r.a.d. Observation

Old May 10th 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,rec.autos.driving
CobraJet[_2_]

Default r.a.d. Observation

In article >, GILL
> wrote:

> N8N wrote:
> > On May 10, 4:02 pm, CobraJet > wrote:
> >> In article >, Brent P

> >> No, just being a role model in case one of your rad pansies wants to
> >> man up.

> >> Prove it. The speed limits were raised here in Phx. a few years ago.
> >> You want to take credit for that, too?
> >>
> >> I take it you cross-posted this for a reason? Gee, I'm waiting for
> >> the wimps to kick my ass.

> > Geez, who would have thought that a Mustang aficionado would use
> > phrases like "man up" and then invite me to try to "kick his ass."
> > And you wonder why I don't hang out there. (well, aside from the fact
> > that I've never owned a Ford in my life.)
> >
> > Thanks for perpetuating the stereotype of a mullet-headed, PBR-
> > drinking moron. You're doing a great job, Brownie. Why don't you go
> > troll one of the ricer groups, that ought to be fun.
> >
> > Oh, and eat some Studebaker-powered tire bits. (since you had to go
> > there)
> >
> > nate
> >
> > ...certainly glad that the few vehicle-specific fora that I do
> > frequent don't generally exhibit this level of enlightened discourse...
> >

> Why is it that while reading this, I'm hearing it in a PeeWee Herman
> voice?

Because PeeWee would use a word like fora, drive a Stude with
disintegrating tires, and masturbate in a public place?

--
CobraJet
Old May 10th 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Spike wrote:

>>Your kind sickens me. You sit there and just live with each loss of
>>liberty in this nation, not just the games of driving, but all the games
>>and scams that are run on us as a people. You're kind is bigger cancer than
>>the evil of the "owners" as you called them could ever be.

> Society evolves; pity you didn't. :0)

Evolving implies moving forward. Rolling back how society functions
legally to the 12th century isn't.

Old May 10th 07, 11:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, CobraJet wrote:

>> Well at least you admit being a troll.

> Uh, doofus, who cross-posted me into rad? Damn, I think it was you.
> Did you really think that the omnipotent CobraJet would run and hide?

Irrelevant. A troll is a troll be it one group or thousands.

>> > Personal thanks to anyone involved in keeping the the fast lane
>> > clear while I peel the paint off the cars in the #2 lane.

>> It really wasn't all that long ago when Claybrookian logic still ruled,
>> and passing lane blocking was considered good. Lane blocking was an
>> accepted 'reality', just like under posted speed limits. Of course with
>> proper study and thusly being able to form well supported arguments for
>> lane discipline,

> Uh-oh, you used the D word. Isn't discipline ingrained in the
> philosophy of obedience? Isn't that something you yourself have a
> deep-seated issue with? And yet, you want to subject drivers to lane
> discipline. Hmmmm.

Now I have to explain basic language to you?

>> keep right except to pass laws have been spreading one
>> state to the next. It wasn't that long ago that KRETP was ridiculed and
>> attacked much like you and others do to the 85th percentile method today.

> I've never attacked the 85th percentile method. I don't know what it
> is, nor do I care. This whole exchange is about you and your paranoia.

At least you admit your ignorance and that you engage in ad hominem.
However, the exchange began because I mentioned the negative consquences
of under posted speed limits.

>> All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.
>> Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
>> Arthur Schopenhauer
>> German philosopher (1788 - 1860)

> Our society is notorious for creating new truths. For the new truth
> to be self-evident, the old truth must cease to be so. So, it appears
> that old Shopy left out the 4th stage: All truths must have a freshness
> date on them.

'speed kills' has been that moldy thing ignored in the back of the fridge
for all too long.

>> > If you used Google properly you would have discovered that this is
>> > probably the most futile gesture imagineable.

>> You have no shame or honor, so I suppose so.

> This is Usenet. Shame and honor have had no place here since its
> inception. If this is news to you, well, gosh, <cough>, I really don't
> know what to say. What a minute, did I just say that?

Well, it appears you have admitted you have no redeaming qualities. There
is only but one thing left to do. I think you know what that is.

Old May 11th 07, 12:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,rec.autos.driving
Nate Nagel[_2_]

CobraJet wrote:
> In article . com>, N8N
> > wrote:
>

>>On May 10, 4:02 pm, CobraJet > wrote:

>>> No, just being a role model in case one of your rad pansies wants to
>>>man up.

>>> Prove it. The speed limits were raised here in Phx. a few years ago.
>>>You want to take credit for that, too?
>>>
>>> I take it you cross-posted this for a reason? Gee, I'm waiting for
>>>the wimps to kick my ass.

>>Geez, who would have thought that a Mustang aficionado would use
>>phrases like "man up" and then invite me to try to "kick his ass."

> Does it unnerve you to see that not everyone has caved in to the
> Politically Correct feminization that society has foisted upon us? You
> guys whine about disappearing rights without realizing what has
> happened to the male gender.

Not at all. I think PCness in all forms is bull****, and I agree that
there is a difference between men and women and anyone who tries to take
"equality" to an extreme and insist that we're all exactly the same is
probably a little confused itself.

HOWEVER... when I stumble on a fresh thread and the first reply I see
invokes ass-kicking, well, I'm pretty much automatically siding with the
other guy. That was weak back in high school, and hasn't gotten any
better with age. Most people realize that once they're out in the Real
World(tm) that a) kicking someone's ass generally has unpleasant
consequences, so you don't do it and b) there's always someone bigger or
badder out there, or worse yet someone that knows some badass martial
art that'll be willing to stand up to your ****.

Most of the people I know over the age of 18 that would actually say
that with a straight face are on probation for something or other.

>>And you wonder why I don't hang out there.

> I do?
>

>>(well, aside from the fact
>>that I've never owned a Ford in my life.)

> Confessing your shortcomings is admireable.

*snork* yeah, people who worship at the church of a single manufacturer
of consumer goods are generally intelligent people. Let me remind you
that Ford is the company that brought us such "better ideas" as the
Twin-I-Beam front suspension and the Mustang II.

>>Thanks for perpetuating the stereotype of a mullet-headed, PBR-
>>drinking moron.

> Beer is for pansies. Never had a mullet. Try the Camaro group. I see
> you ASSume things just like Brently.

Hey, when the foo ****s. It's not like *all* the
Calvin-peeing-on-some-logo stickers I see are on Chevys.

>>You're doing a great job, Brownie. Why don't you go
>>troll one of the ricer groups, that ought to be fun.

> Uh, clubie, it was your boyfriend Brently that brought me here in a
> crosspost. Please thank *him* for my presence, OK?

You always stumble into a party and immediately start acting like an
asshole?

>>Oh, and eat some Studebaker-powered tire bits. (since you had to go
>>there)

> Stude? Hahahaha! Funny lookin' cars, those.

Yeah, the museum of modern art and thousands of Bonneville racers
obviously have **** for brains.

> Oh, I'm sorry, was that you kickin' my ass?

I dunno, what's an ass-kicking in your world?

>>nate
>>
>>...certainly glad that the few vehicle-specific fora that I do
>>frequent don't generally exhibit this level of enlightened discourse...
>>

> Will I be accepted here if I spend all day pulling up mundane news
> articles? I know I know! How about if I drive around filming
> oh-so-minor traffic action that happens a million times a day, being
> careful to edit out my own blunders?

I dunno, are they relevant to driving? Hey, here's an idea, why don't
you post some driving-related content? I agree with you on one thing,
RAD has become kind of stale what with the interminable threads trying
to reason with all the Joan Claybrook wannabe, drive-55-on-the-freeway
weenies.

> PLEASE let me in. I'm already an asshole;

Well, at least we have one thing in common.

> I just you to teach me how
> to whine!!!!!

here, have some cheese.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old May 11th 07, 12:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,rec.autos.driving
Nate Nagel[_2_]

CobraJet wrote:
> In article . com>, N8N
> > wrote:
>

>>On May 10, 2:15 pm, (Brent P)
>>wrote:

>>You do realize, don't you, that it's "geeks, dorks and nerds" that
>>spend time sitting behind their desks crunching numbers and/or at
>>dynos, flow benches, and test tracks observing minutae that make your
>>vehicle what it is? Without them, what would your car be like?

> But they are not whining paranoid schizophrenics that tell me
> society is going to bite me in the ass if I don't sympathize with them.
> Get it?

Ummm, no, not really.

>>Of course, without another subset of "geeks, dorks and nerds" you
>>wouldn't be able to post your message; there would be no Internet,
>>Usenet, WWW, or even BBSs without the people that made it possible.

> See above.
>

>>The very people you ridicule are responsible for so many of the things
>>in life that you take for granted. Now the question is, what do *you*
>>do for a living that contributes so much more to society than the jobs
>>only filled by "geeks, dorks, and nerds?"

> I'm semi-retired from the auto security industry, where I was from
> its infancy. You know, the people that made it possible to actually
> keep your vehicles in your possession so you could drive around and
> whine about traffic rules.
>
> Funny thing. I was one of the guys who dissected new cars, analyzed
> and recorded wiring circuits pertinent to our industry, recorded the
> findings into a resource database, wrote installation manuals and
> magazine articles, taught seminars to sales and installation personnel
> around the country, and helped troubleshoot installs on the
> manufacturer's tech line. And yet I've never been a geek, dork, OR a
> nerd.

Depends on definition.

>>I don't know what the hell happened, when did it become uncool to be
>>intelligent? Without scientists, engineers, computer guys, and other
>>"dork" types we'd all be subsistence farming, I guess you're OK with
>>that though.

> I spent 13 years at the top of my class in private school. Funny
> thing, I've never been a geek, dork, OR a nerd.

Some people would say that you were. Of course, you might just be
overcompensating with your Usenet persona.

> Enlighten yourself. Geekism, dorkerosity, and nerdness are all
> personality afflictions. They are instantly recognizable, and are not
> tied whatsoever to occupations, hairstyles, or choice of adult
> beverage. Perhaps it's something you might ponder for a while.
>

>>nate
>>
>>...talk nerdy to me...

> Why do I get the feeling you have your pud in your hand?

I dunno, repressed homosexual fantasies maybe?

nate

Old May 11th 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,rec.autos.driving
CobraJet[_2_]

In article >, Brent P
> wrote:

> In article >, CobraJet wrote:
>
> >> Well at least you admit being a troll.

> > Uh, doofus, who cross-posted me into rad? Damn, I think it was you.
> > Did you really think that the omnipotent CobraJet would run and hide?

> Irrelevant. A troll is a troll be it one group or thousands.

Not irrelevant. Your rad boys would not be responding to me if they
could not see my posts. You can't get ticketed if the car is in the
garage. Doofus.

> >> It really wasn't all that long ago when Claybrookian logic still ruled,
> >> and passing lane blocking was considered good. Lane blocking was an
> >> accepted 'reality', just like under posted speed limits. Of course with
> >> proper study and thusly being able to form well supported arguments for
> >> lane discipline,

> > Uh-oh, you used the D word. Isn't discipline ingrained in the
> > philosophy of obedience? Isn't that something you yourself have a
> > deep-seated issue with? And yet, you want to subject drivers to lane
> > discipline. Hmmmm.

> Now I have to explain basic language to you?

Translation: CJ busted me so now I have to come up a nonsensical
reply.

> >> keep right except to pass laws have been spreading one
> >> state to the next. It wasn't that long ago that KRETP was ridiculed and
> >> attacked much like you and others do to the 85th percentile method today.

> > I've never attacked the 85th percentile method. I don't know what it
> > is, nor do I care. This whole exchange is about you and your paranoia.

> At least you admit your ignorance and that you engage in ad hominem.

And I use condoms at that.

> However, the exchange began because I mentioned the negative consquences
> of under posted speed limits.

No, the exchange began when you interjected your personal
experiences with the police into a thread about a kid's fatality. How
many times to I have to bring that up?

> >> All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.
> >> Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being
> >> self-evident.
> >> Arthur Schopenhauer
> >> German philosopher (1788 - 1860)

> > Our society is notorious for creating new truths. For the new truth
> > to be self-evident, the old truth must cease to be so. So, it appears
> > that old Shopy left out the 4th stage: All truths must have a freshness
> > date on them.

> 'speed kills' has been that moldy thing ignored in the back of the fridge
> for all too long.

The Earth was flat at one time. Did you know that? Yep, it was
self-evident. True story.

> >> You have no shame or honor, so I suppose so.

> > This is Usenet. Shame and honor have had no place here since its
> > inception. If this is news to you, well, gosh, <cough>, I really don't
> > know what to say. What a minute, did I just say that?

> Well, it appears you have admitted you have no redeaming qualities. There
> is only but one thing left to do. I think you know what that is.

I sure do. I need to go put my 12-gauge in the car. god forbid one
of you rad freaks crosses my path and rants at me for some imagined
traffic faux pas, and I am without the means to decapitate your empty
head on the spot.

Happy Motoring!!!!!

--
CobraJet
Old May 11th 07, 01:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,rec.autos.driving
CobraJet[_2_]

In article >, Nate Nagel
> wrote:

> CobraJet wrote:
> > In article . com>, N8N
> > > wrote:

> >>Geez, who would have thought that a Mustang aficionado would use
> >>phrases like "man up" and then invite me to try to "kick his ass."

> > Does it unnerve you to see that not everyone has caved in to the
> > Politically Correct feminization that society has foisted upon us? You
> > guys whine about disappearing rights without realizing what has
> > happened to the male gender.

> Not at all. I think PCness in all forms is bull****, and I agree that
> there is a difference between men and women and anyone who tries to take
> "equality" to an extreme and insist that we're all exactly the same is
> probably a little confused itself.

So, are you taking steps to eliminate the PC mindset in our society?
Has it dawned upon you that those who espouse that crap are the ones
fostering repressive legislation?

> HOWEVER... when I stumble on a fresh thread and the first reply I see
> invokes ass-kicking, well, I'm pretty much automatically siding with the
> other guy. That was weak back in high school, and hasn't gotten any
> better with age. Most people realize that once they're out in the Real
> World(tm) that a) kicking someone's ass generally has unpleasant
> consequences, so you don't do it and b) there's always someone bigger or
> badder out there, or worse yet someone that knows some badass martial
> art that'll be willing to stand up to your ****.

Uh, nerdlike critter, since we are all in a written media,
"ass-kicking" is a reference to verbal combat. You *have* been trying
to kick mine. Get it?

> Most of the people I know over the age of 18 that would actually say
> that with a straight face are on probation for something or other.

See above.

> >>And you wonder why I don't hang out there.

> > I do?
> >

> >>(well, aside from the fact
> >>that I've never owned a Ford in my life.)

> > Confessing your shortcomings is admireable.
> >

> *snork* yeah, people who worship at the church of a single manufacturer
> of consumer goods are generally intelligent people.

Brand loyalty. A concept that, if still as strong as it was in the
60's, would have pretty much put the kaibosh on current foreign-induced
economic mayhem. Get it?

> Let me remind you
> that Ford is the company that brought us such "better ideas" as the
> Twin-I-Beam front suspension and the Mustang II.

Let me remind you that the Ford truck has far outsold anything else
even remotely in its category in all automotive history, and the Twin
I-Beam was a major contributing factor. Hmm, let's review Stude
trucks...OK done.

> >>Thanks for perpetuating the stereotype of a mullet-headed, PBR-
> >>drinking moron.

> > Beer is for pansies. Never had a mullet. Try the Camaro group. I see
> > you ASSume things just like Brently.
> >

> Hey, when the foo ****s. It's not like *all* the
> Calvin-peeing-on-some-logo stickers I see are on Chevys.

No but all the pocket protectors I see are on NERDS.

> >>You're doing a great job, Brownie. Why don't you go
> >>troll one of the ricer groups, that ought to be fun.

> > Uh, clubie, it was your boyfriend Brently that brought me here in a
> > crosspost. Please thank *him* for my presence, OK?
> >

> You always stumble into a party and immediately start acting like an
> asshole?

Would you let your kid take a rattlesnake to his 3rd grade
show-and-tell class in his lunchbox?

> >>Oh, and eat some Studebaker-powered tire bits. (since you had to go
> >>there)

> > Stude? Hahahaha! Funny lookin' cars, those.
> >

> Yeah, the museum of modern art and thousands of Bonneville racers
> obviously have **** for brains.

I'm sure they'd love to hear you say that.

> > Oh, I'm sorry, was that you kickin' my ass?
> >

> I dunno, what's an ass-kicking in your world?

See above.

> >>nate
> >>
> >>...certainly glad that the few vehicle-specific fora that I do
> >>frequent don't generally exhibit this level of enlightened discourse...
> >>

> > Will I be accepted here if I spend all day pulling up mundane news
> > articles? I know I know! How about if I drive around filming
> > oh-so-minor traffic action that happens a million times a day, being
> > careful to edit out my own blunders?
> >

> I dunno, are they relevant to driving? Hey, here's an idea, why don't
> you post some driving-related content? I agree with you on one thing,
> RAD has become kind of stale what with the interminable threads trying
> to reason with all the Joan Claybrook wannabe, drive-55-on-the-freeway
> weenies.

Well, I usually shift out of first at 55. Does that count?

> > PLEASE let me in. I'm already an asshole;

> Well, at least we have one thing in common.

Perhaps, but mine is not plugged by a carved teak artifact purchased
on a drunken foray from a vendor down a dank Chinatown alley.

> > I just you to teach me how
> > to whine!!!!!

> here, have some cheese.

Actually, I do have a true driving story involving the fast lane and
the police. There's no cheese in it, though.

--
CobraJet
Old May 11th 07, 01:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,rec.autos.driving
CobraJet[_2_]

In article >, Nate Nagel
> wrote:

> CobraJet wrote:
> > In article . com>, N8N
> > > wrote:

> >>You do realize, don't you, that it's "geeks, dorks and nerds" that
> >>spend time sitting behind their desks crunching numbers and/or at
> >>dynos, flow benches, and test tracks observing minutae that make your
> >>vehicle what it is? Without them, what would your car be like?

> > But they are not whining paranoid schizophrenics that tell me
> > society is going to bite me in the ass if I don't sympathize with them.
> > Get it?

> Ummm, no, not really.

Oops, I thought you knew Brently. My bad. See recent posts in RAMFM.

> >>Of course, without another subset of "geeks, dorks and nerds" you
> >>wouldn't be able to post your message; there would be no Internet,
> >>Usenet, WWW, or even BBSs without the people that made it possible.

> > See above.
> >

> >>The very people you ridicule are responsible for so many of the things
> >>in life that you take for granted. Now the question is, what do *you*
> >>do for a living that contributes so much more to society than the jobs
> >>only filled by "geeks, dorks, and nerds?"

> > I'm semi-retired from the auto security industry, where I was from
> > its infancy. You know, the people that made it possible to actually
> > keep your vehicles in your possession so you could drive around and
> > whine about traffic rules.
> >
> > Funny thing. I was one of the guys who dissected new cars, analyzed
> > and recorded wiring circuits pertinent to our industry, recorded the
> > findings into a resource database, wrote installation manuals and
> > magazine articles, taught seminars to sales and installation personnel
> > around the country, and helped troubleshoot installs on the
> > manufacturer's tech line. And yet I've never been a geek, dork, OR a
> > nerd.
> >

> Depends on definition.

Read rad for a few minutes. Are you sure you don't know Brently?

> >>I don't know what the hell happened, when did it become uncool to be
> >>intelligent? Without scientists, engineers, computer guys, and other
> >>"dork" types we'd all be subsistence farming, I guess you're OK with
> >>that though.

> > I spent 13 years at the top of my class in private school. Funny
> > thing, I've never been a geek, dork, OR a nerd.
> >

> Some people would say that you were. Of course, you might just be
> overcompensating with your Usenet persona.

I'll tell you this, nate. Being on the Internet for over 10 years
now has done a lot to keep me focused on not adopting some of the
characteristics that I don't care for in other people. While my Usenet
entity has been over-the-top at times, the common misconception that I
should be a pansy in Real Life is fallacy. Sometimes, people really are
not *that* far off from what they write. Right?

> > Enlighten yourself. Geekism, dorkerosity, and nerdness are all
> > personality afflictions. They are instantly recognizable, and are not
> > tied whatsoever to occupations, hairstyles, or choice of adult
> > beverage. Perhaps it's something you might ponder for a while.
> >

> >>nate
> >>
> >>...talk nerdy to me...

> > Why do I get the feeling you have your pud in your hand?
> >

> I dunno, repressed homosexual fantasies maybe?

Pegged Gaydar. Why else would you entertain such an overt request?

--
CobraJet
Old May 11th 07, 01:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,rec.autos.driving
Fred G. Mackey[_2_]

CobraJet wrote:
> In article . com>, N8N
> > wrote:
>

>>Geez, who would have thought that a Mustang aficionado would use
>>phrases like "man up" and then invite me to try to "kick his ass."

> Does it unnerve you to see that not everyone has caved in to the
> Politically Correct feminization that society has foisted upon us? You
> guys whine about disappearing rights without realizing what has
> happened to the male gender.

Real men have no need or desire to "man up" (whatever that means) or
kick people's asses just for disagreeing with them.

Use of phrases like that expose you for the pussy you are.

BTW, you're one of the biggest whiners to visit this group in a long
time (SADDAM excepted, of course).