147 climate control failure, but only when its cold

Old January 5th 06, 09:53 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default 147 climate control failure, but only when its cold

Sorry about the duplication, dam computers.
John,UK.

Old January 5th 06, 10:29 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

John, UK. wrote:

> OI*C* I missed the bit about it coming on later. Good point.
>
> Mine works in this way too, but the lights still light up.

Yep. Checked it today. 1dec C outside. TBH I can't hear the compressor
when the engine is running anyway, so I have no idea if it comes on. THe
fan deffo dunt start, but I wouldn't expect it to.

> I think everyone missed the bit about, no lights on dials lighting up.

Well, I didn't but it slipped my mind IYSWIM

--
Catman MIB#14 SKoGA#6 TEAR#4 BOTAFOF#38 Apostle#21 COSOC#3 OMF#22
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 156 TS S2
Old January 6th 06, 03:38 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
> news >
>>GT wrote:
>>

>>>"Catman" > wrote in message
. com...

>>>Page 106 of the manual - "The climate control compressor works only when
>>>the engine is running and the outside temperatures is more than 2 deg C".
>>>(I incorrectly said 3.5 degrees before). This sounds like the fault the
>>>original question was regarding?!?

>>OI*C* I missed the bit about it coming on later. Good point.

> So I don't think the original question actually identifies a fault in the
> system at all. Unless I have misunderstood the problem - which is quite
> common!!
>
> xdeity, does this sounds like a short summary of the problem... The
> compressor (snowflake button on dashboard) won't come on below 2 degrees
> (external temperature) and secondly, the fans don't blow until the engine
> has warmed up (unless you manually turn up the fan dial)? If that is an
> accurate interpretation of the problem, then there is nothing wrong - that
> is what is supposed to happen! Don't fork out £555 for a new unit!!!

This is exactly how it works on my 147. I don't fully understand how
the climate control works though ... too many buttons and lights :-/

--
Stephen Marriott -
ICQ: 29793027 Yahoo/AIM: sjmariota

Climate Control Prices Stan Dowiat BMW 0 March 30th 05 02:44 AM
Three lines on Auto climate control readout '92 vette - inoperative Dumptruck Corvette 1 March 14th 05 02:21 PM
98 Explorer EB Edition Climate Control is to cost $ 550.00 Dirty Ford Explorer 1 February 23rd 05 11:51 AM
147 "Motor Control System Failure" - Problem Juan Tanameara Alfa Romeo 0 December 19th 04 08:40 PM
Alfa GT "ticking" climate control Grahame Alfa Romeo 16 October 10th 04 10:04 PM