PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY 735I

Old May 31st 07, 12:02 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
razmorro

Default PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY 735I

I JUST BOUGHT AN 88 735I BUT I AM HAVING PROBLEMS MOVING IT.ACCORDING TO
THE SELLER THE CAR SAT FOR COUPLE OF MONTHS WITHOUT IT BEING DRIVEN.WHEN
YOU PUT THE CAR IN DRIVE,IT SEEMS THAT IT WANTS TO MOVE BY IT SELF,YOU
HAVE TO STEP ON THE GAS PEDDLE BEFORE IT MOVES.IT DRIVES FOR ABOUT 3-4
MINUTES THEN IT STOPS.YOU HAVE TO RESTART IT AGAIN BEFROE IT GOES.IT SEEMS
TO ME THAT THE BREAK IS HOLDING,CAN THAT CAUSE THE TRANSMISSION TO GO INTO
LIMP MODE.ANY ANSWER WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.PLEASE PLEASE HELP....

Old May 31st 07, 12:56 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland

"razmorro" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
>I JUST BOUGHT AN 88 735I BUT I AM HAVING PROBLEMS MOVING IT.ACCORDING TO
> THE SELLER THE CAR SAT FOR COUPLE OF MONTHS WITHOUT IT BEING DRIVEN.WHEN
> YOU PUT THE CAR IN DRIVE,IT SEEMS THAT IT WANTS TO MOVE BY IT SELF,YOU
> HAVE TO STEP ON THE GAS PEDDLE BEFORE IT MOVES.IT DRIVES FOR ABOUT 3-4
> MINUTES THEN IT STOPS.YOU HAVE TO RESTART IT AGAIN BEFROE IT GOES.IT SEEMS
> TO ME THAT THE BREAK IS HOLDING,CAN THAT CAUSE THE TRANSMISSION TO GO INTO
> LIMP MODE.ANY ANSWER WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.PLEASE PLEASE HELP....

1.) STOP ALL OF THAT DAMN SCREAMING! It is not appropriate to use ALLCAPS in
a newsgroup. We call it YELLING. It is very difficult to read ALLCAPS. It is
especially difficult to read ALLCAPS and crappy punctuation punctuated by
misspellings and wrong words. We can work with most of this if you promise
to turn the CAPLOCK button off.

2.) You are describing any number of ailments, the least expensive being a
parking brake that is locked ON. If the transmission is going into Limp
Mode, that is a bad sign.

Old May 31st 07, 01:14 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
R. Mark Clayton

"razmorro" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
>I JUST BOUGHT AN 88 735I BUT I AM HAVING PROBLEMS MOVING IT.ACCORDING TO
> THE SELLER THE CAR SAT FOR COUPLE OF MONTHS WITHOUT IT BEING DRIVEN.WHEN
> YOU PUT THE CAR IN DRIVE,IT SEEMS THAT IT WANTS TO MOVE BY IT SELF,YOU
> HAVE TO STEP ON THE GAS PEDDLE BEFORE IT MOVES.IT DRIVES FOR ABOUT 3-4
> MINUTES THEN IT STOPS.YOU HAVE TO RESTART IT AGAIN BEFROE IT GOES.IT SEEMS
> TO ME THAT THE BREAK IS HOLDING,CAN THAT CAUSE THE TRANSMISSION TO GO INTO
> LIMP MODE.ANY ANSWER WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.PLEASE PLEASE HELP....

1. Buy a keyboard with small letters.

2. Assuming the car is automatic then it will move when put into Drive.
This is called creep and is normal operation*.

3. To get an auto to move off you normally have to press the accelerator
(gas pedal).

4. Conking out after a few minutes is not normal, but there are lots of
possible reasons.

5. Depending on year it should display a message (transmission) dash lights
and / or bong a lot if the gearbox is broken.

This is an old car that has been laid up. Probably the battery is goosed.
You need to charge it up and / or change the battery for a good one
otherwise system volts will be low and this manifests itself as a variety of
electrically induced faults (e.g. transmission, ignition, light failure
etc.).

* if all else fails RTFM.

Old May 31st 07, 08:56 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

On Wed, 30 May 2007 19:02:10 -0400, "razmorro" > wrote:

>I JUST BOUGHT AN 88 735I BUT I AM HAVING PROBLEMS MOVING IT.ACCORDING TO
>THE SELLER THE CAR SAT FOR COUPLE OF MONTHS WITHOUT IT BEING DRIVEN.WHEN
>YOU PUT THE CAR IN DRIVE,IT SEEMS THAT IT WANTS TO MOVE BY IT SELF,YOU
>HAVE TO STEP ON THE GAS PEDDLE BEFORE IT MOVES.IT DRIVES FOR ABOUT 3-4
>MINUTES THEN IT STOPS.YOU HAVE TO RESTART IT AGAIN BEFROE IT GOES.IT SEEMS
>TO ME THAT THE BREAK IS HOLDING,CAN THAT CAUSE THE TRANSMISSION TO GO INTO
>LIMP MODE.ANY ANSWER WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.PLEASE PLEASE HELP....

I suggest you go to classes to learn how to communicate in English then try
Martian.

However the caps lock is usually 3rd key up from the bottom on the LEFT side of
the keyboard. USE IT!

Have a good look at the brake (NOT BREAK) disks to see if they are rusty and/or
the pads are stuck in the calipers (the things that hold them)

Steve
Old May 31st 07, 10:08 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
John Burns

> HAVE TO STEP ON THE GAS PEDDLE BEFORE IT MOVES.IT DRIVES FOR ABOUT 3-4
> MINUTES THEN IT STOPS.YOU HAVE TO RESTART IT AGAIN BEFROE IT GOES.

Dead fuel pump relay?

Email: , John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland
Web :
http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!
www.Strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible price
Old June 7th 07, 03:20 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
noobiedoobie

On May 30, 7:02 pm, "razmorro" > wrote:
> I JUST BOUGHT AN 88 735I BUT I AM HAVING PROBLEMS MOVING IT.ACCORDING TO
> THE SELLER THE CAR SAT FOR COUPLE OF MONTHS WITHOUT IT BEING DRIVEN.WHEN
> YOU PUT THE CAR IN DRIVE,IT SEEMS THAT IT WANTS TO MOVE BY IT SELF,YOU
> HAVE TO STEP ON THE GAS PEDDLE BEFORE IT MOVES.IT DRIVES FOR ABOUT 3-4
> MINUTES THEN IT STOPS.YOU HAVE TO RESTART IT AGAIN BEFROE IT GOES.IT SEEMS
> TO ME THAT THE BREAK IS HOLDING,CAN THAT CAUSE THE TRANSMISSION TO GO INTO
> LIMP MODE.ANY ANSWER WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.PLEASE PLEASE HELP....

How much did you pay for it?

Old June 7th 07, 06:16 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 07:20:10 -0700, noobiedoobie > wrote:

>On May 30, 7:02 pm, "razmorro" > wrote:
>> I JUST BOUGHT AN 88 735I BUT I AM HAVING PROBLEMS MOVING IT.ACCORDING TO
>> THE SELLER THE CAR SAT FOR COUPLE OF MONTHS WITHOUT IT BEING DRIVEN.WHEN
>> YOU PUT THE CAR IN DRIVE,IT SEEMS THAT IT WANTS TO MOVE BY IT SELF,YOU
>> HAVE TO STEP ON THE GAS PEDDLE BEFORE IT MOVES.IT DRIVES FOR ABOUT 3-4
>> MINUTES THEN IT STOPS.YOU HAVE TO RESTART IT AGAIN BEFROE IT GOES.IT SEEMS
>> TO ME THAT THE BREAK IS HOLDING,CAN THAT CAUSE THE TRANSMISSION TO GO INTO
>> LIMP MODE.ANY ANSWER WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.PLEASE PLEASE HELP....

>How much did you pay for it?

Please stop SHOUTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caps lock is the third button up on the left of the keyboard.

92 735i/e32 Gremlins Josh Assing BMW 0 June 18th 06 01:23 AM
735i e32 -- K&N filter help? Josh Assing BMW 3 January 13th 06 03:42 PM
1998 735i Tom BMW 3 November 16th 05 01:18 PM
86 bmw 735i bjo BMW 1 July 8th 05 11:47 AM
1990 735i Jamel L. Raines BMW 0 November 16th 04 08:18 PM