Hmmmm?

Old October 26th 04, 03:09 PM
DP

Default Hmmmm?

http://www.bmw.com/3seriessedan/

--
http://www.prohor.hr/land.htm

Old October 26th 04, 04:08 PM
Frank Kemper

"DP" > haute in die Tasten:

> http://www.bmw.com/3seriessedan/

My personal opinion? Looks better than the E46. But let's wait unil I have seen one in
real.

Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance
Old October 26th 04, 06:40 PM
Fred W.

"Frank Kemper" > wrote in message
> "DP" > haute in die Tasten:
>
>> http://www.bmw.com/3seriessedan/

> My personal opinion? Looks better than the E46. But let's wait unil I have
> seen one in
> real.

I agree. This is the best looking design that has come from BMW in quite
some time now. The iDrive is optional (as it should be). The only question
is, can the active steering and run-flat tires be deleted as well?

Personally, I think that BMWNA would do well to bring the 4 cyl and diesel
to the US, though past history suggests we will just get the two 6 cyl
engines.

-Fred W

Old October 26th 04, 10:12 PM
Frank Kemper

"Fred W." <Fred.Wills@'remove this to reply to' myrealbox.com> haute in
die Tasten:

> Personally, I think that BMWNA would do well to bring the 4 cyl and
> diesel to the US, though past history suggests we will just get the
> two 6 cyl engines.

I drive an inline6, and I have tried BMW 4-bangers. Believe me: they are
not the right stuff.

Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance
Old October 26th 04, 11:03 PM
Ashley Meson

"DP" > wrote in message
> http://www.bmw.com/3seriessedan/
>

> --
> http://www.prohor.hr/land.htm

Love the front, retained that typical bmw agression.

However i really dont like the rear.....................

But i said that about the e60 and i actually like the rear end style now,
but still dislike the front.

Whats going on lol!

Ash

Old October 26th 04, 11:05 PM
Dave Plowman (News)

In article >,
Frank Kemper > wrote:
> > Personally, I think that BMWNA would do well to bring the 4 cyl and
> > diesel to the US, though past history suggests we will just get the
> > two 6 cyl engines.
> >

> I drive an inline6, and I have tried BMW 4-bangers. Believe me: they are
> not the right stuff.

They are excellent four cylinder engines.

--
*One of us is thinking about sex... OK, it's me.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old October 27th 04, 10:30 AM
Frank Kemper

"Dave Plowman (News)" > haute in die Tasten:

> They are excellent four cylinder engines.

Okay, but if you plan to buy a BMW and cannot afford a six cylinder engine, you should
beware of test driving one, because afterwards you will not like the 4-banger anymore.

The mean thing ist this: It can be dangerous for your wallet to find out wether I am
right or not;-)

Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance
Old October 27th 04, 12:54 PM
Dave Plowman (News)

In article >,
Frank Kemper > wrote:
> > They are excellent four cylinder engines.
> >

> Okay, but if you plan to buy a BMW and cannot afford a six cylinder
> engine, you should beware of test driving one, because afterwards you
> will not like the 4-banger anymore.

Depends. The 4 cylinder cars often handle better.

> The mean thing ist this: It can be dangerous for your wallet to find out
> wether I am right or not;-)

With the E39, plenty say this about 8 versus 6 cylinders. It would be
surprising if the more expensive variant wasn't better in some ways. But
not necessarily all.
Fuel consumption and depreciation might make all the difference between
affording a low spec BMW against a lesser make. ;-)

--
*If you ate pasta and anti-pasta, would you still be hungry?

Old October 27th 04, 01:35 PM
Fred W.

"Frank Kemper" > wrote in message
> "Dave Plowman (News)" > haute in die Tasten:
>
>> They are excellent four cylinder engines.
>>

> Okay, but if you plan to buy a BMW and cannot afford a six cylinder
> engine, you should
> beware of test driving one, because afterwards you will not like the
> 4-banger anymore.
>
> The mean thing ist this: It can be dangerous for your wallet to find out
> wether I am
> right or not;-)

I actually agree with both of you! I think BMW makes the best engines in
each category. My original point was that in the US market, they have
backed themselves out of the mainstream markets by only importing the higher
performance engines. I would like to see them offer the fours again (and
diesels) as well as have some models avail;able with scaled down options.

My thought is that the choice between a "stripper" BMW 318i and a "loaded"
Honda Accord or Toyota Camry might be worth having. I know that given the
choice, personally I would go with the 318i and forgo the
heated-power-leather seats, power remote door locking, sunroof, and fancy
stereo for the solid handling of the BMW. But I suppose that you could say
I'm predisposed to bimmers and other consumers might not find the choice so
tough?

Having mainstream market cars might help erode some of the "snob appeal"
that seems to infect the BMW brand image now. But perhaps that is
intentional...

-Fred W

Old October 27th 04, 03:50 PM
Dave Plowman (News)

In article >,
pete > wrote:
> I had a BMW 320i 6 cylinder for about two weeks and took it back and
> traded it for a V8 E39. Neither car is anywhere near as nimble as my
> Polo around town or country lanes but the V8 is just so superior in
> every way and has changed my driving habits for the better too. I no
> longer feel as if I have to overtake everything on the road and I no
> longer get stressed when the car in front is going too slow. This car
> has probably saved me getting points on my licence;-)

Just don't try an E39 530. It has rather better steering (rack and pinion
as opposed to recirculating ball) and a better weight distribution than
the V8. Little difference in performance, but much better economy. ;-)

--
*Red meat is not bad for you. Fuzzy green meat is bad for you.