147 in need of chip/dent/alloy repairs...

Old January 10th 06, 08:37 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default 147 in need of chip/dent/alloy repairs...

Hi All,

Over the last few months my 2003 147 2.0TS has had a variety of minor
damage. There are a few stone chips on the bonnet. 2 of my 17"
supersport alloys have been kerbed and to top it off I noticed a small
dent in the passenger door while parked in a supermarket.

I see that there are quite a few companies like chipsaway for stone
chips and alloys.

I also notice that chipsaway have a system called dentsaway for
paintless dent removal.

Has anyone used any of these or similar comapanies and if so what are
the results like?

Thanks in advance

rk
Old January 10th 06, 11:11 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

I'm still waiting for them - 'Chipsaway'- to get back to me regarding the so
called 'free quote'. However, they have given me the telephone number of the
local bloke in my area - but its a mobile... no office number, no trust!

Let me know how you get on though

Cheers

J-P

Remove _no_spam_ to reply

Norton Anti Virus 2005 E-Mail Virus Protection Service,
and is believed to be clean.

--
Remove _no_spam_ to reply
. uk...

Old January 10th 06, 11:11 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

I'm still waiting for them - 'Chipsaway'- to get back to me regarding the so
called 'free quote'. However, they have given me the telephone number of the
local bloke in my area - but its a mobile... no office number, no trust!

Let me know how you get on though

Cheers

J-P

Remove _no_spam_ to reply

Norton Anti Virus 2005 E-Mail Virus Protection Service,
and is believed to be clean.

--
Remove _no_spam_ to reply
. uk...

Old January 10th 06, 11:11 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

I'm still waiting for them - 'Chipsaway'- to get back to me regarding the so
called 'free quote'. However, they have given me the telephone number of the
local bloke in my area - but its a mobile... no office number, no trust!

Let me know how you get on though

Cheers

J-P

Remove _no_spam_ to reply

Norton Anti Virus 2005 E-Mail Virus Protection Service,
and is believed to be clean.

--
Remove _no_spam_ to reply
. uk...

Old January 10th 06, 11:11 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

I'm still waiting for them - 'Chipsaway'- to get back to me regarding the so
called 'free quote'. However, they have given me the telephone number of the
local bloke in my area - but its a mobile... no office number, no trust!

Let me know how you get on though

Cheers

J-P

Remove _no_spam_ to reply

Norton Anti Virus 2005 E-Mail Virus Protection Service,
and is believed to be clean.

--
Remove _no_spam_ to reply
. uk...

Old January 10th 06, 11:11 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

I'm still waiting for them - 'Chipsaway'- to get back to me regarding the so
called 'free quote'. However, they have given me the telephone number of the
local bloke in my area - but its a mobile... no office number, no trust!

Let me know how you get on though

Cheers

J-P

Remove _no_spam_ to reply

Norton Anti Virus 2005 E-Mail Virus Protection Service,
and is believed to be clean.

--
Remove _no_spam_ to reply
. uk...

Old January 10th 06, 11:11 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

I'm still waiting for them - 'Chipsaway'- to get back to me regarding the so
called 'free quote'. However, they have given me the telephone number of the
local bloke in my area - but its a mobile... no office number, no trust!

Let me know how you get on though

Cheers

J-P

Remove _no_spam_ to reply

Norton Anti Virus 2005 E-Mail Virus Protection Service,
and is believed to be clean.

--
Remove _no_spam_ to reply
. uk...

Old January 10th 06, 11:16 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

J-P Westaway-Green > wrote:

> I'm still waiting for them - 'Chipsaway'- to get back to me regarding the so
> called 'free quote'. However, they have given me the telephone number of the
> local bloke in my area - but its a mobile... no office number, no trust!

That's because they don't have an 'office' as such - their van is their
office.

It's a franchised mobile service.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL
Old January 10th 06, 11:17 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Have no idea what happened with my last post - I only clicked send???????

Sorry :-(

J-P

--
Remove _no_spam_ to reply
Norton Anti Virus 2005 E-Mail Virus Protection Service,
and is believed to be clean.

. uk...

Old January 11th 06, 11:25 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 23:11:44 -0000, "J-P Westaway-Green"
>, wrote:

>However, they have given me the telephone number of the
>local bloke in my area - but its a mobile

That is the way the whole business works.
Instead of having one paintshop in Bradford, they have
a man with a van in most areas of the country. The man
is trained. The van is packed with everything they need.
They give a first class service.
If you don't trust then that is cool, but it is your loss.

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso