Turn Signals On 1999.5 Jetta TDI

Old January 8th 07, 12:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
David

Default Turn Signals On 1999.5 Jetta TDI

I have a 1999.5 "New" Jetta TDI and the turn signals aren't working. I
move the indicator lever and the green arrow comes on but doesn't
blink. Is this as simple as replacing a fuse or bulb, or does this
mean I need to have the indicator mechanisim replaced?

Thanks

David

Old January 8th 07, 02:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Alec

"David" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I have a 1999.5 "New" Jetta TDI and the turn signals aren't working. I
> move the indicator lever and the green arrow comes on but doesn't
> blink. Is this as simple as replacing a fuse or bulb, or does this
> mean I need to have the indicator mechanisim replaced?

Its probably the Hazard Warning assy.
Easy plug and play change.
Rgds
Alec

Old January 9th 07, 05:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
David

Alec wrote:
> "David" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >I have a 1999.5 "New" Jetta TDI and the turn signals aren't working. I
> > move the indicator lever and the green arrow comes on but doesn't
> > blink. Is this as simple as replacing a fuse or bulb, or does this
> > mean I need to have the indicator mechanisim replaced?

> Its probably the Hazard Warning assy.
> Easy plug and play change.
> Rgds
> Alec

Alec:

Thanks for th insight. How would I go about changing it?

Thanks

David