Fan Clutch Nut on 1993 Ford Explorer 4x4

Old January 14th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default Fan Clutch Nut on 1993 Ford Explorer 4x4

Does anyone know offhand the size of the fan clutch nut on the
Explorer(1993). I have to replace the fan blade and I only have 1" and
22mm as largest wrenches. Thanks in advance

Old January 15th 06, 10:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Does anyone know offhand the size of the fan clutch nut on the
> Explorer(1993). I have to replace the fan blade and I only have 1" and
> 22mm as largest wrenches. Thanks in advance

I dunno. I used an adjustable wrench.

Old January 15th 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

It must have been a BIG adjustable wrench.

I think they rent them or loan them at some auto parts stores.

I think it is a 1 1/2 inch or thereabouts. And I think the thread is a
right hand thread, meaning it turns opposite of most bolt/screw combos.

Old January 16th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

"Tommy Wood" > wrote in message
> It must have been a BIG adjustable wrench.
>
> I think they rent them or loan them at some auto parts stores.
>
> I think it is a 1 1/2 inch or thereabouts. And I think the thread is a
> right hand thread, meaning it turns opposite of most bolt/screw combos.

No, it says right on the radiator shroud that it is a regular left-hand
thread.

Old January 17th 06, 04:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Most bolts have right hand threads, meaning you turn the bolt clock wise to
tighten. Left hand bolts turn in the opposite direction, counterclockwise,
to tighten.
Ron