GT Legends torrent not working?

Old August 17th 05, 10:44 AM
ZZ Busch

Default GT Legends torrent not working?

Hi folks,

I found the torrent link on torrentspy.com, but when I try download, I
get an error claiming "unrecognized host" showing my IP address (using
bittorrent on Gentoo Linux). Any ideas why this doesn't work as
expected?

Cheers, uwe

I got the same thing. Let it run for a while.

--
Richard "ZZ" Busch

GTRank

Member:
Screamers Racing League
oAo
AoA
MARA GTR
GT Rank +34.560
NGT Rank +37.765
GT Rank Monster +1163.777
GPL Rank + 14.768
MoGPL Rank + 308.654
N2003 Rank -18.8060
----------------
Remember racecar is racecar spelled backward
-----------------

<a
href="http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&amp;id=0&amp;t=1">Get
Firefox!</a>

Old August 17th 05, 12:48 PM
Edgecrusher

You probably have to register at some site to download it. Its not worth doing if the file isnt legal because its very
easy to get caught.

Steve

"Military intelligence, two words combined that can't make sense"

Old August 17th 05, 01:29 PM
Txl

I got 65% in 3.25 hours, torrent is working perfectly over here.

14 kb average speed, MUCH better than emule...

For what it's worht I use bitcomet 0.59 which is a good (small memory usage) torrent client, much better than azureus with the java stuff having to use a LOT of CPU and RAM...

--
Email contact

http://cerbermail.com/?ltQ8eCFmRa
Old August 17th 05, 02:23 PM
Txl

Le Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:19:56 +0200, Uwe Schürkamp > a écrit:

> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:44:08 GMT, ZZ Busch wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I found the torrent link on torrentspy.com, but when I try download, I
>> get an error claiming "unrecognized host" showing my IP address (using
>> bittorrent on Gentoo Linux). Any ideas why this doesn't work as
>> expected?
>>
>> Cheers, uwe
>>
>> I got the same thing. Let it run for a while.
>>

> I think you need to wait for 36h before being allowed to download? Ach
> whatever.
>
> To the other poster: I am not exactly sure this file would be illegal if
> it was freely available from their website, but then again IANAL.
>
> cheers, uwe

I'm at 79% now with estimated remaining time 1.15h, as soon as it's done I put it on emule if you want, but Uwe, try it with bitcomet, it has the trackerless feature (DHT) and you don't need to login on any site to get it.

www.bitcomet.com

Old August 18th 05, 10:43 AM
Jeff Reid

> You probably have to register at some site to download it. Its not worth doing if the
> file isnt legal because its very easy to get caught.

Unless you're find the seed in some non USA country, like Sweden, like pirate bay. There
have been numerous posts about their funny repsonses to legal threats from software vendors.
I've read a few and they are pretty funny ("please don't sue us, our lawyer is passed
out drunk right now ..."), this was in the response to EA. Apparently, Sweden law
doesn't consider bit torrent seeds as violating their (Sweden) copywright laws.

From what I read here, the demo has a way to go so I'll just wait. I got the German
version of GTR last November (with the German to English patch), and got the USA
version about 2 months ago. However, I've been playing a lot of different games
lately and haven't spent much time with GTR. My best lap at Spa with all assists
off is only 2:14.5, while I've seen replays of sub 2:10's (although which version
these were made with could have helped, as the original German version was a bit
faster (and less stable) than the current ones (1.3 or 1.4).

Old August 18th 05, 10:47 AM
Jeff Reid

> Unless you're find the seed in some non USA country, like Sweden, like pirate bay.

Oh, and before you go searching pirate bay, it's not there. Was just using that
site as example of a bit torrent site.

Old August 18th 05, 11:36 AM
Jeff Reid

>> Unless you're find the seed in some non USA country, like Sweden, like pirate bay.
>
> Oh, and before you go searching pirate bay, it's not there. Was just using that
> site as example of a bit torrent site.

Also since the demo is available at the official site, there's no need to use
a bit torrent version.

A/C working improperly 2ball Honda 2 August 29th 05 08:49 PM
Power Outlets Not Working courtneyk Mazda 3 July 28th 05 04:05 AM
turning signals stopped working on Camry 98, Help SHUSSBAR Technology 3 April 30th 05 10:38 PM
NSR: Throttle not working all of a sudden! pw Simulators 1 March 6th 05 11:55 PM
Help! Front windshield wipers stopped working! GA Jeep 12 December 12th 04 03:35 PM