97 accord engine noise

Old December 19th 06, 05:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 97 accord engine noise

Hi guys,

I have a 97 accord with an a/t. There is a strange noise coming from the
engine. The noise is constant and it is similar to what you hear when you
engage the first gear or to a lesser extent the reverse gear on a stick
shift car. The noise is not there when the car is in neutral no matter how
much I rev the engine. Secondly, the noise intensity is related to the
accelerator at least at lower speeds. At higher speeds ~70mph I dont hear
the noise or I cannot hear the noise dont know which one is true. At slower
speeds ~30mph if I push the accelerator hard the noise increases. Any
guesses?

Thanks,
Wajahat

Old December 19th 06, 05:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

w wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have a 97 accord with an a/t. There is a strange noise coming from the
> engine. The noise is constant and it is similar to what you hear when you
> engage the first gear or to a lesser extent the reverse gear on a stick
> shift car. The noise is not there when the car is in neutral no matter how
> much I rev the engine. Secondly, the noise intensity is related to the
> accelerator at least at lower speeds. At higher speeds ~70mph I dont hear
> the noise or I cannot hear the noise dont know which one is true. At slower
> speeds ~30mph if I push the accelerator hard the noise increases. Any
> guesses?
>
> Thanks,
> Wajahat

when did you last check the transmission fluid level?
Old December 19th 06, 05:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Transmission fluid was replaced 3000 miles ago

t...

Old December 19th 06, 05:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

w wrote:
> Transmission fluid was replaced 3000 miles ago

but when did you last check the level? it may not have been filled
correctly.

Old December 19th 06, 05:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

I never checked the level after that. How can I check?

t...

Old December 19th 06, 05:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

w wrote:
> I never checked the level after that. How can I check?

there's a dip stick - location and instructions located in the owner's
manual.

Old December 19th 06, 11:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Andy & Carol

Did you use Honda Transmission fluid? I hope you
didn't have one of those speedy transmission places
flush, that a no,no!

Old December 19th 06, 02:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

"w" > wrote in :

> Hi guys,
>
> I have a 97 accord with an a/t. There is a strange noise coming from
> the engine. The noise is constant and it is similar to what you hear
> when you engage the first gear or to a lesser extent the reverse gear
> on a stick shift car. The noise is not there when the car is in
> neutral no matter how much I rev the engine. Secondly, the noise
> intensity is related to the accelerator at least at lower speeds. At
> higher speeds ~70mph I dont hear the noise or I cannot hear the noise
> dont know which one is true. At slower speeds ~30mph if I push the
> accelerator hard the noise increases. Any guesses?

When was the timing belt replaced last?

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old December 20th 06, 04:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

The car has 44k miles on it and has been garaged most of the time. I checked
the fluid and the level....the fluid was red and the level was full....I
dont think I had the speedy thing done...

Wajahat

Old December 22nd 06, 03:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
E Meyer

There is a dipstick in the top of the transaxle. Look down in there on the
side of the engine that does not have accessory belts and you should find
it. Your owners manual will tell you how to check it. You should also
verify that they used Honda fluid.

On 12/18/06 11:45 PM, in article , "w"