Dual Rear Wheel, 4X4 & Snow Chains

Old December 22nd 03, 04:05 PM
OrygunGuy

Default Dual Rear Wheel, 4X4 & Snow Chains

Is it possible that they suggest using CABLE devices? Security Chain Co. has
large tire cables rated for commercial users. The Super Z Duals are for
dual wheel applications. The Super Z LT is made for SUV and 4X4's. Try
their website. scc-chain.com I use their products here in Oregon all of
the time and they haven't failed me yet. Good luck

> wrote in message
> On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 11:34:16 GMT, "David Ward" >
> wrote:
>
> ><Hard Status> wrote in message

> >: What is the recommended configuration for snow chains for a 4X4 & dual

rear
> >: wheel vehicle?
> >:
> >: Looking forward to taking my F-350 4X4, DRW to the snow in the Southern
> >: California mountains and want to be prepared.
> >:
> >: Any suggestions?
> >
> >Practical experience in Big Bear shows chains on the front do just

fine...
> >CHP at the chain points going up, however, say to chain up the outboard
> >4 wheels. BTW, for 4x4s w/ real snow tires on all 4 corners, chains are
> >optional but must be carried in the vehicle.
> >
> >Hope I got that right.
> >Dave
> >

> I purchased a 2004 F-350 Super Duty 4X4 PK Crew Cab PU DRW last month.

Was
> asked to sign a Tire Chain Disclosure at the time of delivery stating that
> "As equipped, this vehicle may not be operated with tire chains but may
> accommodate some other type of tire traction device. See the owner's

manual
> for details".
>
> The owner's manual does not recommend anything. The dealer was no help.
> Anyone got a clue what type of tire chains I could use in the snow? And

why