Just got home with NSR. Walmart had it!

Old February 16th 05, 11:40 PM
It's not you!

Default Just got home with NSR. Walmart had it!

Initial impressions: (Keep in mind, as though it won't be obvious, I am not
a racing geek so my points may be skewed).

WOW!

First off I love games that let me feel what it's like to achieve greatness
without spending all the hard earned years of trials and errors. NSR is just
that. I popped it in to my
2ghz 1gb machine with a 256meg Nvidia card and set a few things up. Ran my
first race with Biffle (I work full time for the Guard and love the ol'
16!). Won with Gordon on my butt 8 seconds behind. This was on the second of
4 levels of difficulty.

One thing I noted right away that really dropped my jaw was the weather
effects. Chaging weather!! VEry nice touch. I raced in Joliet and the North
end of the track looked like a mid-june day, the other end looked like a mid
june day too except the pending Thunderhead rolling in. I almost thought I
saw leaves turning over. VERY nice touch.

The only complaint I have so far is the sound. First I have 48 sounds on and
sometimes it just appeared to go silent for like a 10th of a second. Odd?
Also the initial sound setup makes your spotter and stuff VERY hard to hear.
Reset it at 100% spotter and 80% engine and all was fine.

Back to race. Let me know if you want any particulars.

TW

Old February 17th 05, 02:11 AM
Smokin_Bob

It's not you! wrote:
> Initial impressions: (Keep in mind, as though it won't be obvious, I

am not
> a racing geek so my points may be skewed).
>
> WOW!
>
> First off I love games that let me feel what it's like to achieve

greatness
> without spending all the hard earned years of trials and errors. NSR

is just
> that. I popped it in to my
> 2ghz 1gb machine with a 256meg Nvidia card and set a few things up.

Ran my
> first race with Biffle (I work full time for the Guard and love the

ol'
> 16!). Won with Gordon on my butt 8 seconds behind. This was on the

second of
> 4 levels of difficulty.
>
> One thing I noted right away that really dropped my jaw was the

weather
> effects. Chaging weather!! VEry nice touch. I raced in Joliet and the

North
> end of the track looked like a mid-june day, the other end looked

like a mid
> june day too except the pending Thunderhead rolling in. I almost

thought I
> saw leaves turning over. VERY nice touch.
>
> The only complaint I have so far is the sound. First I have 48 sounds

on and
> sometimes it just appeared to go silent for like a 10th of a second.

Odd?
> Also the initial sound setup makes your spotter and stuff VERY hard

to hear.
> Reset it at 100% spotter and 80% engine and all was fine.
>
> Back to race. Let me know if you want any particulars.
>
> TW

Hmm, which Wal Mart? As soon as I read this post, I hopped in the
car and drove as fast as I could to Wal Mart. Then I remembered the
kind of luck I usually have and sure enough, they did not have it.

I live in Traverse City, Michigan. Oh well, Best Buy should have it by
tomorrow, and in the worst case I am sure EA has purchased not only
rights to NASCAR but also NASCAR itself...so they probably will not
allow Daytona 500 to start until enough copies are sold

I have to say again--EA really dropped the ball on this--3 days after
release and you still can't buy the darn thing???? Good grief, usually
EA has 54 goons in any store with any of their product, beating people
who don't buy stuff from EA

Maybe next time. Glad you have it!!!

Old February 17th 05, 03:47 AM
It's not you!

Bloomington, Indiana
Sorry about your luck. Sounds like me with EVERY deer hunter game thats been
released
since the second one.

oups.com...

Old February 17th 05, 04:47 AM
Smokin_Bob

Now thats ironic--Meijer had all the new Deer Hunter, and Hunting
games!! I also was quite pleasantly surprised to see the anticipated
In-Fisherman Freshwater Trophies fishing simulator the other night I
was looking for NSR and picked that one right up. One of the better
fishing sims I have played for the PC, so far quite enjoyable.

Old February 17th 05, 11:33 PM
Tim Paullin

"Smokin_Bob" >
> Hmm, which Wal Mart? As soon as I read this post, I hopped in the
> car and drove as fast as I could to Wal Mart. Then I remembered the
> kind of luck I usually have and sure enough, they did not have it.
>
> I live in Traverse City, Michigan. Oh well, Best Buy should have it by
> tomorrow, and in the worst case I am sure EA has purchased not only
> rights to NASCAR but also NASCAR itself...so they probably will not
> allow Daytona 500 to start until enough copies are sold
>
> I have to say again--EA really dropped the ball on this--3 days after
> release and you still can't buy the darn thing???? Good grief, usually
> EA has 54 goons in any store with any of their product, beating people
> who don't buy stuff from EA
>
> Maybe next time. Glad you have it!!!

Spencer, Iowa has it. 4 copies, lol. Probably will sit there awhile in
this area. And no I didn't buy one.(yet)

Tim

Old February 18th 05, 01:13 AM

I have just tried the demo and it is simply incredible, hats off to EA
for creating this stunning NASCAR simulation.

I'm off to get me a copy right now!!!

Old February 18th 05, 01:38 AM
Smokin_Bob

I have no idea why, but I called GameStop again...and they had a copy.
One copy. The guy held it off the shelf for me, and I finally ended up
with it!! But Target and Best Buy still do not have a single copy in
stock. Now that I am watching the taped Gatorade races, I am itching
to give it a try...

Best Home Base Work Reynard Saturn 0 November 10th 04 01:02 AM
Best Home Base Work Reynard Chrysler 0 November 10th 04 12:51 AM
300M Club has a new forum home Bill Putney Chrysler 0 October 24th 04 04:44 AM