The Positive Side of Sloth

Old December 15th 05, 11:31 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default The Positive Side of Sloth

Ed White wrote:
> Please refence these studies.
>
> Ed

The two classic ones are the ones published by David Solomon and Julie
Cirillo. I don't think either is available on the web, but while
googling I did find the transcript of fairly recent testimony by Ms.
Cirillo.

http://www.ooida.com/straight_talk/C..._Testimony.htm

nate

Old December 16th 05, 01:47 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Around 12/15/2005 8:07 AM, Aunt Judy (Pride of Diarrhea)
<http://tinyurl.com/65nqz> wrote [and I corrected]:

> Scott en Aztlán wrote:
>
>>I have to admit, Sloths aren't ALL bad.
>>

> If we all drove the SL or less highway deaths would

[either stay at the same rate or slightly increase]

> and at

[unthinkable and unknowable]

> cost. In fact it would

[cost]

> billions of $ every month

[in lost productivity alone.]

It fits the facts much better with my corrections, don't you think?

--
~/Garth
"I am patient with stupidity
Old December 16th 05, 10:23 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article >, newsgroup says:

>... Sloth was a little slow on the uptake (aren't they all?) and gave me a
>perfect opportunity. I turned on my left turn signal, changed lanes in
>front of the still-stagnant Sloth, and proceeded to make the left turn
>I had wanted to make originally.

Did that just today here in San Diego.

-Kenny

--
Kenneth R. Crudup Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Los Angeles
H: 3630 S. Sepulveda Blvd. #138, L.A., CA 90034-6809 (310) 391-1898
Old December 16th 05, 06:33 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article >, newsgroup says:

>Ah, nothing like a four hour commute twice a day, eh, Kenny?

I don't know why I bother talking to you anymore, but you ever heard of
*hotels*?!

-Kenny, who has never needed more than 2hrs to get down here, though

Old December 17th 05, 03:53 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

> -Kenny, who has never needed more than 2hrs to get down here, though

You write software and you still have to drive to work? 4 hours a day, no
less?

What kind of backwoods state is California anyway? Haven't you gotten cable
modems yet?

Old December 17th 05, 10:22 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

>> -Kenny, who has never needed more than 2hrs to get down here, though

In article >, newsgroup says:

>You obviously never tried on a Friday evening.

Nah. I tend to go down on Tuesday afternoons, and come back on Friday
nights after 8PM. I usually leave out of the OC from my GF's place,
which means it's usually a little more than an hour door-to-door. The
'5 South of the populated area of the OC is almost all 100MPH (in the
nearly-empty right lane, 'cause the rest of the Californians are all
riding mostly as left as they can go).

-Kenny

Old December 17th 05, 10:24 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article >,
"JohnH" > says:

>You write software and you still have to drive to work?

.... and if the hardware it goes on is at the client's?

>4 hours a day, no less?

<sigh>

(I swear ...)

I'd put something sarcastic here, but just see my reply to Scott.

-Kenny