rfactor: I cannot chat

Old September 17th 05, 03:31 PM
Rolf Wesemann

Default rfactor: I cannot chat

Hi to everyone,

I have a decent problem: I cannot chat. I see the window, click inside and
it is impossible to add text.
I think, I have to edit some lines, but don't know where and what.

In all other games, like GPL, F1C etc it is working fine.

Can someone help me out?

Rolf

Old September 17th 05, 04:29 PM
Tony Rickard

Rolf Wesemann wrote:
> Hi to everyone,
>
> I have a decent problem: I cannot chat. I see the window, click inside and
> it is impossible to add text.
> I think, I have to edit some lines, but don't know where and what.
>
> In all other games, like GPL, F1C etc it is working fine.
>
> Can someone help me out?
>
> Rolf

Rolf, you need to click in the shaded box beneath the chat window to
enter your text

Hope this helps
Cheers
Tony
Old September 17th 05, 04:58 PM
Alan Bernardo

"Tony Rickard" > wrote in message
.uk...
> Rolf Wesemann wrote:
>> Hi to everyone,
>>
>> I have a decent problem: I cannot chat. I see the window, click inside
>> and it is impossible to add text.
>> I think, I have to edit some lines, but don't know where and what.
>>
>> In all other games, like GPL, F1C etc it is working fine.
>>
>> Can someone help me out?
>>
>> Rolf

> Rolf, you need to click in the shaded box beneath the chat window to enter
> your text
>
> Hope this helps
> Cheers
> Tony

Another common-sense move, don't you think?

Alanb

Old September 17th 05, 05:55 PM
Jan Verschueren

"Rolf Wesemann" wrote...
> Hi to everyone,
>
> I have a decent problem: I cannot chat. I see the window,
> click inside and it is impossible to add text.
> I think, I have to edit some lines, but don't know where
> and what.
>
> In all other games, like GPL, F1C etc it is working fine.
>
> Can someone help me out?

You need to click in the dark bit at the bottom... took me more than 2 hours
playing online to figure that one out as well. <g>

Jan.
=---

Old September 18th 05, 10:05 AM
Byron Forbes

"Tony Rickard" > wrote in message
.uk...
> Rolf Wesemann wrote:
>> Hi to everyone,
>>
>> I have a decent problem: I cannot chat. I see the window, click inside
>> and it is impossible to add text.
>> I think, I have to edit some lines, but don't know where and what.
>>
>> In all other games, like GPL, F1C etc it is working fine.
>>
>> Can someone help me out?
>>
>> Rolf

> Rolf, you need to click in the shaded box beneath the chat window to enter
> your text

Shaded? You're too kind! It is a joke how you need to know that is there
rather than it being in plain site. And forget about typing anything long -
make a mistake at the start and you need to delete all after it!

Old September 18th 05, 04:53 PM
Rolf Wesemann

Jan, you made my day. Chat is working now! Credits are growing ;-))

Thank you so much
Rolf

Car chat rooms? js5895 Driving 5 March 18th 05 06:28 AM
New year chat? Olli Lammi VW air cooled 2 December 27th 04 04:29 AM
Marc Trahan chat stylin Audi 0 November 17th 04 09:45 PM
chat Aivlas 4x4 0 June 27th 04 01:25 AM