G12 Coolant

Old October 6th 07, 03:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Wayne Faas

Default G12 Coolant

What is special about G12 Coolant?

Old October 6th 07, 04:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

http://www.germanautoparts.com/chemi...nts/Pentosin#2

Old October 7th 07, 05:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Wayne Faas

On 10/5/07 10:35 PM, in article
, "dave AKA vwdoc1"
> wrote:

> http://www.germanautoparts.com/chemi...nts/Pentosin#2
>

> "Wayne Faas" > wrote in message
>> What is special about G12 Coolant?

Thanks for the link. What happens if ethylene glycol anti-freeze (green) is
added to G12?

Old October 7th 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
No Spam Please

Jello, I believe.

Old October 7th 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
No Spam Please

Jello, I believe.

Old October 7th 07, 11:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

Yeah that is what I am told also about the gelling up of the coolant. I
have not seen that happen with coolant but I have with an oil cooler leaking
oil into the cooling system. UGLY creating an overheated situation!
Now I think the new G12+ is purple in color and should not be harmed if you
use some of the other G11 and G12 coolants. I think it is called a
"Universal" VW coolant now but it still looks pink/red to me.

Go down about 1/2 down and read the "VW procedures"
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread...ex+g05+coolant
Or read it all! ;-)
--
later,
dave

"No Spam Please" > wrote in message
> Jello, I believe.
>

> "Wayne Faas" > wrote in message
>>
>>> http://www.germanautoparts.com/chemi...nts/Pentosin#2

>> Thanks for the link. What happens if ethylene glycol anti-freeze (green)
>> is
>> added to G12?

Coolant loss, bubbling coolant [email protected] Jeep 13 July 2nd 06 07:07 PM
Coolant Smell : 2000 GT Rad, Coolant tank, or Intake. Blix Ford Mustang 7 December 1st 05 05:16 PM
Coolant pH eyes_2.4 Technology 10 November 8th 05 05:25 PM
can I mix a type 2 Honda coolant with traditional green coolant? [email protected] Honda 9 October 17th 05 08:06 PM
coolant again tcl Saturn 7 September 5th 05 02:39 AM