C2 ignition kill switch?

Old July 1st 05, 12:12 AM
lib

Default C2 ignition kill switch?

What is the current wisdom on the prefered placement of an ignition kill
switch in the electrical system. Is it better to kill one side of the coil,
or starter, etc. to prevent an easy hot wire of the ignition switch.
Obviously, the switch itself will be secreted. Thanx- Lib

Old July 1st 05, 06:54 AM
Tom in Missouri

What the serious do is place a switch in there to short the points to
ground. This way you can hot wire all you want on the coil and distributor
but it won't start.

The quick and dirty alarm can use a double pole switch there, one side
shorting the points, the other side activating a couple of mercury switches
to horns/sirens so that if someone jacks it or grabs it with a wrecker, it
goes off.

The reality is that anyone who wants it will come by with a flatbed and off
it goes, horns blaring or whatever.

Just remember, there are no ballistics test for shot, only bullets.

. ..

Old July 1st 05, 01:41 PM
dave

A kill switch should stop the amatuer thief.

Since i have an electric fuel pump , i have a micro toggle switch
hidden very well inside, that interrupts the circuit when thrown.

Old July 1st 05, 02:58 PM
dave is a friggin idiot

Is that to stop any kids you molested from getting back at you by
ripping off your little "Hot Wheels", dave?

Old July 2nd 05, 07:36 AM
Tom in Missouri

I really don't care what the story is with Dave, but I know this, on this
group he stays on topic. He may be right or wrong on the question, but he
is on topic which is more than you guys are.

You want to harass him for whatever, do it on your dime and not mine.

Old July 2nd 05, 04:42 PM
dave is a friggin idiot

You must be new here

Dave has preached his creationist fundamentalist crap in this and
trolled in many other newsgroups under any of many of his webtv names
that long ago, I swore that I would NEVER stop harassing him

His reasoning for being a ****head was thus: "I pay my $24.95 to webtv
each month so I can do and say anything I want to anywhere under as
many names as I care to use, so there!!!"

So I do apologize to the members on this vet group, but it's my dime too

Old July 4th 05, 02:32 AM
ob1

i take it your tring a theft deturant hidden away
try the fuel pump. the wires for the fuel pump run under the car. get a 15
amp switch and install in the center console and design to intrupet the
fuel pump power feed
had a 89 chevy s10 it was so easy to install drilled a hole under drivers
seat and routed wires to center console hit the switch and truck would die

Old July 4th 05, 04:26 AM
ken

But a toggle switch can still be found
A magnetic operated kill switch would be a bit better..

No magnetie....No runnie

Old July 4th 05, 06:18 AM
Barking Rats

In article .com>,
"dave is a friggin idiot" > wrote:

> You must be new here
>
> Dave has preached his creationist fundamentalist crap in this and
> trolled in many other newsgroups under any of many of his webtv names
> that long ago, I swore that I would NEVER stop harassing him
>
> His reasoning for being a ****head was thus: "I pay my $24.95 to webtv
> each month so I can do and say anything I want to anywhere under as
> many names as I care to use, so there!!!"
>
> So I do apologize to the members on this vet group, but it's my dime too

Pardon me for jumping in here but you're coming off as the bigger jerk.
His posts of late have been on topic with nothing untoward in their
content. If you want to take it to his private email then by all means
do that instead of peppering the group with the snide, sophomoric
messages.

Here's waving to ya - \||||

Owen
___

'67BB & '72BB

-- not affiliated with JLA forum in any way -- alt.autos.corvette is
original posting --
___

"To know the world intimately is the beginning of caring."
-- Ann Hayman Zwinger
Old July 4th 05, 07:00 PM
Tom in Missouri

I've been here for several years. In that time, Dave has posted about God
and salvation and living like Christ did many times, but almost all that I
have seen have been in response to either someone baiting him, some garbage
coming in on a cross post, or where someone decides they are free to speak
about their "religion" of a wild life, material goods, and whatever, or to
speak against Christianity.

I don't remember any where he initiated it.

It amazes me that people can talk about the bad things with freedom, but if
you talk about God, suddenly people are offended.

Over the last several months, Dave has been limiting his comments to
Corvettes. He has actually been giving comments that have some validity, at
least as much as most on here.

You , have not. You bring up an ancient post that Dave may
or may not have made on some other newsgroup. You demonstrate your mastery
of the English language by using as much obscenities as you can. You have
not made a single helpful Corvette post that I can find in the recent couple
of months.

Your belittling of WebTV is ironic coming from an AOL user.

You are openly harassing Dave, and harassment is not an acceptable use of
this group.

A few notes to:
From: "dave is a friggin idiot" >

can probably put a damper on your day. At least stop your service for
awhile.

A note to the FBI about the Federal Hate Crimes and your open interstate
harassment of an accused molester on a public forum could make you have a
really bad day. Whether you like people who live a different lifestyle than
yours or not, the law prevents you from harassing and harming them.

Think carefully before you decide to come back with more garbage.

Owen said what you needed to hear.

oups.com...