BMW crash worthiness

Old September 11th 07, 12:58 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dodgy

Default BMW crash worthiness

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 19:51:12 GMT, "Tommy" > waffled on
about something:

>Euro NCAP give the car 2stars out of 5 (not Good)
>
>http://www.euroncap.com/tests/bmw_3_series_1997/15.aspx

I remember seeing the E36 not coming out very well either. However
mine stood up very well when white pickup man decided to park himself
in the back of me at 30mph.

One of us drove home... And the other had a space hopper in his face,
no windscreen, radiator, front lights and a bonnet a foot shorter.

Dodgy.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES
Old September 28th 07, 03:59 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Sam Smith[_2_]

Dodgy wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 19:51:12 GMT, "Tommy" > waffled on
> about something:
>
>> Euro NCAP give the car 2stars out of 5 (not Good)
>>
>> http://www.euroncap.com/tests/bmw_3_series_1997/15.aspx

> I remember seeing the E36 not coming out very well either. However
> mine stood up very well when white pickup man decided to park himself
> in the back of me at 30mph.

I had a landrover with a tow-bar reverse into the offside rear door on
my E36 at full speed and it hardly dented it - I was pleasantly surprised.

---
Sam
Old September 28th 07, 06:31 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dave Plowman (News)

In article >,
Sam Smith > wrote:
> Dodgy wrote:
> > On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 19:51:12 GMT, "Tommy" > waffled on
> > about something:
> >
> >> Euro NCAP give the car 2stars out of 5 (not Good)
> >>
> >> http://www.euroncap.com/tests/bmw_3_series_1997/15.aspx

> > I remember seeing the E36 not coming out very well either. However
> > mine stood up very well when white pickup man decided to park himself
> > in the back of me at 30mph.

> I had a landrover with a tow-bar reverse into the offside rear door on
> my E36 at full speed and it hardly dented it - I was pleasantly
> surprised.

Crikey. My E39 is forever collecting small dents from things like
supermarket trolleys and other's car doors. Far more so than any other car
I've owned. I put it down to the steel being paper thin.

--
*Many hamsters only blink one eye at a time *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.