a/c compressor locked up

Old April 28th 07, 11:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
be nice

Default a/c compressor locked up

My 2000 Honda Accord a/c compressor locked up, the belt started to
burn. The car has 82,000 miles on it. I was able to drive it to Honda
dealer were I do all my repairs. They told me I need a new a/c
compressor, belts and it will cost $1,880.00 I was shocked at the
cost. Are they charging me too much? They told me I could not even
drive the car because the a/c belt that was burning is on a pulley
system and if I try to drive the car the belt would continue to burn.
My 2000 Honda Accord is a V6 4 door model. Have their been problems
with the a/c compressors in Hondas, any "unoffical" warranties that
anyone knows of? This car has been nothing but problems, this is the
model that the transmission went on.

Old April 29th 07, 12:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
duckbill

If the compressor locked up, you should still be able to drive the vehicle
as long as you don't switch on the AC or select defrost (which may turn on
the compressor). If the compressor failed, it likely shot lots of metal
throughout your AC system. And many parts of your system cannot be
flushed out so they must be replaced. And this can be very
expensive........... When I replaced the compressor, expansion valve, and
reciever dryer on my 95 Civic 4 years ago, I thought I could flush the
condenserand the rest of the system. My new compressor failed again after
a little over 4 years. I have since found out that Honda condensers cannot
be flushed. Buying all of the parts at Manchester Honda this time set me
back around $800. And the very best flush is around $40 a quart. Good
Luck

2000 Honda Accord a/c compressor locked up be nice Technology 1 April 29th 07 06:36 AM
locked out of my car Jules BMW 9 January 28th 07 11:55 AM
locked up [email protected] Technology 0 July 3rd 06 12:15 AM
locked out 88BIMMER BMW 5 September 18th 05 03:33 AM
Ignition is locked momcat21 Saturn 13 March 2nd 05 06:15 PM