$5 parking ticket? Pay _NOW_ do not fight.

Old March 23rd 07, 07:25 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

Default $5 parking ticket? Pay _NOW_ do not fight.

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/16/1664.asp

<...>

The city council in Brooksville, Florida voted this week to advance a
proposal granting city officials the authority to place liens and
foreclose on the homes of motorists accused of failing to pay a single $5
parking ticket. Non-homeowners face having their vehicles seized if
accused of not paying three parking offenses.

<...>

a vehicle owner must pay a parking fine within 72 hours

<...>

After seven days, the city will place a lien on the car owner's home for
the amount of the ticket plus late fees, attorney fees and an extra $15 fine.

<...>

The ordinance does not require the city to provide notice to the
homeowner at any point so that after ninety days elapse, the city will
foreclose. If the motorist does not own a home, it will seize his vehicle
after the failure to pay three parking tickets.

<...>

Any motorist who believes a parking ticket may have been improperly
issued must first pay a $250 "appeal fee" within seven days to have the
case heard by a contract employee of the city. This employee will
determine whether the city should keep the appeal fee, plus the cost of
the ticket and late fees, or find the motorist not guilty.

--------------------------------

Once again, driving is used as the wedge to steal from people.

Don't mind me, I'm just called a paranoid kook. Keep telling yourself
government is good and doesn't want to steal from you.... keep telling
yourself it will never be you, never in your town. Me... I remember a
time when something like this proposal wouldn't have even been offered
let alone considered or advanced.

Look at the so called 'justice'. The city employee slaps a ticket on your
car... and you have to pay $250 for not a court of law, but another
employee of the city to review the case and of course issue a summary
judgement of guilty (it's his job). The city can now print money by
issuing tickets to every motor vehicle its employees can find. And if a
person doesn't pay the extortion, the city takes his car or his home and
makes even more money.

I dunno... losing a home for a $5 parking ticket you never saw... that's
the new america... if we had rights the terrorists would get us or something.

Old March 23rd 07, 12:35 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Mar 23, 3:25 am, (Brent P)
wrote:
> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/16/1664.asp
>
> <...>
>
> The city council in Brooksville, Florida voted this week to advance a
> proposal granting city officials the authority to place liens and
> foreclose on the homes of motorists accused of failing to pay a single $5
> parking ticket. Non-homeowners face having their vehicles seized if
> accused of not paying three parking offenses.
>
> <...>
>
> a vehicle owner must pay a parking fine within 72 hours
>
> <...>
>
> After seven days, the city will place a lien on the car owner's home for
> the amount of the ticket plus late fees, attorney fees and an extra $15 fine.
>
> <...>
>
> The ordinance does not require the city to provide notice to the
> homeowner at any point so that after ninety days elapse, the city will
> foreclose. If the motorist does not own a home, it will seize his vehicle
> after the failure to pay three parking tickets.
>
> <...>
>
> Any motorist who believes a parking ticket may have been improperly
> issued must first pay a $250 "appeal fee" within seven days to have the
> case heard by a contract employee of the city. This employee will
> determine whether the city should keep the appeal fee, plus the cost of
> the ticket and late fees, or find the motorist not guilty.
>
> --------------------------------
>
> Once again, driving is used as the wedge to steal from people.
>
> Don't mind me, I'm just called a paranoid kook. Keep telling yourself
> government is good and doesn't want to steal from you.... keep telling
> yourself it will never be you, never in your town. Me... I remember a
> time when something like this proposal wouldn't have even been offered
> let alone considered or advanced.
>
> Look at the so called 'justice'. The city employee slaps a ticket on your
> car... and you have to pay $250 for not a court of law, but another
> employee of the city to review the case and of course issue a summary
> judgement of guilty (it's his job). The city can now print money by
> issuing tickets to every motor vehicle its employees can find. And if a
> person doesn't pay the extortion, the city takes his car or his home and
> makes even more money.
>
> I dunno... losing a home for a $5 parking ticket you never saw... that's
> the new america... if we had rights the terrorists would get us or something.

Its just about time to begin voting from the rooftops.

Dave

Old March 23rd 07, 02:15 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Mike T.

"Brent P" > wrote in message

> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/16/1664.asp
>
> <...>
>
> The city council in Brooksville, Florida voted this week to advance a
> proposal granting city officials the authority to place liens and
> foreclose on the homes of motorists accused of failing to pay a single $5
> parking ticket. Non-homeowners face having their vehicles seized if
> accused of not paying three parking offenses.
>
> <...>
>
> a vehicle owner must pay a parking fine within 72 hours
>
> <...>
>
> After seven days, the city will place a lien on the car owner's home for
> the amount of the ticket plus late fees, attorney fees and an extra $15
> fine.
>
> <...>
>
> The ordinance does not require the city to provide notice to the
> homeowner at any point so that after ninety days elapse, the city will
> foreclose. If the motorist does not own a home, it will seize his vehicle
> after the failure to pay three parking tickets.
>
> <...>
>
> Any motorist who believes a parking ticket may have been improperly
> issued must first pay a $250 "appeal fee" within seven days to have the
> case heard by a contract employee of the city. This employee will
> determine whether the city should keep the appeal fee, plus the cost of
> the ticket and late fees, or find the motorist not guilty.
>
> --------------------------------
>
> Once again, driving is used as the wedge to steal from people.
>
> Don't mind me, I'm just called a paranoid kook. Keep telling yourself
> government is good and doesn't want to steal from you....

I've got a new proposal. I think the homeowners (and non-homeowner CAR
owners, for that matter) of Brooksville should form an armed militia to
overthrow the local city council and replace it with NOTHING. Any city
council member who refuses to resign immediately faces summary judgement of
instantaneous death by firing squad. No appeals.

Hey, it is just as logical as this crap that the Brooksville City Council is
doing. -Dave

Old March 23rd 07, 03:52 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

(Brent P) wrote in
:

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/16/1664.asp

> <...>
>
> The city council in Brooksville, Florida voted this week to advance a
> proposal granting city officials the authority to place liens and
> foreclose on the homes of motorists accused of failing to pay a single
> $5 parking ticket. Non-homeowners face having their vehicles seized if
> accused of not paying three parking offenses.
>
> I dunno... losing a home for a $5 parking ticket you never saw...
> that's the new america... if we had rights the terrorists would get us
> or something.

Sounds draconian but you repubs don't object when drug users get 30 years
in prison.
Old March 25th 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Matthew T. Russotto

In article >,
Brent P > wrote:

>http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/16/1664.asp
>
><...>
>
>The city council in Brooksville, Florida voted this week to advance a
>proposal granting city officials the authority to place liens and
>foreclose on the homes of motorists accused of failing to pay a single $5
>parking ticket. Non-homeowners face having their vehicles seized if
>accused of not paying three parking offenses.

I especially like this bit:

"The ordinance does not require the city to provide notice to the
homeowner at any point so that after ninety days elapse, the city will
foreclose."

So the city merely needs to have someone write out a parking ticket,
trash it, and they can steal the poor sucker's house in 90 days.

It's crap like this for which the protections of due process were
invented. The courts have made a grave error in deciding that certain
offenses are beneat these protections.
result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old March 25th 07, 12:42 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Matthew T. Russotto

In article ews.net>,
Mike T. > wrote:

>I've got a new proposal. I think the homeowners (and non-homeowner CAR
>owners, for that matter) of Brooksville should form an armed militia to
>overthrow the local city council and replace it with NOTHING. Any city
>council member who refuses to resign immediately faces summary judgement of
>instantaneous death by firing squad. No appeals.

No need. Find a car thief and hire him to move the council member's
cars to a "no parking" zone during heavy enforcement periods. Then
when it gets ticketed, have him destroy the ticket and move the car
back where it belongs. Then, once these bozos homes are foreclosed
upon, sue to have them booted off the council for not following the
residency requirements.
result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old March 25th 07, 02:00 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Dave

"Matthew T. Russotto" > wrote in message
t...
> In article ews.net>,
> Mike T. > wrote:
>>

>>I've got a new proposal. I think the homeowners (and non-homeowner CAR
>>owners, for that matter) of Brooksville should form an armed militia to
>>overthrow the local city council and replace it with NOTHING. Any city
>>council member who refuses to resign immediately faces summary judgement
>>of
>>instantaneous death by firing squad. No appeals.

> No need. Find a car thief and hire him to move the council member's
> cars to a "no parking" zone during heavy enforcement periods. Then
> when it gets ticketed, have him destroy the ticket and move the car
> back where it belongs. Then, once these bozos homes are foreclosed
> upon, sue to have them booted off the council for not following the
> residency requirements.

I like your suggestion better. -Dave