2006 Liberty Enhanced Seat Belt Alert

Old March 16th 07, 02:03 AM posted to alt.jeep-l,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Flagman

Default 2006 Liberty Enhanced Seat Belt Alert

Page 45 of the Jeep 2006 Liberty manual talks about an Enhanced Seat Belt
Alert System (BeltAlert) that includes warnings when the front passenger
belt is not buckled. The manual does not state "--if equipped" for this
feature, as it does with certain options, so it would appear that this is
standard. Can't seem to get it to work. Tried following the programming
tips for this feature--- that didn't work. The dealer tried both manual
programming and hooking it up to his diagnostics, but could not find the
"program" is that machine. Drivers side works fine, but not the passenger
side. Unfortunately, at this point, the dealer is clueless. Does anyone
know if this was an optional feature, or if it was standard on the basic
Liberty 2006? Thanks in advance for any help.

Old March 16th 07, 03:40 AM posted to alt.jeep-l,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III

That irritates most to the point the pull the buzzer, and disconnect the
wire leading the buckle. Don't ever put a pile of books, etc. one the
passenger seat?
God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 16th 07, 06:28 AM posted to alt.jeep-l,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Scott

What are you trying to accomplish?

Scott

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 01:03:53 GMT, "Flagman"

Old March 16th 07, 11:52 AM posted to alt.jeep-l,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
B A R R Y

Flagman wrote:
> Page 45 of the Jeep 2006 Liberty manual talks about an Enhanced Seat Belt
> Alert System (BeltAlert) that includes warnings when the front passenger
> belt is not buckled.

These warnings usually sense the presence of a front passenger, and are
also usually capable of determining if the passenger is in certain
weight ranges. This accomplishes two things:

1.) There is no warning alarm if there is no passenger detected and the
seatbelt isn't buckled.

2.) The passenger side airbag can fire at different force levels (or
possibly not at all), based on right seat passenger body weight and
presence.

My 2005 Toyota Tacoma has a similar system that will bring in an alarm
if there is a decent weight (like my flight bag) on the front seat. I
simply buckle the belt behind the cargo to clear the alarm.

If you get an alarm with nothing on the seat, the system is broken and
you need a dealer with a clue. I think these systems are Federal
mandates, so they probably can't be defeated. I'm not sure why you
would want to defeat the system for other reasons, as most states
require front seat passengers to be belted in, and seat belts are an
excellent idea when offroading.

Remember, an unbelted passenger can possibly kill YOU, the driver, as
they may become a projectile during a crash.
Old March 16th 07, 03:17 PM posted to alt.jeep-l,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Flagman

Hi Scott--

Simply trying to find out from folks who have the basic 2006 Liberty if
"BeltAlert" function works of their vehicles.

Old March 17th 07, 02:29 AM posted to alt.jeep-l,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
philthy[_1_]

the option is the chaime that is shut off and turned on
the lite will always show on the dash as long as the belt is not latched
federal law requires this now

Old March 17th 07, 03:16 AM posted to alt.jeep-l,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Sandstone

Flagman wrote:
> Page 45 of the Jeep 2006 Liberty manual talks about an Enhanced Seat Belt
> Alert System (BeltAlert) that includes warnings when the front passenger
> belt is not buckled. The manual does not state "--if equipped" for this
> feature, as it does with certain options, so it would appear that this is
> standard. Can't seem to get it to work. Tried following the programming
> tips for this feature--- that didn't work. The dealer tried both manual
> programming and hooking it up to his diagnostics, but could not find the
> "program" is that machine. Drivers side works fine, but not the passenger
> side. Unfortunately, at this point, the dealer is clueless. Does anyone
> know if this was an optional feature, or if it was standard on the basic
> Liberty 2006? Thanks in advance for any help.

I've got a 2006 liberty and I get an alarm if someone's sitting in the
passenger seat w/o a buckled seat belt. Don't get an alarm if no one is
sitting in the passenger seat. AFAIK this is standard. Mine worked like
this from the get go - never had to activate it in any way.

Eric

Seat Belt Pin Mike Y Chrysler 3 January 25th 07 01:16 AM
Source for a Liberty 2006 Service Manual Scott Jeep 8 September 15th 06 02:52 AM
2006 Liberty Sport Window Tint Rusty Nale Jeep 3 July 15th 06 01:41 AM
Seat Belt Sags! Brian Spotts Honda 1 January 21st 06 05:51 PM
89 LX vert seat belt ? Howard Nelson Ford Mustang 6 November 8th 05 05:19 AM