1990 535i.. battery dead, can't open doors !

Old August 22nd 08, 12:40 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Scott C

Default 1990 535i.. battery dead, can't open doors !

Wow, then this should have worked for me.. not sure why it did not..

sc

"bfd" > wrote in message
> On Aug 20, 3:10 pm, "Scott C" > wrote:
> > OK, here's what worked.. I took a coat hanger, made a loop around the

end so
> > it would fit over the 'push-down' lock, and with the key turned to the

open

Old August 22nd 08, 03:45 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland

Apparently (according to several others), you turn the key, hold it, and
lift the handle all at the same time. This allows you to open the doors
manually when the battery dies.

The first thing you have to understand is, the car MUST be able to be
opened, even if the battery is dead, since the battery lives inside the car
behind the locks that are inoperative when the battery dies.

Old August 22nd 08, 10:35 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
dizzy

Jeff Strickland wrote:

>Apparently (according to several others),

In other words, you were again blubbering cluelessly, Jeffy.

Old August 22nd 08, 10:56 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dean Dark

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 21:35:53 GMT, dizzy > wrote:

>Jeff Strickland wrote:
>
>>Apparently (according to several others),

>In other words, you were again blubbering cluelessly, Jeffy.

Give it a ****ing break, fer chrissakes. Your beef with Jeff is
pretty damned old and tired now. Take it to e-mail with him, or hunt
him down and kill him or whatever it is that will satisfy you. Spare
the rest of us from it, please...
--
Dan.
Old August 23rd 08, 12:51 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland

"Dean Dark" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 21:35:53 GMT, dizzy > wrote:
>
>>Jeff Strickland wrote:
>>
>>>Apparently (according to several others),

>>In other words, you were again blubbering cluelessly, Jeffy.

I wasn't blubbering at all. I said the doors open with the key, and I was
right -- as several others said the same thing.

1990 535i Auto Oil Level Seaace BMW 2 June 3rd 08 03:47 PM
1990 535i auto box oil level. SeaAce BMW 1 June 19th 06 12:48 PM
1997 SC2 Completely Dead, No Power, Not Dead Battery getjer1 Saturn 10 November 18th 05 04:05 AM
WTD: CDX-M90 CD changer for 1990 535i rich9876 BMW 0 January 6th 05 07:20 PM
1990 535i right low beam trouble mark barron BMW 2 September 29th 04 12:56 AM