New M3, $100,000.

Old June 4th 07, 10:51 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
thepixelfreak

Default New M3, $100,000.

Saw a post that the new M3 is 50,000 British pounds. aka 100 grand USD.

Just way too much for a car. Isn't that nearly 40 grand more than the
previous M3?

--

thepixelfreak

Old June 5th 07, 01:20 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland

That's only way too much for you.

Lots of people drive cars costing that much, or more. I'm not one of them,
but maybe in a few years one will show up on the Used Car market, and I can
get it for 10k, or so -- which is way closer to my price range ...

Old June 5th 07, 02:17 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

On Jun 4, 5:51 pm, thepixelfreak > wrote:
> Saw a post that the new M3 is 50,000 British pounds. aka 100 grand USD.
>
> Just way too much for a car. Isn't that nearly 40 grand more than the
> previous M3?
>
> --
>
> thepixelfreak

Wow that's extremely pricey if it is 100k, if you take into
consideration the past year's model was around 60k....the price
increase probably has to do with the fact that they're putting in a v8
for the first time instead of the I6.

Old June 5th 07, 02:52 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Floyd Rogers[_1_]

"thepixelfreak" > wrote
> Saw a post that the new M3 is 50,000 British pounds. aka 100 grand USD.
>
> Just way too much for a car. Isn't that nearly 40 grand more than the
> previous M3?

Although you're right that the UK price for the M3 will be around 51K
pounds, the US price will be more in the $56K-$58K range (according
to Car & Driver and other sources). The UK guys are getting screwed.

FloydR

Old June 5th 07, 02:56 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland

"Floyd Rogers" > wrote in message
> "thepixelfreak" > wrote
>> Saw a post that the new M3 is 50,000 British pounds. aka 100 grand USD.
>>
>> Just way too much for a car. Isn't that nearly 40 grand more than the
>> previous M3?

> Although you're right that the UK price for the M3 will be around 51K
> pounds, the US price will be more in the $56K-$58K range (according
> to Car & Driver and other sources). The UK guys are getting screwed.

It is very costly to put the steering wheel on the wrong side.

Old June 5th 07, 03:54 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jack[_7_]

"Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message

> "Floyd Rogers" > wrote in message
>> "thepixelfreak" > wrote
>>> Saw a post that the new M3 is 50,000 British pounds. aka 100 grand USD.
>>>
>>> Just way too much for a car. Isn't that nearly 40 grand more than the
>>> previous M3?

>> Although you're right that the UK price for the M3 will be around 51K
>> pounds, the US price will be more in the $56K-$58K range (according
>> to Car & Driver and other sources). The UK guys are getting screwed.
>>

> It is very costly to put the steering wheel on the wrong side.

The price of the high end autos has very little to do with their cost and
much more to do with what people will pay. I guess they think the brits
will pay more than the yanks.

Old June 5th 07, 03:57 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland

"Jack" > wrote in message

> "Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Floyd Rogers" > wrote in message
>>> "thepixelfreak" > wrote

>>> Although you're right that the UK price for the M3 will be around 51K
>>> pounds, the US price will be more in the $56K-$58K range (according
>>> to Car & Driver and other sources). The UK guys are getting screwed.
>>>

>> It is very costly to put the steering wheel on the wrong side.
>>

> The price of the high end autos has very little to do with their cost and
> much more to do with what people will pay. I guess they think the brits
> will pay more than the yanks.

Maybe. But the Brits need the controls placed on the wrong side, maybe that
costs more ...

Old June 5th 07, 05:25 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Pet Parker

"thepixelfreak" > wrote in message
> Saw a post that the new M3 is 50,000 British pounds. aka 100 grand USD.
>
> Just way too much for a car. Isn't that nearly 40 grand more than the
> previous M3?
>
> --
>
> thepixelfreak

the Audi R6 is £52K and I see a number of them..............

Old June 5th 07, 05:28 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 02:54:33 GMT, "Jack" > wrote:

>"Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Floyd Rogers" > wrote in message
>>> "thepixelfreak" > wrote

>>> Although you're right that the UK price for the M3 will be around 51K
>>> pounds, the US price will be more in the $56K-$58K range (according
>>> to Car & Driver and other sources). The UK guys are getting screwed.
>>>

>> It is very costly to put the steering wheel on the wrong side.
>>

>The price of the high end autos has very little to do with their cost and
>much more to do with what people will pay. I guess they think the brits
>will pay more than the yanks.

Another misconception.......... the truth is the UK is the cheapest place in
Europe to buy a car at the moment.