rFactor Formula cars

Old September 15th 05, 04:16 PM
Sidney H Bridge

jason moyer wrote:
> Larry wrote:
>

>>(I can
>>actually 4-wheel drift this thing and feel it)

> You really shouldn't be able to 4 wheel drift a high-downforce car.

Quite right. Don't people spout the oddest things when they try to impress!
Old September 15th 05, 07:16 PM

If the car's handling is balanced, and the driver takes it right up to
the limit of traction, why wouldn't the car drift? I don't know if F1
drivers get to the point where it drifts or not, but would be surprised
if they don't.

Old September 15th 05, 08:07 PM
Larry

You haven't seen me drive on a road course

-Larry

Old September 15th 05, 10:16 PM
jason moyer

Sidney H Bridge wrote:

> They drift when they club the curbs and unweight the car. Doesn't do
> much for their lap times though!

A wing traveling sideways doesn't produce downforce. I've seen F1 cars
slide at low speeds and once at high speed (Kimi at Spa, altho I
suspect luck had something to do with saving that), but 99.9% of the
time when a high-downforce car starts to slide at high speed it's going
off the track.

I believe it was Larry who complained that the GTP mod is "grip grip
grip chirp gone" and pretty much that's the behavior I'd expect from a
car with ground effect (or a diffuser) and tons of downforce.

Try the F1 cars in F1C or Rfactor sometime with the "downforce drop off
caused by yaw" or whatever it's called set to 1.0, imho it improves the
behavior of the car at speed substantially since the wings are no
longer providing grip when they're traveling sideways.

Old September 15th 05, 10:21 PM
jason moyer

Sidney H Bridge wrote:

> Quite right. Don't people spout the oddest things when they try to impress!

You've officially supplanted Fredrickson as the biggest dip**** on this
newgroup. Congrats!

Old September 16th 05, 06:42 PM
Sidney H Bridge

jason moyer wrote:
> Sidney H Bridge wrote:
>

>>Quite right. Don't people spout the oddest things when they try to impress!

> You've officially supplanted Fredrickson as the biggest dip**** on this
> newgroup. Congrats!

You being in charge of official statements on behalf of RAS, of course.
Old September 16th 05, 06:47 PM
Mitch_A

He's just an arrogant **** isnt he. LOL...

Old September 16th 05, 07:32 PM
Tony Rickard

All together now:

All: I'd like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony
Mitch: I'd like to hold it in my arms
DGF: And keep it company
Byron: (That's the song I hear)
Jason: I'd like to see the world for once
DGF, Mitch & John: (Let the world sing today)
All: All standing hand in hand
And hear them echo through the hills
Sidney: For peace throughout the land
All: That's the song I hear
Flightless VacuumThat's the song I hear)
All: Let the world sing today
John Simmons: (Let the whole wide world keep singing)
All: A song of peace that echoes on
Reggie White: And never goes away

Phew, that's RAS sorted now for the F1 group...

Old September 16th 05, 09:00 PM
Tony Rickard

elrikk wrote:

>>All together now:
>>
>>All: I'd like to teach the world to sing

<snip>

>>Phew, that's RAS sorted now for the F1 group...

> LOL ;o)
>
> Sort of reminds me of John Lennon. "Imagine . . . "
>
> Be great though.
>
> Elrikk

Nah, I'm saving that one for r.a.s.f1. They are seriously at odds with
one another. Heck, even DGF bailed out of that one!

The dangers of DRLs 223rem Driving 399 July 25th 05 11:28 PM
Great Cars on PBS Randall Post VW air cooled 0 July 9th 05 05:42 PM
FS: 1991 "Classic Cars" (Of The World) Cards with Box J.R. Sinclair General 0 May 27th 04 07:31 AM
Women driven cars aniram General 43 April 8th 04 06:51 AM
Dream Cars, The Best Cars in the World Rare Old Things Antique cars 0 February 14th 04 05:38 AM