147 Coolant levels

Old December 3rd 06, 04:40 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Tom[_1_]

Default 147 Coolant levels

My 147 seems to be leaking coolant but I can't see where from. Topped it up
a couple of weeks back bit is below the min level again. Had a new radiator
about 15 months ago and no visible signs of leaking from that region. Anyone
else had any problems in this department?

Looks like a trip to a dealer is in order. Boo! Always happens just before
Xmas.

Tom
147 1.6TS

Old December 4th 06, 06:45 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Paul Woodsford

"Tom" > wrote in message
> My 147 seems to be leaking coolant but I can't see where from. Topped it
> up a couple of weeks back bit is below the min level again. Had a new
> radiator about 15 months ago and no visible signs of leaking from that
> region. Anyone else had any problems in this department?
>
> Looks like a trip to a dealer is in order. Boo! Always happens just before
> Xmas.
>
> Tom
> 147 1.6TS

1. Change in weather temperature can cause drop in level. If warm when
refilled and cold when level checked.
2. Radiator Pressure relief valve. If failed can allow coolant to "boil off"
when engine warmed up.
3. As you suspect, a leak, which may not be apparent until system warmed up.

--
Paul Woodsford
Remove NOSPAM to reply.