High performance brake padd

Old December 19th 06, 08:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
INTEGRA94RS

Default High performance brake padd

SO i failed inspection at pepboys and they said my rear brakes failed.
so they changed them and now i hear a sqeaking sound coming from my
back tires. its not a continous sound. it probably squeaks 2 times as
the back tire make a complete turn on the ground.
they said since i have cross drilled rotors and that i had high
performance brake pads before that the new ceramic brakes are the
reason for the noise. now im tryin to look for high performance brake
pads but i dont just wanna waste more money and the noise still comes
back. i need help in this if anyone has had this problem. or they know
wat brake pads work with cross drilled rotors. i would appreciate it.
ALSO a guy from autozone told me that carbon metallic brakes will fix
the problem but again i dunno.

Old December 20th 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

"INTEGRA94RS" > wrote in
oups.com:

> SO i failed inspection at pepboys and they said my rear brakes failed.
> so they changed them and now i hear a sqeaking sound coming from my
> back tires. its not a continous sound. it probably squeaks 2 times as
> the back tire make a complete turn on the ground.
> they said since i have cross drilled rotors and that i had high
> performance brake pads before that the new ceramic brakes are the
> reason for the noise. now im tryin to look for high performance brake
> pads but i dont just wanna waste more money and the noise still comes
> back. i need help in this if anyone has had this problem. or they know
> wat brake pads work with cross drilled rotors. i would appreciate it.
> ALSO a guy from autozone told me that carbon metallic brakes will fix
> the problem but again i dunno.

Have you any idea just how little work those rear brakes actually do?

Installing "high performance" rear brakes on a road-going Honda is akin to
having Nomex, 4-point harness, helmet and full rollcage while driving to
the grocery store.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old December 20th 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Andy & Carol

Go to your Honda dealer and get Honda pads, problem solved!

oups.com...

Old December 20th 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
INTEGRA94RS

Tegger wrote:
> "INTEGRA94RS" > wrote in
> oups.com:
>
> > SO i failed inspection at pepboys and they said my rear brakes failed.
> > so they changed them and now i hear a sqeaking sound coming from my
> > back tires. its not a continous sound. it probably squeaks 2 times as
> > the back tire make a complete turn on the ground.
> > they said since i have cross drilled rotors and that i had high
> > performance brake pads before that the new ceramic brakes are the
> > reason for the noise. now im tryin to look for high performance brake
> > pads but i dont just wanna waste more money and the noise still comes
> > back. i need help in this if anyone has had this problem. or they know
> > wat brake pads work with cross drilled rotors. i would appreciate it.
> > ALSO a guy from autozone told me that carbon metallic brakes will fix
> > the problem but again i dunno.
> >

> Have you any idea just how little work those rear brakes actually do?
>
> Installing "high performance" rear brakes on a road-going Honda is akin to
> having Nomex, 4-point harness, helmet and full rollcage while driving to
> the grocery store.
>
> --
> Tegger
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
> www.tegger.com/hondafaq/

I know its what i told pepboys....i said i barely use them. but they
said it failed inspection and they wouldnt pass me if i didnt change
it. but my car is stick and i do use the emergency brakes more often
than automatic.