cassidy[_2_]

Default Hitch receiver for '01 and '02 300M

Should the hitch receiver from a 2001 300M fit a (very late*) 2002 300M?
(I see the hitch receiver in the online photo of an '02 model at a
nearby wrecking yard.)

*Specified because at least once previously I found that mine needed the
'03 part rather than the '02 part.

Perce
Old September 25th 17, 09:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Percival P. Cassidy[_2_]

> Should the hitch receiver from a 2001 300M fit a (very late*) 2002 300M?
> (I see the hitch receiver in the online photo of an '02 model at a
> nearby wrecking yard.)

Correction: The photo is of an '01 model, of course.

Old September 26th 17, 04:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Percival P. Cassidy[_2_]

>> Should the hitch receiver from a 2001 300M fit a (very late*) 2002
>> 300M? (I see the hitch receiver in the online photo of an '02 model at
>> a nearby wrecking yard.)

> Correction: The photo is of an '01 model, of course.
>
>> *Specified because at least once previously I found that mine needed
>> the '03 part rather than the '02 part.

It now occurs to me that, having read the installation instructions for
common hitch receivers, installation would have involved fishing
specially-designed bolts and reinforcing plates through access holes --
and the fishing wires are no longer going to be in place.

I think that trying to reclaim a hitch receiver will be a lost cause.
Moreover, who knows how rusted the nuts and bolts on the "donor" vehicle
will be?

Perce