2005 545i vs 2005 A6 4.2

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 3rd 04, 10:48 AM
E.R.

In a previous posting, (Seth Brundle)
had the audacity to say:

:I have a 2000 540i, and am looking to upgrade.
:It looks like a dead heat between the 05 545i and 05 A6 4.2.

They're both very nice cars imo.

:The first time I saw a 2005 545i I was like 'YUCK!!!'.

I dunno, I think the new 5ers look just fine. But I suppose they
are a bit of an acquired taste.

:The Audi is limited to 130 MPH and although thats unfortunate,

Yes, but it should be sharkable (once the car is broken in of
course). I agree that governors that artifically limit the top
speed of a very well engineered and capable vehicle are a
terrible thing, just in principle. That the driver may never
intend to drive faster than 110 mph or whatever is beside the
point.

The Euro spec version of that car would probably be restricted
to a much more reasonable 155 mph.

:I think
:I've only exceeded that once in the 540i anyway, and just briefly.

Probably nothing reckless about that, those are very capable and
well handling cars. When one drives a superior quality vehicle,
one doesn't notice the speed as much. 130 mph in your 540 would
probably feel more sedate and planted than 90 mph in my old (no
longer driven) Grand Scam...

:I know I'll like driving the BMW more, thats what got me the 540i.
:I've driven Audis - they are 'smooth' - real smooth, but Im not
:looking for smooth, I like 'fun'.

Audis aren't fun? I thought they were trying to copy BMW in
every way these days.

--
E.R. aka SJG aka Ricardo
present location: vancouver bc canada

2005 S4 Cab Flyboy Audi 0 November 23rd 04 07:35 PM
Help - 17" wheel size (offset) for 2005 S4 Cabriolet Rsmzi Nassar Audi 5 October 3rd 04 03:47 PM
Help - 17" wheel size (offset) for 2005 S4 Cabriolet Rsmzi Nassar Audi 0 October 3rd 04 02:16 PM
Help - 17" wheel size (offset) for 2005 S4 Cabriolet Rsmzi Nassar Audi 0 October 3rd 04 02:15 PM
2005 S4 Cabriolet Newbie Ramzi Nassar Audi 4 August 7th 04 10:35 PM