2000 Dodge Neon Help

Old February 1st 06, 03:05 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Default 2000 Dodge Neon Help

One week ago I bought a 2000 Dodge Neon ES. It had a rebuilt engine in it,
that had only 44,000 miles on it, and ran pretty good. The dealer supposely
"fixed" the heater core, so it was good to go. It drove excellent for a week,
until this last weekend it started having problems. On my way to work, my
speed all of a sudden started decreasing, and when I tried to push the pedal
to go, it had no power at all to it. The check engine light came on and I
pulled over. The check engine light popped up with the code for a bad coil #1.
....It took a few tries of starting to get home, and my dad replaced the coil
with a new one. Then, last night, he test drove the car to make sure it
worked, and it started jerking back and forth again and lost all gas power to
go. Plus, it almost overheated and was glowing red under the hood. We took it
back to the dealer to have them look at it. But, what is wrong with this car
and why is this all happening?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! THANKS
Old February 1st 06, 11:03 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Before you buy Carfax comes to mind.
Coasty

Old February 1st 06, 12:34 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Um we did do carfax and there hadn't been anything wrong with it when anyone
had it. it had been a rental car so thats why they had rebuilt the engine...
um and srry but that realy didnt help my question....there has been nothing
wrong with the car, aka reports from Carfax ok thanks ne ways

Old February 2nd 06, 11:11 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

That was my point I would not have bought a vehicle with a socalled
rebuilt/replacement motor especially if CARFAX had listed it as such and
unless there was a warranty with all the paper work.
Coasty

Old February 2nd 06, 01:06 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

carfax isn't very accurate........

best to have someone look at it.

. ..

Old February 2nd 06, 02:56 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

and none of this is helping this guy either.

It could be timing. it is back firing?
Any codes?
Check Engine light on?

Old February 4th 06, 12:48 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Yes there was a code, i dont know, the Dodge Dealer is working from top to
bottom on it and fixing all that is wrong, hopefully it works!!
ill keep u posted
thanks

Old February 4th 06, 01:01 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

my guess is a wire issue, get hots, open ciruit,, goes dead, if it was a
95 or 97 , the ground wire to coil, cam and crank would go bad , go
dead,, get it hot wiggle wire see if it cuts off, if the engine has been
rebuilt,, the harness has been off

Mopar Oil Filter Number(s) do not spam Chrysler 3 January 7th 06 01:18 PM
2000 Dodge Neon johnreyes Dodge 1 June 1st 05 02:26 AM
2000 Dodge Neon (Ticking, Noisy starting engine) Ken Dodge 14 April 23rd 04 04:06 PM