CO Wants to Make I-70 a TOLL ROAD

Old March 31st 08, 12:54 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.trucking,alt.politics,misc.transport.road
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default CO Wants to Make I-70 a TOLL ROAD

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_8722798

$5 tolls for I-70 given a little gas
Residents lambaste idea, but legislators move it along
By John Ingold
The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 03/28/2008 06:33:14 AM MDT

A plan to charge up to $5 in tolls on Interstate 70 west of Denver took a
pummeling from mountain residents and officials Thursday but emerged alive
after a state Senate committee hearing.

A second proposal to charge tolls on I-70 during peak traffic times didn't
fare as well and was postponed indefinitely.

Senate Bill 213, by Senate Minority Leader Andy McElhany, R-Colorado
Springs, passed the Senate Transportation Committee 5-2 after about two
hours of heated and lopsided testimony.

McElhany said the state must come up with money to fix the often gridlocked
highway.

"There is no free lunch," he said.

(snip)
Old March 31st 08, 05:17 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.trucking,alt.politics,misc.transport.road
necromancer[_4_]

SFB spewed:

>http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_8722798
>
>$5 tolls for I-70 given a little gas
>Residents lambaste idea, but legislators move it along

<< snip article >>

You don't like paying the toll, then don't use the highway. Problem
solved.

--
Loco Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend indicates that it
drives sleepy on a routine basis

"The main purpose is to wake up dangerous psychos who
drive while sleepy."

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/j3hxa
Message ID:
Old March 31st 08, 05:44 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.trucking,alt.politics,misc.transport.road
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, necromancer wrote:
>SFB spewed:
>

>>http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_8722798
>>
>>$5 tolls for I-70 given a little gas
>>Residents lambaste idea, but legislators move it along

><< snip article >>
>
>You don't like paying the toll, then don't use the highway. Problem
>solved.

The way that states are seeking to make existing roads into toll roads
to raise general revenue funds and create public(costs)-private(profits)
partnerships for the companies that lobby (bribe/contribute) is a rather
disturbing trend.

That said, it might be worth it if the toll roads trapped judy's beater
where ever it is parked.

Old March 31st 08, 06:51 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.trucking,alt.politics,misc.transport.road
necromancer[_4_]

SFB spewed:

>On Mar 30, 10:17 pm, necromancer
>>
>> You don't like paying the toll, then don't use the highway. Problem
>> solved.

>Now that is really stupid.

You don't like paying the toll, then don't use the highway. Problem
solved.

>Tolls are nothing but taxes meaninglegalized stealing.

No its not, speedie. You have a choice: use the road and pay the toll
or don't pay the toll and get off the road. Or are you telling us you
are one of those criminal drivers who runs toll booths?

> You govt shills are pathetic.

I like toll roads... No POS beaters on them as their owners can't
afford the toll....

--
Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS admits to
being a toll cheat and running the toll booths

"Now that is really stupid. Tolls are nothing but
taxes meaninglegalized stealing. You govt shills
are pathetic."

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/34ly8q
Message ID:
Old March 31st 08, 08:41 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.trucking,alt.politics,misc.transport.road
Whitelightning

"necromancer" > wrote in
message ...

> You don't like paying the toll, then don't use the highway. Problem
> solved.
>
>>Tolls are nothing but taxes meaninglegalized stealing.

> I like toll roads... No POS beaters on them as their owners can't
> afford the toll....

You'll have the beaters because there isn't another road you can run. You
have an option east of Denver, you can run SR-36. But going west there
isn't another option, especially if your in a truck, so its a forced tax.
And that you are tickled pink to pay twice to drive the same piece of
asphalt speaks volumes. If Colorado didnt raid its highway fund for
everything under the sun, they like most states who do the same damn thing,
would have the funds to maintain and upgrade highways.

Whitelightning

Old March 31st 08, 08:58 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.trucking,alt.politics,misc.transport.road

On Mar 31, 11:41*am, "Whitelightning" >
wrote:
> "necromancer" > wrote in
> messagenews:vn82v3dsuov6tlgorqtvoomta3b1rshmvc@4ax .com...
>

> > You don't like paying the toll, then don't use the highway. Problem
> > solved.

> >>Tolls are nothing but taxes meaninglegalized stealing.

> > I like toll roads... No POS beaters on them as their owners can't
> > afford the toll....

> You'll have the beaters because there isn't another road you can run. You
> have an option east of Denver, you can run SR-36. *But going west there
> isn't another option, especially if your in a truck, so its a forced tax.
> And that you are tickled pink to pay twice to drive the same piece of
> asphalt speaks volumes. *If Colorado didnt raid its highway fund for
> everything under the sun, they like most states who do the same damn thing,
> would have the funds to maintain and upgrade highways.
>
> Whitelightning

There is a big problem here..
I-70 is part of the FEDERAL interstate system.
Federal tax money went into building it - with the expectation that
Federal citizens would enjoy their tax money at work... without being
CHARGED/TAXED for the right to use it.

Here then comes the *state government* trying to *sell federal
property* so that the state and the private company (usually a FOREIGN
company) can force federal citizens to pay for the use of THEIR OWN
PROPERTY !!!

I don't care what any of the neocon agents here are squealing about...
this is ANTI-CONSTITUTIONAL.
This is a crime.

But what this is.. is a
Old March 31st 08, 11:43 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.trucking,alt.politics,misc.transport.road
Douglas W. \Popeye\ Frederick

wrote:
> "necromancer" > wrote in
> messagenews:vn82v3dsuov6tlgorqtvoomta3b1rshmvc@4ax .com...
>

> > You don't like paying the toll, then don't use the highway. Problem
> > solved.

> >>Tolls are nothing but taxes meaninglegalized stealing.

> > I like toll roads... No POS beaters on them as their owners can't
> > afford the toll....

> You'll have the beaters because there isn't another road you can run. You
> have an option east of Denver, you can run SR-36. But going west there
> isn't another option, especially if your in a truck, so its a forced tax.
> And that you are tickled pink to pay twice to drive the same piece of
> asphalt speaks volumes. If Colorado didnt raid its highway fund for
> everything under the sun, they like most states who do the same damn
> thing,
> would have the funds to maintain and upgrade highways.
>
> Whitelightning

There is a big problem here..
I-70 is part of the FEDERAL interstate system.
Federal tax money went into building it - with the expectation that
Federal citizens would enjoy their tax money at work... without being
CHARGED/TAXED for the right to use it.

Educate yourself, brother.

You're wrong, and Wikipedia is free.

The article on the Eisenhower Interstate System is fascinating, and
a -must- for the educated trucker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_Highway_System

Here then comes the *state government* trying to *sell federal
property* so that the state and the private company (usually a FOREIGN
company) can force federal citizens to pay for the use of THEIR OWN
PROPERTY !!!

I don't care what any of the neocon agents

You mindless libs are getting set to lose your third presidency in a
row to total second-raters.

Must be kinda embarrassing to know that know matter how stupid you
accuse the Neocons of being, at every chance, you, by implication and
accomplishment, are stupider yet.

Funny, or sad?

here are squealing about...
this is ANTI-CONSTITUTIONAL.
This is a crime.

But what this is.. is a

A skilled, armed man lives on a plane of security and contentment
different from that of others. The man who cannot cut it, envies,
fears and sometimes hates the man who can. -Cooper

Popeye/ www.finalprotectivefire.com

Old April 1st 08, 01:02 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.trucking,alt.politics,misc.transport.road
US 71

Why don't they use the extortion money they get from E 470 to fix the roads?

Old April 1st 08, 02:59 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.trucking,alt.politics,misc.transport.road

On Mar 31, 10:55 am, "Paul L" > wrote:
> "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote in
>
> > On Mar 30, 10:17 pm, necromancer

> >> You don't like paying the toll, then don't use the highway. Problem
> >> solved.

> > Now that is really stupid. Tolls are nothing but taxes meaning
> > legalized stealing. You govt shills are pathetic.

> The purpose of the toll is to fund a solution to the
> mess that I-70 has become. How much does it cost
> for thousands of cars to take three hours to make
> a trip that should take 40 minutes ?

Don't give me that "opportunity cost" BS. If these rednecks weren't on
the road they'd be home hittin' the bottle and the bitch and the
brats.
Old April 1st 08, 12:17 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,talk.politics.misc,misc.transport.trucking,alt.politics,misc.transport.road
Douglas W. \Popeye\ Frederick

"Dave" > wrote in message
>> There is a big problem here..
>> I-70 is part of the FEDERAL interstate system.
>> Federal tax money went into building it - with the expectation that
>> Federal citizens would enjoy their tax money at work... without being
>> CHARGED/TAXED for the right to use it.
>>
>> Educate yourself, brother.
>>
>> You're wrong, and Wikipedia is free.
>>
>> The article on the Eisenhower Interstate System is fascinating, and
>> a -must- for the educated trucker.
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_Highway_System
>>
>> Here then comes the *state government* trying to *sell federal
>> property*

> (snip)
>
> Oh that's hilarious!!! Here someone makes a strong argument, supports
> that
> argument with a link to wiki, and yet doesn't even bother to READ the
> referenced web page, which clearly shows that he is WRONG.
>
> "While Interstate highways usually receive substantial federal funding and
> comply with federal standards, they are owned, built, and operated by the
> states or toll authorities."
>
> Talk about embarrassing. -Dave

Dude.

He made the statement about the highways being federal.

I told him he was wrong, and provided the link.

For future reference, Vista Windows Mail seems to have an issue with
delineation marks between some mail clients, which is why my response is
indented differently than his post.

Read carefully.

Attribute carefully.

And yes, mistakes like that are embarrassing.