Cost estimate to repaint an Accord?

Old February 17th 05, 11:50 AM
Zelk

Default Cost estimate to repaint an Accord?

I'm considering getting my old Accord (granite green) repainted. It is
showing its age with dings, scrapes and scratches on the doors and bumpers
to name a few. Would it be worthwhile to get it repainted in the original
color and how much should I expect to fork over?

Old February 17th 05, 10:53 PM
SoCalMike

Zelk wrote:
> I'm considering getting my old Accord (granite green) repainted. It is
> showing its age with dings, scrapes and scratches on the doors and bumpers
> to name a few. Would it be worthwhile to get it repainted in the original
> color and how much should I expect to fork over?

anything under $1000 is likely to be a crappy job. unless..

i had decent success with a $400 maaco job on an '81 rabbit, but i
stripped all the trim. handles, lights and bumpers off, and did all the
prep myself. including pre-masking non-removable parts. they basically
had to cover the windows, and just shoot the primer and color coats.
Old February 18th 05, 04:55 AM
Zelk

"SoCalMike" > wrote in message
> anything under $1000 is likely to be a crappy job. unless..
>
> i had decent success with a $400 maaco job on an '81 rabbit, but i
> stripped all the trim. handles, lights and bumpers off, and did all the
> prep myself. including pre-masking non-removable parts. they basically
> had to cover the windows, and just shoot the primer and color coats.

Thanks. I figured about as much. I was considering some body shops that
work on Hondas a lot.