147 central locking playing up

Old May 10th 07, 03:48 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
davea

Default 147 central locking playing up

The central locking on my 147 has developed an intermittent problem.
Occasionlly when I press the remote to open the doors they unlock fine
and the alarm deactivates but immediately locks again! This happened
the other night and I had to quickly open the door and jump in before
they locked again! It's getting more frequent now so is now a problem
which I'll have to see to.

Anyone had this before? I've just had the battery replaced so that
rules that out. What should I look for?

Old May 10th 07, 05:08 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
cupra

davea wrote:
> The central locking on my 147 has developed an intermittent problem.
> Occasionlly when I press the remote to open the doors they unlock fine
> and the alarm deactivates but immediately locks again! This happened
> the other night and I had to quickly open the door and jump in before
> they locked again! It's getting more frequent now so is now a problem
> which I'll have to see to.
>
> Anyone had this before? I've just had the battery replaced so that
> rules that out. What should I look for?

Just a suggestion; maybe a sticky 'lock' button on the key? (it could be
that the 'unlock' overrides the 'lock' when pressed)

Have you got the spare?

Old May 11th 07, 09:07 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
davea

> Just a suggestion; maybe a sticky 'lock' button on the key? (it
could be
> that the 'unlock' overrides the 'lock' when pressed)
>
> Have you got the spare?

Unfortunately I never got a spare set from the dealer, although they
said they would get me one during the sale, when I went back it was
going to be over £100 for a new key! I suppose I should really just
fork out and get one.

Thanks

Old May 11th 07, 10:29 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dominic

davea > wrote:
> Just a suggestion; maybe a sticky 'lock' button on the key? (it
>could be
>> that the 'unlock' overrides the 'lock' when pressed)
>>
>> Have you got the spare?

>Unfortunately I never got a spare set from the dealer, although they
>said they would get me one during the sale, when I went back it was
>going to be over £100 for a new key! I suppose I should really just
>fork out and get one.

If it's a sticky 'lock' button, or some fault with the key,
then wouldn't it also set the alarm? If it's just re-locking,
without setting the alarm, could it be the lock button
on the dash? Does that button work to lock and
unlock the doors?

Thinking on... I've never tried, but does using the key
in the drivers door also lock/unlock the central locking?
Perhaps there's a stuck 'lock' switch in there, making it
think the key is always turned?

dom.

Old May 14th 07, 11:09 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
davea

I think the locks themselves are fine buttons on dash work, the
buttons on the key stopped working at the weekend. Eventually got it
working by pressing on the battery compartment (which has worked its
way loose).

Think I'll have to order a new key for it.

Before I phone alfa does anyone have any idea how much a new remote
key fob will cost, £100 or so?

Old May 14th 07, 01:28 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
davea

On 14 May, 11:09, davea > wrote:
> I think the locks themselves are fine buttons on dash work, the
> buttons on the key stopped working at the weekend. Eventually got it
> working by pressing on the battery compartment (which has worked its
> way loose).
>
> Think I'll have to order a new key for it.
>
> Before I phone alfa does anyone have any idea how much a new remote
> key fob will cost, £100 or so?

Ok just phoned alfa. New key costs £178!!!!!!

guy had cheek to say "that includes coding it". I should bloody think
so!

Old May 14th 07, 02:28 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_1_]

"davea" > wrote in message
oups.com...
On 14 May, 11:09, davea > wrote:
> I think the locks themselves are fine buttons on dash work, the
> buttons on the key stopped working at the weekend. Eventually got it
> working by pressing on the battery compartment (which has worked its
> way loose).
>
> Think I'll have to order a new key for it.
>
> Before I phone alfa does anyone have any idea how much a new remote
> key fob will cost, £100 or so?

Ok just phoned alfa. New key costs £178!!!!!!

guy had cheek to say "that includes coding it". I should bloody think
so!

Have a look on Ebay first. There are usually a few on there. Also I believe
some other (VW ?) keys that fit. Obviously you still need to be it coded.

Old May 15th 07, 12:15 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
davea

I actually know whats involved in coding these keys and thats a
ridiculous price to charge for it. Fair enough for some of the more
expensive key fobs with more functions. Another dealer trying to cash
in even though they promsied me a spare set when I bought the car!