Sports Car GT & Windows XP Professional

Old July 13th 05, 03:07 AM

Default Sports Car GT & Windows XP Professional

I have downloaded and installed the demo, however the game crashes
right after displaying the Image Space Inc. logo. Will this game not
run in Windows XP Professional SP2??

TIA!

Steve
Old July 13th 05, 05:59 PM
Bob Simpson

I heard that SCGT won't run under SP2. That's one reason that I
uninstalled that service pack.

Old July 13th 05, 06:36 PM

It's pretty old - mind if I ask why you're running it? The GTR demo
would be so much more fun - or LFS, for that matter .
First thing I would try is running in compatibility mode - right-click
on the launch shortcut and choose properties to access the launch
settings.

HTH,
Kendt

Old July 13th 05, 09:51 PM
none

Sounds like others are having issues with SP2 and SCGT as well.
http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=183485
But one user has success
"I have two PC's both with XP and SP2 and SCGT works on it.
I have updated a dll for the sound and done the few tweaks like running it
in 98 comatibility mode and setting CD to random acces as described here
http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=176175ù
but in the end it works. "

Old July 14th 05, 12:33 AM

On 13 Jul 2005 09:59:05 -0700, "Bob Simpson" >
wrote:

>I heard that SCGT won't run under SP2. That's one reason that I
>uninstalled that service pack.

Unfortunately my XP disc has SP2 integrated into it. Bummer eh?
Old July 14th 05, 12:37 AM

On 13 Jul 2005 10:36:05 -0700, "
> wrote:

>It's pretty old - mind if I ask why you're running it? The GTR demo
>would be so much more fun - or LFS, for that matter .
>First thing I would try is running in compatibility mode - right-click
>on the launch shortcut and choose properties to access the launch
>settings.
>
>HTH,
>Kendt

Thanks a for the info. Switching to compatability mode works, now I
cant get the demo to recognize ANY of my wheels. Ughh!!

Anyway, I have GTR (just bought it) - and yes it is quite fun! I USED
to have SCGT way back when. I LOVED that game. Since switching
computers recently (hence XP w/ SP2) I can not find my SCGT disc, and
downloaded the demo to see if it would even work. Well it loads and
runs now (thanks to your info), but I cant get a controller to work.
Oh well, I will keep searching ot try and find out what gives. Thanks
again for the help!

Steve
Old July 15th 05, 09:15 PM
Larry

SCGT is an awesome game. I think it's why I like rFactor so much, it
_feels_ a lot like SCGT to me.

-Larry

oups.com...